Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
texasmame
All Star Starter

19.8.70 - Is that it now?

Haven't upgraded recently, and glad I didn't with all the issues!

To summarize: is the .70 patch the final version of 19 and all is working well? Safe to update now?

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Should be safe to upgrade, at least it's working well for 99.9% of the users, but it's definitely not the final version as there are still a few folks having some issues and there are a few more things we'd like to tweak.

Plus, as we roll PT out, that will mean more updates as well in the future.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Should be safe to upgrade, at least it's working well for 99.9% of the users, but it's definitely not the final version as there are still a few folks having some issues and there are a few more things we'd like to tweak.

Yep. I would certainly be a little cautious before updating - backup your game first in case if you're one of those (rare) users with an issue, so that you can easily roll back to the previous version. And certainly if and when we track down the issues still affecting users, we'll get another patch out to fix those. But the intention at this point is that there is going to be no new features that go into OOTP 19 and the only direct patches to it will be to fix bugs.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

This is why I always wait at least a week before installing an update. I like to see how it worked for other people before taking my chances. Let them be the guinea pigs, not me!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post

99.9 % huh ??? Is that why there are still so many on Steam, Origin and this board telling you that nothing has been fixed since your patch broke this game----this must be the customer service all your fanboys brag about !!! You break the game over and over with your "fixes" and then when some people are taken care of it is 99.9 % of the customer base !!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
99.9 % huh ??? Is that why there are still so many on Steam, Origin and this board telling you that nothing has been fixed since your patch broke this game----this must be the customer service all your fanboys brag about !!! You break the game over and over with your "fixes" and then when some people are taken care of it is 99.9 % of the customer base !!
My game, through steam, is working great. Probably the most stable version ever for me. You know what, after reading your post i'm 100% sure i'm happy with the state of the steam game. Oh and it works great!!!

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've bitten my tongue long enough. This guy only makes posts like this. Never once actually asks for help, posts his system specs, says what problem he is experiencing. It's trolling, plain and simple. Time for the mods to step in.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I've bitten my tongue long enough. This guy only makes posts like this. Never once actually asks for help, posts his system specs, says what problem he is experiencing. It's trolling, plain and simple. Time for the mods to step in.
And it's not new behavior. Check his posting history.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #9
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
And it's not new behavior. Check his posting history.
I know. I try not to call people out because allowing everyone to express their opinions is what helps make this game better. But it's at the point where he/she is not posting anything constructive and is only trying to cause a stir. That's not helpful to anyone.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #10
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
amen to that!!
where's Radar's teddy bear when you need it?
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 08-20-2018 at 02:05 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #11
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I'm 99.9% sure that my game works perfectly. But keep in mind that I'm a fanboy.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
By my count there are around 10-12 people still reporting issues that are likely related to this patch right now. So yeah sorry maybe I was off and should've said well over 99.9 percent

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-20-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I don't say that to minimize this in any way if you're one of the folks who are still experiencing issues or imply that since things are fine for most folks we aren't taking this seriously for those who aren't.

We've worked on this all day and we'll keep working on it until we have a solution that works for you guys and gets your games back to normal.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

For crying out loud ...

I try to diligently download and install all the updates. OOTP 19 had worked perfectly for me since initial purchase. Now, with this last update, it is closing down repeatedly. On a MacBook Pro.

C'mon man ...
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
I try to diligently download and install all the updates. OOTP 19 had worked perfectly for me since initial purchase. Now, with this last update, it is closing down repeatedly. On a MacBook Pro.

C'mon man ...
Sorry!

When you say closing down repeatedly, can you be little more specific as to when and where?

Check out this thread and the initial post and give those suggestions a shot, especially the ones regarding the drivers.

If they don't work, please post there with answers to the questions in the post and, if possible, a trace file from your game. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #16
zappa1
All Star Starter

Just to report, I did finally install .70 even though .69 had fixed my problem. All is working fine. This was the first real issue I ever had with any of the updates over the years.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #17
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
I know. I try not to call people out because allowing everyone to express their opinions is what helps make this game better. But it's at the point where he/she is not posting anything constructive and is only trying to cause a stir. That's not helpful to anyone.
IMO it sounds like he/she is a cyber bully
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #18
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

C'mon, y'all, Clay Dreslough had to find something to do with his life after Wiki barred him from editing Tom Tango's page.
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #19
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I posted my specs on the Steam discussion board and detailed the problems I was having----the response I got follows absolutely NOTHING !!!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:41 PM   #20
Tim Tellean
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I posted my specs on the Steam discussion board and detailed the problems I was having----the response I got follows absolutely NOTHING !!!
Why not post any of your issues in the tech support forum here at OOTP? You are here complaining so please follow the instructions in the tech support forum. Submit a ticket.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote