Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #1741
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

a weird msg that had my SP record 384 k in 1 game

it looks very close to the stats that are "projected " for him this season
Attached Images
Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #1742
lschaef
Minors (Triple A)

Scoring Error

Playing out a tied game in the bottom of the 9th. My leadoff hitter strikes out and get ejected from the game and I am forced to replace him in the lineup.

The pitcher's spot in the line-up is due up third in the inning and I know the pinch hitter will take over in the outfield for the batter that was ejected and i know which pitcher I'm going to send out in the top of the 10th, so i put the pitcher in the empty space in the lineup.

The next batter hits a walk off home run. No problem there, but the pitcher who never took the mound was given credit for the win. This is odd, not only because he didn't pitch a single pitch, but the pitcher that should have been given credit for the win was still in the game and the

The bigger issue to me however, is that we shouldn't have to replace an injured or ejected player until the team takes the field or that players spot comes up to bat.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 307
Size:  22.3 KB
lschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #1743
rwmorey
Minors (Double A)

Spring Training Invitee on Active Roster

Hi --

I am starting my third season and I'm getting a message that I still have a spring training invitee on the active roster. However, the player it names has a one year contract that was signed during the off season.

I can't continue my season.

Thanks

Rich
rwmorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #1744
Qdog915
Bat Boy

The Mac crashing bug is getting really old really fast. Why can't get this get fixed? I'm not using an out of date version or OOTP 10 or something. Please please fix this.
Qdog915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #1745
s1c1l1anm0bst3r
Minors (Single A)

No idea why, but on my Mac version of the game the audio is all messed up. The only sounds I hear now are the crowd ambiance noise, them cheering, and them booing. There's no audio for balls caught, thrown, hit, etc., and the umpires. Basically every other sound.

I've tried removing the sound files, booting up the game, then quitting, adding them back in, and rebooting, but that did nothing. I tried removing the files and verifying the integrity on Steam, that did nothing.

Bottom line is I don't want to have to reinstall the game because that's a pain in the neck, but if I can get some help on this that'd be amazing. Thanks to whomever can help in advance!
s1c1l1anm0bst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #1746
dhall2010
Bat Boy

The game is crashing every time I try to change from windowed to full screen.
dhall2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:03 AM   #1747
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall2010 View Post
The game is crashing every time I try to change from windowed to full screen.
That happens on certain setups. What is your screen resolution?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:18 AM   #1748
dhall2010
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
That happens on certain setups. What is your screen resolution?
1680 x 1050.
dhall2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #1749
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Strange problem - League News says player injured - but...

Popup and League Info tells me a C on my minor league team is injured and out for 1 week.

Problem? He is not on my minor league team. Not on the roster. Yet, if I click on him it says he is on the team. He has no stats but for some reason he thinks he is on my team. I have never seen this before????
Old 12-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #1750
nypama
Bat Boy

I emailed technical support but...
I'm having trouble with the game crashing at random times on my Mac OS 10.8.5. Originally I had build 39 but was told to upgrade to 41 and it happened again. It only happens while playing a game. I haven't played enough of any leagues other than my current setup to see if it's from the league or the game itself.
I was told to post the trace file here, so I'm going to try to do that.
Thanks!

Added - it won't let me upload as txt - says the file is too large - exceeds forum limit for txt file type. Had to zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ootp_trace.txt.zip (37.5 KB, 33 views)
nypama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:33 AM   #1751
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall2010 View Post
1680 x 1050.
That's odd. It's not one of the resolutions known to cause this issue. Maybe it's a RAM problem?
Old 12-24-2015, 12:35 AM   #1752
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Win 10 messed up my leagues

A little over 2 weeks ago, OOTP was fine. After the big Windows 10 update, 3 of my 4 leagues are showing the dates of the league being older than where they were and when I try to load a league, it says I need to import from OOTP 15. A screen shot shows that the Bush League is at 4/1/1963 when I had finished the 1965 season and is probably sitting on the first day of the season for 1966. I did re-import leagues 1901 and the Texas League. I lost 1935 in my 1901 league and lost 1987 in the Texas League. The Bush League is my prized baby and would really like to no lose anything in this league.

Please help!
Attached Images
Old 12-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #1753
beorn
All Star Starter

Problems relating to the 40 man roster:

1) A non-roster invitee to spring training get added to the 40 man roster if placed on the 15 day DL

2) Players not on the 40 man roster called up to the majors during the season do not get automatically added to the 40 man roster, leading to crashes of online leagues mid sim. The oddest part of this, to me, is that the sim sometimes stops 3 or more days into the sim -- not sure how that could be.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:25 AM   #1754
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
Problems relating to the 40 man roster:

1) A non-roster invitee to spring training get added to the 40 man roster if placed on the 15 day DL

2) Players not on the 40 man roster called up to the majors during the season do not get automatically added to the 40 man roster, leading to crashes of online leagues mid sim. The oddest part of this, to me, is that the sim sometimes stops 3 or more days into the sim -- not sure how that could be.
1) The 15-day DL is a major league DL, so by rule all players on the 15-day DL must be on the 40-man roster.

2) No clue why this is happening. If a specific owner is causing the problem, you may have to automate their roster.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:09 AM   #1755
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

This is minor to the point of pedantry, but I figured I'd mention it:

When a trade has players only on one side (with only picks or cash on the other), the news story will sometimes have the headline "Swap: [Player] for [same player]." I just got "Swap: Gonzales for Gonzales" for instance.
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:37 AM   #1756
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

No Fielding Ratings

EDIT: I see this issue was raised before with players having no rating for any position because one of their fielding skills falls too low. I didn't see any resolution of it posted though, I'd be curious to see if it was (the problem affected me several months ago). Trading for Adrian Beltre to play 3rd and having him cost me 12.4 runs in 86 games (after a positive figure the year before) was deeply frustrating.

Last edited by IStillDream; 12-28-2015 at 04:50 AM.
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:13 AM   #1757
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

White screen crash

Ive been playing on default 1440x900 windowed mode. Im on Windows 8.1 and have the steam copy of the game. I may however be a few windows updates behind as I have automatic updates turned off. Anyway my issue started a couple months ago while simming my window just turns all white i can not click anywhere and have to force exits. It used to be occasional but seems to be getting worse. I cant sim more than a couple months without an issue. Happens no matter the league i play and only on OOTP no other games have the issue. This seems to be a known issue. But i dont have time to read over 50 pages of forum to find the solution. Please help.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:48 AM   #1758
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Just a note that the ABL now has a 56 game schedule (Source). Obviously news came out only just before season started, so it's more to point out for OOTP17
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #1759
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Ummm...wild card?

Last time I checked, I should have been in the playoffs, not watching the Red & Pirates. For that matter, the Braves finished better than both of them too. I can't explain this.

All updates installed.
Attached Images
Image Image 

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #1760
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Last time I checked, I should have been in the playoffs, not watching the Reds & Pirates. For that matter, the Braves finished better than both of them too.
Perhaps the issue is with the fact you set up the playoff teams as champion + 2 WCs instead of as top 3?