Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #1601
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

just a minor cosmetic mistake

In the Notes it mentions me winning the wildcardgame against the %o (see picture).

First, the %o ????
Second, i won the division, i didnt even play a wildcardgame
Attached Images
Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #1602
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The news item for game records causes the news report to crash because of incorrect syntax.

Name:  news1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  news2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  24.8 KB

Name:  news3.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  123.6 KB
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #1603
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
just a minor cosmetic mistake

In the Notes it mentions me winning the wildcardgame against the %o (see picture).

First, the %o ????
Second, i won the division, i didnt even play a wildcard game
This is because you had a bye in that round. The %o variable is the game's attempt to show the name of the team you beat, but you didn't beat a team...
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #1604
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Perfect Game not credited

I had a pitcher throw a perfect game but it was not credited because there was an error, however the error was on a foul ball and the batter did not reach base.

Now this is obviously a very rare event (has never happened in real life), so it's understandable. Just thought I'd point it out.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #1605
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Standings & Upcoming Series Issue

Just noticed this in a new MLB game, using the updated patch. The upcoming series report shows that the Nationals are in 3rd place, 0.0 games behind the leader. From the standings page, it shows that there is a 3 way tie for first right now. I don't believe the scouting report for the upcoming series is correct.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #1606
conception
All Star Starter

Using 7-day lineups the game skips my #1 starter repeatedly when he is at 100 percent and with rotation set to start highest rested. In the 7 day lineup screen my ace will be listed and still be skipped.

Last edited by conception; 09-19-2015 at 07:48 PM.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #1607
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
Using 7-day lineups the game skips my #1 starter repeatedly when he is at 100 percent and with rotation set to start highest rested. In the 7 day lineup screen my ace will be listed and still be skipped.
Not a new bug by any means. What happens if you turn 7-day lineups off?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #1608
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Not a new bug by any means. What happens if you turn 7-day lineups off?
My team stop using 7 day lineups which is why I don't do that.
I had to force myself to start using them after seeing too many years of my sub rotation meant a good 20-30 percent of my games had the AI put a catcher with no speed and no real OBP ability at the leadoff spot when my substitutes for my leadoff hitters and subs were both speed guys.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #1609
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

I downloaded the game from the website and have tried to purchase it numerous times and it simply goes to a blank black screen. I am using a MacBook Air.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #1610
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highandoutside View Post
I downloaded the game from the website and have tried to purchase it numerous times and it simply goes to a blank black screen. I am using a MacBook Air.
Why not buy it first and then use the key you get to activate the already installed game. FWIW I've never done it any other way. Is this a Mac issue? I'm strictly PC/WIN.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #1611
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
This is a symptom of an uncleared injury. Go into commish mode then the edit tab to clear the injury. It may not be but worth trying for sure.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 09-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #1612
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Why not buy it first and then use the key you get to activate the already installed game. FWIW I've never done it any other way. Is this a Mac issue? I'm strictly PC/WIN.
Hey RcW, I'm just following what seemed the most intuitive method. Went to OOTP front page and downloaded game.

OOTP Baseball - Home

Opened game and clicked purchase, then blank screen. Been happening all day and it's frustrating.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #1613
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highandoutside View Post
Hey RcW, I'm just following what seemed the most intuitive method. Went to OOTP front page and downloaded game.

OOTP Baseball - Home

Opened game and clicked purchase, then blank screen. Been happening all day and it's frustrating.
OK, and I'm suggesting an equally intuitive way (IMHO) that has never failed to work in 12 versions. Can't hurt to try something different, would you not agree?

RichW

Old 09-20-2015, 07:27 PM   #1614
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Ok, got it to work. As far as I can tell, the problem was that in order to fill out my order I needed to go outside of the game. Since I couldn't get it to stay in window mode without a crash, I had to stay in full screen mode and kept getting a blank screen. I ended up pressing Alt-Tab and was able to get outside the game and fill out my order. Hope that made sense.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:10 AM   #1615
Starwood
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmknpk2 View Post
OOTP16.7 build 36:
From the Team Menu, Player List, view: Batting Stats 1, after selecting Split of "Last Year", the double split of "versus Left" or "versus Right" does not correctly adjust the stats displayed. The header indicates "Double Split: Versus Left". However, the statistics shown for either "versus Left" or "versus Right" are always the total of left and right.

In the player card, batting stats, selecting "versus Left" or "versus Right" splits works correctly. The data is indeed being segregated properly in this league. The display mentioned above is not working correctly.

The Player Search screen properly displays the double splits of "Last Year" and either "versus Left" or "versus Right".

Windows 7 64-bit professional.
I'm receiving the same error as this. I've uploaded a league file "League Testing 2.lg" to the FTP server.

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit professional if that's relevant.
Starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #1616
Meanie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exclamation Pinch Hitting - Pitcher Batting Eight

I was just simming a game against the Cubs. As Maddon likes to do, the pitcher (John Lester) was due up batting 8th in the bottom of the 8th with a 1-0 deficit, men on 1st and 3rd, 1 out. The game batted Lester who struck out and then pinch hit Fowler for Bryant in the 9 hole. This can only be explained as the game not recognizing the pitcher in the 8 spot. Well, either that or the AI drank a 12 pack before the game.
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #1617
vottomatic
Minors (Single A)

Missing Players in Player Batting Register

I was playing and I noticed that Pete Rose wasn't showing up in here, in any of the categories, also are active players on a team showed here? (didn't see any)
vottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #1618
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vottomatic View Post

I was playing and I noticed that Pete Rose wasn't showing up in here, in any of the categories, also are active players on a team showed here? (didn't see any)
I think there's a previously identified issue with only the first 1000 players (alphabetically I believe) in a team's history showing up in the statistical registers. I don't see anyone whose last name comes after Rose on your list so it's probably that.

Also don't see Perez or Morgan and McCormick is the last name alphabetically on the list.

Last edited by Huckleberry; 09-24-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #1619
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Tampa Bay / LA Angels on my game in 2008 apparently had an 0-162 exp rec on their team history pages.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #1620
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Tampa Bay / LA Angels on my game in 2008 apparently had an 0-162 exp rec on their team history pages.
I assume this is related to the bug that called the 2008 Rays the Devil Rays?