Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

USBA: Promotion and relegation league. Starting Season 5

Full League Name (Initials): United States Baseball Association
Website URL: United States Baseball Association | An OOTP 14 Promotion/Relegation League
OOTP Version: OOTP 15
Players: Fictional
# Of Teams: 32 over three tiered leagues
League Time Per Sim: one three-game series per sim, MTWTF
Current Season: 2017 starting (season 5)
Rules & Settings: 108 games in the regular season | Coaches - Yes | Scouts - Yes | Ratings - 1-10+
email me at mcrubo@gmail.com with interest or questions.

Hey all, I am the commissioner of the United States Baseball Association. We run a three-league promotion/relegation system consisting of thirty-two teams. We have an extremely active core group of about 10-15 managers at all levels who are on AIM. We have very lively and engaged discussions. We also have like 10 more guys who export and respond to their emails on a regular basis. League participation is great. Every year is overwhelmingly better than the last. The sky is the limit for this league. We regularly have 5+ of 10 clubs at each level in contention for a championship or promotion.

Features unique to the league include:

--In-season League Cup (think FA Cup in English football)
--MTWTF sim, 1 game series per sim
--Games are LIVE SIM. 3 games per team a day. You can watch your team play.
--108 game season, each team plays the other over four series (2h, 2a)
--Promotion and relegation playoffs at the end of the season
--Cash-based financial system
--GMs have complete discretion over most revenue flows
--Player loans
--Draft pick trading
--Regular podcasts and articles by various members of the league
--Non-PL Teams allowed to relocate after 1 year in the league if they choose.
--International Baseball every other off season
World Cup every 4 years teams drawn into random groups
Confederations Cups in the intermediate years.

Highlights of last season:

--After going 83-25 and earning promotion from the Second League in Season 3, the Louisville Slugs locked up second place and eventually took down the Premier League Championship, the first time a Second League team has won the Premiership. Louisville also pulled a double winning the USBA Cup.

--Thunder Bay, a Third League team, defeated three solid Premier League teams, including the defending champion, to make it to the USBA Cup Final

--The Chicago Gold Sox an original six team, failed to return to the Premier League for a second season in a row, despite leading the Second League for the majority of the season

--After accumulating a pile of cash in Season 3, the Columbus Tidal Waves bought up talent and went 86-22 in the Third League, earning 1st place and automatic promotion to the Second League

--California who won the inagural third league title went back to back winning the second league title and promotion to the Premier league in their first season in the second league.

Feel free to post with questions about the league or email me at mcrubo@gmail.com. Thanks!
Our openings are as follows:

Premier League
Real Hartford
Real won the leagues inaugural championship as San Diego. This was 5 seasons ago and since has been in a long slow downward struggle. Last season they narrowly avoided relegation based on the strength of a few key trades. Lucky for them 2 other teams made it a race to get relegated last season to let some young lineups mature at a lower level. This season they find themsleves with a team of a couple stars and not much else and again will be fighting for their Premier League lives.

Second League
No current Openings

Third League

Panama City

Not a lot to write about as PC has finished near the bottom of the last league on a consistent basis. Good news is a manager can built his/her team from the ground up with this team. An active manager can easily build something out of nothing in no more than a season or two in the Third League.

email me at mcrubo@gmail.com if your interested.

Last edited by slugger922cubs; 12-01-2014 at 02:09 PM.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am in quite a few leagues and this ranks as one of my favorites. Lots of interaction, lots of discussion/shenanigans in AOL chat every day. Lots of trades happen. Very fun league.

You like making trades? You will love this league.

We are actually about to do a world cup. And if you're like me and likes to build a team from the ground-up, jump on one of those Three League teams.

Last edited by tyrionbro; 11-20-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Still looking for managers. Don't be intimidated. This is a great league for veterans and beginners. Just starting season 5. Opening Day is Friday. Lots of time to make moves and make a difference this season.

email me at mcrubo@gmail.com for your chance to join
Old 11-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is a GREAT league! I've been involved for 2 of the 4 seasons and we are headed to Season #5 (just started). There are a couple openings. In addition we have a SUPER active AIM chat/room that really makes the league fun! Join now!
troyholl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Streak
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Smile

If you like leagues that are inactive, where the GMs are strangers to the others, where no trades happen and only a small portion of GMs export, you will HATE this league. As Troy said, this is a GREAT league. Some of us make this league part of our lives. Some of us go on AIM every day, this league has become part of us for some of us. I am entering my 2nd season as a GM and my first season in the Premier League after a promotion. It seems that 2 of the teams I will be competing with for a slot in the PL next season are vacant and need a good owner to turn them around. Who here dares to challenge me? Join now!

Last edited by Streak; 11-29-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Only 2 spots remain in this great league. Come and get them. As mentioned before this league consumes your life. Its a great opportunity for all OOTP skill levels.