Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 09-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

July.1.2014 Crash

Mac user.

Found that the same crash that was in the beta has made it to the full version of the game. Every time I try and get to July.1.2014 it crashes. Evidently it was a known bug as I saw some discussion on it a while back. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on what I can do so that I can finally play into the off season?
ThePerfectDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectDecoy View Post
Mac user.

Found that the same crash that was in the beta has made it to the full version of the game. Every time I try and get to July.1.2014 it crashes. Evidently it was a known bug as I saw some discussion on it a while back. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on what I can do so that I can finally play into the off season?
In my custom league it still does it. I cannot get past 6-30. I have tried several different custom seasons and it still does not let me get past June 30th. It crashes every time. With the historical league it runs fine but not in the custom.........................................Z

Last edited by Zorro; 09-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

How big are your leagues? I find with multiple league, the more included the slower it is and it really hangs flipping over to FA (June 30 to July 1) and just as much on day one of Free Agency. Sometimes to the point where my laptop receives numerous "not responding" messages. Perhaps the number of calls the code has to make for such a large world has to be re-jigged to improve game performance?
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
How big are your leagues? I find with multiple league, the more included the slower it is and it really hangs flipping over to FA (June 30 to July 1) and just as much on day one of Free Agency. Sometimes to the point where my laptop receives numerous "not responding" messages. Perhaps the number of calls the code has to make for such a large world has to be re-jigged to improve game performance?
My league is 14 teams and when it hits June 30TH It does 2 pct of process next season then it crashes.. Every time........................................Z
Old 09-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
My league is 14 teams and when it hits June 30TH It does 2 pct of process next season then it crashes.. Every time........................................Z
You should post your crash file so they can look at it:

If the game crashes reproduceable for you with a certain league file, please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
) and add the league file name to your post.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

P.S. This happens in custom league only. In historic league it runs fine for me from June 30th on but I do not want to play historic. I want to play custom.......................................... Z
Old 09-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You should post your crash file so they can look at it:

If the game crashes reproduceable for you with a certain league file, please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
) and add the league file name to your post.
Ok, Will do. Thanks......................................Z
Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Ok, Will do. Thanks......................................Z
Once you upload the zip file, report the crash here along with the name of your file

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
Old 09-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Once you upload the zip file, report the crash here along with the name of your file

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
Done, Thank you VERY MUCH RBL.............................................Z
Old 09-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

ok so tried again with on ahl echl and nhl as active leagues

got to July.2.2014 and now it crashes again there.... sugar

think i'm quitting till they update this game quite a bit its to frustrating right now
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
BlockRocker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am a PC user and have the same crashes!
BlockRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #12
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

new build. 1.0.3 and same crash dec.1.2013
minimal leagues as in all i have active is nhl and ahl
starting to get pretty frustrated
Old 09-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload your saved games where the crashes occur so we can take a look at them? I tried a game with the NHL-AHL-ECHL setup and get no crashes on July 2. The uploading instructions are here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

Hey Jeff I tried to sent it in but i couldn't figure out how i got to the screen with all the saved games but no submit button. At any rate I restarted again and have activated al leagues in USA and Canada. It seems to be working haven't reached July.1.2013 yet but i'll repost when I do and see if I can make it past
Old 09-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

finally got to and past July.1.2014
simmed to June.31.2015 out of curiosity and again the game crashes without fail
think i'll wait for the next patch. Hopefully mac support will be addressed (screen issues etc) and this might go along with it