Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
yiyiyiyi9999
Bat Boy

How to import historical players?

I cannot figure out how to import historical players into my league (OOTP 13 for Mac, by the way). Any help would be appreciated.
yiyiyiyi9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiyiyiyi9999 View Post
I cannot figure out how to import historical players into my league (OOTP 13 for Mac, by the way). Any help would be appreciated.
If you are the Commissioner (go to Manager Options), these buttons appear at the bottom of the Free Agents screen. For more information on how to do what you want, see these pages of the online manual:
Out of the Park Baseball Manual
Out of the Park Baseball Manual
Attached Images
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

That second link talks about adding an historical team. That you do in League Setup and only in the offseason or preseason. You can see that, in my game, the option is grayed out because I'm in the middle of my season.
Attached Images
Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
yiyiyiyi9999
Bat Boy

After clicking IMPORT HISTORICAL PLAYER, I see a bunch of files come up on my database folder. Which one would I click?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After clicking IMPORT HISTORICAL PLAYER, I see a bunch of files come up on my database folder. Which one would I click?
In that window, you need to navigate using the UP button and double-clicking until you get to this folder in your User profile's My Documents (assuming that you left that as the default location of your game):

\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\stats

The game wants you to select historical_database.odb in that folder and then you can enter the player ID number to import. It looks like the game will remember the location so that you don't have to navigate the next time.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
yiyiyiyi9999
Bat Boy

Is that how you do it on a PC? I have a Mac
Old 04-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Is that how you do it on a PC? I have a Mac
It's the same, but the Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\stats folder is located in a different location than on the PC I think. Only difference.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-23-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
lee neutron
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
In that window, you need to navigate using the UP button and double-clicking until you get to this folder in your User profile's My Documents (assuming that you left that as the default location of your game):

\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\stats

The game wants you to select historical_database.odb in that folder and then you can enter the player ID number to import. It looks like the game will remember the location so that you don't have to navigate the next time.
I had trouble finding the file too. I clicked on the "Read Me" text file (doh!) and now when I try to import a historical player, OOTP defaults to the Read Me.txt file.

How can I change the remembered default folder from Read Me.txt to the proper historical stats folder???
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

How do you use Lahman's database, it dosen't have the Historical_database.obd file?

Thanks.

JP
Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #10
Bell17
Bat Boy

League Association age min/max keeps resetting to zero

League Association age min/max keeps resetting to zero

Greetings,

I have a two-association game, one association being major league-level teams (Four leagues) and the other being high school-level teams (Four leagues). I also have A-level reserve teams for the major-league teams (Four leagues).

I've changed the option several times now, but the age maximum & minimum keep resetting to zero & zero. I have changed them at multiple times to 14-18, then run a "clear rosters" and "Fill teams with fictional players". I get the correct rosters, but at the end of the season, players older than 18 keep appearing and populating teams. I'll look at the League Association setup menu and notice that the age requirements have been reset to zero.

Any help is appreciated.
Bell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
KCBaseballVaultTroy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Say you created a fictional league to run along side a 1871 MLB league. Both as Major leagues. If you allowed for historical players to come into the game at the same time BUT as commish of the fictional league I added Griffey Jr. in 1871. Griffey isn't going to come into the MLB league at some point too will he?
KCBaseballVaultTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBaseballVaultTroy View Post
Say you created a fictional league to run along side a 1871 MLB league. Both as Major leagues. If you allowed for historical players to come into the game at the same time BUT as commish of the fictional league I added Griffey Jr. in 1871. Griffey isn't going to come into the MLB league at some point too will he?
Yes he will.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote