Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-03-2017, 04:59 AM   #1
rmt1982
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Favourite Trades/Free Agents

A simple one, whats been your favourite move for a player, either through Free Agency, or Trading..

Heres a couple of mine..

He'd been 61-25-22-47 in Boston, then went 21-7-5-12 in NJ, as he held the second line up, as we pushed for the playoffs.
However, when a player such as the next appears on the Trade Radar...

82-17-32-49 from the blueline last season, and will add experience to a young defensive corps
rmt1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

did a few of them i like, mainly sacrificing high draft picks and fringe players...

have me set for the next 7+ years on my blue line with the addition of letang and a franchise lw for the next 10+ years

Fleury was easy to give up with Murray in goal...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #3
rmt1982
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk43 View Post
did a few of them i like, mainly sacrificing high draft picks and fringe players...

have me set for the next 7+ years on my blue line with the addition of letang and a franchise lw for the next 10+ years

Fleury was easy to give up with Murray in goal...
I really like the Trouba and Nylander trades.
rmt1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
Chomps
Major Leagues

None of my trades are ever accepted. I try to make balanced offers but the other team always rejects. I see the AI making trades with other AI teams that are rejected when I make the offer. What is the deal?

Also, what does this mean "we would be below the cap floor if we made this trade, so we have to get some salary back in return" ?

Last edited by Chomps; 01-03-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #5
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
what does this mean "we would be below the cap floor if we made this trade, so we have to get some salary back in return" ?
In addition to the Salary Cap (for max spending), there is a Salary Floor as well. Teams are compelled to spend (in cap hit, not actual dollars) to be above that floor at all times.

If you're trading with a team that is $3 million over the floor, and taking away more than $3 million in cap hit, that trade would put your partner under the floor. You'd need to return cap hit in the form of another player to make sure they stay over the floor.

In reality, you see this with 'cap mules', players who are given more front loaded contracts where they get paid actual salary above their cap hit in the first few years, but then make less salary than their cap hit at the tail end, making them much more tradeable.

If a contract is structured like this: 5 years, $15 million total ($ 3 million cap hit), but paid out at year 1 $5,000,000; year 2 $4,000,000; year 3 $3,000,000; year 4 $2,000,000 and year 5 $1,000,000, then the cap hit all 5 years is $ 3,000,000.

If you trade that player to a team in year 5, they only have to pay him $1,000,000 in salary, but benefit from the $3,000,000 cap hit. It's a way to let teams 'spend' above the floor without actually spending that money.

If you look at the contracts Arizona took on this year versus what they actually pay in salary, you'll see a great example of this.

TL;DR - you need to make sure your partner is above the salary floor of your league should the trade be made. If they are not, they can't accept the trade.

CapFriendly.com is a great place to check out to see how teams structure the cap hits vs salary payouts.

Last edited by Torgonius; 01-04-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #6
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Start of 3rd season as a GM/Coach of the Penguins i'll do this trade and on the end of the season it worked out like this.

Won the cup in season 2, lost the conference semi in season 3 in 7 games to the flyers, last game 1-0 with crosby out, ehlers out, karlsson out ( traded with ottawa for letang and a pick) and drouin out (broken eye socket, out for 9 months in october) worst luck ever!!!

traded Malkin and a 2nd rounder to buffalo for jack Eichel. 10 years younger and same ability at 6milion a season less for the next 2 years. when crosby and karlson went out injured had to keep them on the roster so i wouldn't drop under the cap! have around 18 mill to sign Nylander, Watson, Eichel, Druoin and Ehlers long term...
Attached Images
Image Image 
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote