Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #41
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

It needs to be very obvious to the user what is going on in terms of the role. I think you can't assume that someone is going to keep updated onto what every thing being discussed on the forums....you also can't assume they will read the great manual Steve created "before" they start to try to play. It creates a "WTF" first impression so to speak.

This part of the game needs to be simplified or...maybe there needs to be an owner mode perhaps where you can't be fired...you run the show...and the AI leaves your team alone unless you delegate to it.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #42
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow98
This part of the game needs to be simplified or...maybe there needs to be an owner mode perhaps where you can't be fired...you run the show...and the AI leaves your team alone unless you delegate to it.
I think the confusing nature of this part of the game is one of the reasons why so many people don't find tihs game to be as much fun as 6.51.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #43
Boozie1580
All Star Starter

Quote:
It needs to be very obvious to the user what is going on in terms of the role. I think you can't assume that someone is going to keep updated onto what every thing being discussed on the forums....you also can't assume they will read the great manual Steve created "before" they start to try to play. It creates a "WTF" first impression so to speak.
I don't disagree with anything you just said, but it's still pretty dumb that whenever anyone offers a suggestion, the response back is "doesn't work. I want my money back"

Boozie1580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #44
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozie1580
I don't disagree with anything you just said, but it's still pretty dumb that whenever anyone offers a suggestion, the response back is "doesn't work. I want my money back"
more evidence of the "I want it now and perfect!" society that we live in?

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #45
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I totally agree with you....

My comment was mainly on the next time Markus decides to touch this part of the game....try to make it obvious or simpler...for newer people and/or the casual gamer.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #46
Boozie1580
All Star Starter

Quote:
My comment was mainly on the next time Markus decides to touch this part of the game....try to make it obvious or simpler...for newer people and/or the casual gamer.
Agreed. I don't think I could fully explain it to someone right now if they asked me.

Boozie1580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #47
rincewindw
Bat Boy

Quote:
Are you really naive enough to think that the game completely doesn't work, and that no one else here has noticed this HUGE bug? Do you really think that's more likely to be the case than you just overlooking something or having the game set up incorrectly?

I'm curious to know exactly what lesson you learned from this..."SI is just a big scam, they make money by releasing games that don't work at all, and yet somehow nobody besides me has noticed this is happening?"

Stop being so arrogant and it'll be a lot easier to get your problem fixed.
I love this line 'arrogant'. I state a problem I've had that makes the game unplayable to me. The fixes suggested are all things that I have already set. Obviously, if I buy something that doesn't work the way it is supposed to the choices are fix it or get the money back. Since the fixes do nothing, I think it's time to give up on it.

Yes it was my mistake I should have checked out these boards and the company more carefully before I bought. But then I don't want to devote a lot of time to a game. It's not my life. Buy it, play it when I have time to is more where I sit. I don't want to spend hours, months fiddling with it to try and make something playable out of it. Obviously, I think you shouldn't release a game that doesn't work well.

If it was me running a company I'd rather give the money back than have an unhappy customer. That's how most businesses run.
rincewindw is offline   Reply With Quote