Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
robert2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Scouting System

Are there any benefits to playing with the complete scouting system turned off? Or will this result in every single prospect reaching their full potential? Having it off seems to clean up the top prospect lists but if there's no risk in any prospects it seems "too easy" and kind of boring.
robert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert2 View Post
Are there any benefits to playing with the complete scouting system turned off? Or will this result in every single prospect reaching their full potential? Having it off seems to clean up the top prospect lists but if there's no risk in any prospects it seems "too easy" and kind of boring.
scouting has nothing to do with players reaching their potential, it only changes how accurately (Or inaccurately) you see the players ratings and can evaluate them. When it is turned off everyone sees the players through only the OSA (The generic scouting system), it doesn't really clean things up, it just gives you a different view of player ratings. OSA ratings are always there.

having scouting on just gives you a second (and hopefully more accurate) opinion on players
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
robert2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Something that still confuses me is the difference between ratings here. For example, Aaron Judge has 80 potential on the 20-80 scale when I look at a list of all the players in my organization. But the top prospect list for my team doesn't even have him listed. I have all ratings set relative to Major League Baseball too.

robert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

scouting reports only update (I believe the default is every 2 months) During the season

you can adjust it game/settings/global settings

game/settings/league settings bottom right "other settings" you can force a rescout of all players for both OSA and Human scouts

So that player probably isn't showing up on the list because the new scouting report hasn't come out yet

edit: I also see you can recalc ratings and run a full re-scout from global settings also
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 03-26-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote