Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
svensk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP 11 manual in PDF Format?

Is there a downloadable OOTP 11 manual? I cant find a link to it..
svensk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Old Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Downloadable OOTP 11 manual PDF file

I would like to second Svensk's question and further ask, 'if not, why not ?'
Seems like it would be a extremely easy thing to accomplish, and would accommodate those with limited Internet access.
It could even stir additional sales.

Old Dog
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:29 AM   #3
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
bump.

I think the biggest reason, is that the manual gets re-written every year, and they are always making corrections. I am guess it's just easier and less time-consuming to make the manual on-line. It is also more accurate, rather than have people waste their time constantly having to d/l the updated version of the manual.

Although, I would think it would be a good idea to make the final manual downloadable for the previous version, when the newest version comes out.

But that is all just speculation.
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

From what I understand, the previous version was fan-created.

Unfortunately, the current manual has a good many pages, and it would be extremely time consuming to convert into a .pdf format, considering the hundreds of screenshots and links. The limited staff OOTP Development has simply doesn't have the time to do that and handle patches, support, et al.

You can find the manual online here: OOTP Baseball Manual - OOTP 11

You can also open it up in-game by pressing F1.

You can post errors (and ask questions about the manual) here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...sues-here.html.

I'm sure if someone wants to do all the work of converting it to PDF, the powers that be wouldn't object.
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
OfficerTC
Minors (Double A)

Would be awesome to have.
OfficerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerTC View Post
Would be awesome to have.
Are you volunteering to do it?
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Old Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Downloadable OOTP 11 manual PDF file

Thanks for the responses Gentlemen.

Having a PDF would be pretty handy when Verizon's connect speed goes in the tank...like it did yesterday. It would obviously be static. That's the nature of the beast.

I wonder how other game companies are able to get it done ?

Old Dog

Last edited by Old Dog; 08-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #8
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Thanks for the responses Gentlemen.

Having a PDF would be pretty handy when Verizon's connect speed goes in the tank...like it did yesterday. It would obviously be static. That's the nature of the beast.

I wonder how other game companies are able to get it done ?

Old Dog
Yeah, np.

They can get it done, because they have a full-time staff of programmers whose only job is to do programming. They have another set of staff who does the artwork, and yet another staff that writes the manuals, the blogs, and the content for the web page. They have another staff that builds/maintains the website.

OOTP developments, only have two programmers who have to try to do all of those things, albeit, with help from the community.
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
Vinda-lou
Bat Boy

I'm assuming there is no pdf version, but I'm asking incase I've missed it somewhere. I searched google, but I cannot find a printable OOTP 11 manual. I would love to print it and bring it to Kinko's to have it spiral bound. This way I can have the book next to me, which I find is easier than navigating the online manual. Also good for when I have no internet connection for my laptop.

So am I missing anything? Is there a printable manual? (Just bought it from the Mac App Store. Can't wait to get into this!)
Vinda-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

This may not satisfy your need for a PDF manual but there are many resources here.

Index of /ootp

FWIW I'm very happy with the online manual. I'm connected 90% of the time on 3-4 different computers and travel all over. Between different computers and airports/hotels it's nice to have a searchable on line manual.

Do a search on the forums. I'm quite sure someone took on the project. It might have been v10 though.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
lt2cents
Minors (Triple A)

Could a zip of the entire manual folder be made available for someone who wants to recreate it on their own machine?

Last edited by lt2cents; 04-09-2011 at 05:58 PM.
lt2cents is offline   Reply With Quote