Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
mpbarnet
Minors (Single A)

Android App

Hey Gang!

Is there an android app coming out soon? I work in the Celluar industry as a Store Manager, and over the last year, more android powered devices have been sold than iphone/ipad devices across all networks.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

DYING FOR OOTP 12!!!!
mpbarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
CD1083
All Star Starter

Has anybody ever noticed that when iDevice people comment on their devices they don't ever refer to how much better they are than Android devices?

Why is that?

I'm all for an Andoid version too but what's the point of bringing Apple into everything?
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
Has anybody ever noticed that when iDevice people comment on their devices they don't ever refer to how much better they are than Android devices?

Why is that?

I'm all for an Andoid version too but what's the point of bringing Apple into everything?
iNferiority complex
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
JWay
Hall Of Famer

They've mentioned not doing Android because of issues with Google's return policy...
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thats right, we have not planed an Android version at the moment because of the return policy. If that ever changes we will look again.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:18 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Also, keep in mind we are a tiny company, so we've got enough work already... supporting another platform results in more work, and at the moment that would be more than we could handle. But if iOOTP does well, we will certainly look into Andriod too
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #7
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Thats right, we have not planed an Android version at the moment because of the return policy. If that ever changes we will look again.
What exactly is the problem with the return policy? That they have one at all? That someone can buy the app and within 15 minutes return it?

jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmenia View Post
What exactly is the problem with the return policy? That they have one at all? That someone can buy the app and within 15 minutes return it?
15 minutes? Since when is that the case?... To be honest, we haven't checked changes to their policy for a few months. The #1 reason we don't do an Android app is simply time... if the iOS version does well, we can look into expanding into Android, but right now we simply can't because our team is so small.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Returns: You have 15 minutes from the time of download to return any applications purchased from Android Market for a full refund of any applicable fees. You may only return a given application one time; if you subsequently purchase the same application again, you may not return it a second time. Where the option to return an application is available, it will be made available to you through the Android Market user interface. You may not return any Products other than applications.
Android Market Business and Program Policies

Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

To answer the when did this happen question, it was back in December.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmenia View Post
To answer the when did this happen question, it was back in December.
Alright. This policy sounds rather fair. So let's hope the iPhone version does well so we can hire another developer to do the Android version
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
rangers85
All Star Reserve

Location: Fort Worth, TX...home of the mighty TCU Horned Frogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Alright. This policy sounds rather fair. So let's hope the iPhone version does well so we can hire another developer to do the Android version
Out of curiosity, what was the old policy?
rangers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #13
O-Man
Minors (Triple A)

Excited hoping we do get an Android version. Though I do just fine remote connecting to my PC from my phone
O-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Also, keep in mind we are a tiny company, so we've got enough work already... supporting another platform results in more work, and at the moment that would be more than we could handle. But if iOOTP does well, we will certainly look into Andriod too
Notice he said "Andriod" instead of "Android" -- that way he can't be held to it later

Cannot wait for the iPhone version!
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers85 View Post
Out of curiosity, what was the old policy?
Apparently it was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeldkamp View Post
The Android Market return policy (in the US) is 24 hours for a full refund, once per application. How is that unfair to the developer?
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-released.html

There has to have been more to it than that however. OOTP's refund policy is 14 times longer than what Android's policy apparently used to be so that can't possibly have been it.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeldkamp View Post
The Android Market return policy (in the US) is 24 hours for a full refund, once per application. How is that unfair to the developer?
The developer pays all sorts of CC fees that are based on transactions and are not refunded to him/her when the customer gets the refund.. In fact the developer may get screwed twice, once on the sale that he doesn't make and again on the charge reversal.

I certainly take the side of any small business vs credit card companies and banks. I often offer alternative payment in exchange for splitting a discount at small businesses.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
datajosh
Bat Boy

Quote:
I hope this happens, I would LOVE to have OOTP on my phone. I've tried using Remote Desktop on my phone to play OOTP on my PC but it doesn't work very well.

You guys could also try the Amazon Appstore for Android when the time comes. I'm finding it to be better than the official Android Market, even though Amazon has no return policy for apps. I plan to submit my own apps there when they're finished.
datajosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
Marc Vaughan
Sports Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
There has to have been more to it than that however. OOTP's refund policy is 14 times longer than what Android's policy apparently used to be so that can't possibly have been it.
I doubt its anything but the refund policy tbh - I know that many companies are avoiding the Android devices based upon that because unfortunately the sales from the Android devices don't collate as you might expect to the number of devices which are in use, worse still there are a LOT of refunds for most applications - a number inordinately above what you'd expect considering the popularity and satifaction of users with the same app on other platforms.

(that being said I personally like the Android devices and think they're viable today and am glad Markus is considering them for the future)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #19
statnut
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I doubt its anything but the refund policy tbh - I know that many companies are avoiding the Android devices based upon that because unfortunately the sales from the Android devices don't collate as you might expect to the number of devices which are in use, worse still there are a LOT of refunds for most applications - a number inordinately above what you'd expect considering the popularity and satifaction of users with the same app on other platforms.

(that being said I personally like the Android devices and think they're viable today and am glad Markus is considering them for the future)
Well, I also think the fragmentation of the platform hurts as well.
statnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #20
Marc Vaughan
Sports Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut View Post
Well, I also think the fragmentation of the platform hurts as well.
That will 'play into it' as it increases the development cost of the game, but its physical sales which are required to cover such costs which is why I concentrated on that.

(even the iOS platform is slightly fragmented now with the various revisions of devices and iOS versions - all of which require testing upon)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote