Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
stevem810
All Star Starter

Completely stumped

Solo league in commish mode. I have all GM duties assigned to me except minor league line-ups/depth charts.

Two things keep happening:

1. My star player (Julien Henri, and the subject of my Fictional League Story here in OOTP, keeps getting put on waivers. This has happened 2 or 3 times. Never before in the 11 years of this replay.

2. So, I fired the Asst. GM (whom I don't recall ever hiring) to make sure that is not the issue. The next day I have a new Asst. GM.

Thank you for any suggestions that might disrupt this cycle.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Are you using "Act As" to be manager of all teams while in Commish Mode?

Or did you go to league setup and "Set all teams to controlled by ...... " ?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Are you using "Act As" to be manager of all teams while in Commish Mode?

Or did you go to league setup and "Set all teams to controlled by ...... " ?
I think I have been using 'act as' of late

I have play in commish mode checked
Old 09-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes if you act as only, then the AI will have full control still over rosters and such. If you want to prevent that, then you need to actually be hired by the team.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You can go to league setup and league settings. Choose this option that I have underlined. This will give you full control of every team. You can then go to each team page and do your setups and assign duties as you wish and they will stick.
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

he's going to need human managers creted for each team, then delegate all other duties except what he wants to control...

or, he'll have to do everything each simulated day for all 30 teams.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #7
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

So just to be clear, are you wanting to control all teams or just the one you are acting as GM for?

My sense has always been that you are only interested in controlling one team, which you can do and still say in commissioner mode for any tweaks to the league you feel need to be made, but from what Matt says above it is clear that doing this in "act as" capacity is not going to give you the level of control you want.

But if you are the official, full-time, on the payroll GM for your team you can still delegate responsibilities you don't want to deal with and can opt to play in commissioner mode also.
(I jump in and out of commissioner mode in my league when I need to do things like create players for my relative player creation process but my primary role is GM/Manager of the Denver Brewers, not in an "act as" role.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:13 PM   #8
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
So just to be clear, are you wanting to control all teams or just the one you are acting as GM for?

My sense has always been that you are only interested in controlling one team, which you can do and still say in commissioner mode for any tweaks to the league you feel need to be made, but from what Matt says above it is clear that doing this in "act as" capacity is not going to give you the level of control you want.

But if you are the official, full-time, on the payroll GM for your team you can still delegate responsibilities you don't want to deal with and can opt to play in commissioner mode also.
(I jump in and out of commissioner mode in my league when I need to do things like create players for my relative player creation process but my primary role is GM/Manager of the Denver Brewers, not in an "act as" role.)
I only want to control the team that Julien Henri plays for currently. I am set up as the GM with all responsibilities assigned to me, except minor league line ups.

I noticed, again, I have an Asst GM on the staff (fired the other one last week) and Henri has once again been put on waivers and claimed, once again, by Giverney (they have the worst record).

I've never had this experience before and the recurrence is seriously disrupting the theme of this league....a story about one player who continually gets waived.

note: for now I'll take Bluenoser's advice and try and control this occurrence that way.

Last edited by stevem810; 09-23-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:18 PM   #9
stevem810
All Star Starter

I guess the problem with firing everyone and being the GM is that all of the in game Managers disappear. They are part of the history, so, probably can't use that option.

Note: commissioner mode allowed me to edit him off of the waiver wire so at least he is back on the team.

Last edited by stevem810; 09-23-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #10
stevem810
All Star Starter

I simmed two more days and he got waived again. Claimed, again.
Does this make any sense?

I guess the other crazy thing is he is the reigning MVP, having another MVP type year, why would anyone waive this guy?
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 09-23-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

It doesn't make any sense to me.
And I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you as I have never experienced what you are experiencing.

My only thought at the moment is that I am wondering what it says towards the top of the panel that you attached a screenshot of. I'm not in front of the game right now, but I think the wording has something to do with your role on the team.
For me, with the Denver Brewers (which I know you are familiar with), it says GM and manager.
Is that what yours says?

There is some wording there that indicates that you might be unable to take control of certain tasks if you don't have the right role selected and I'm wondering if this is true even if it allows you to select your name with the drop down box in one of the responsibilities categories.

Just making guesses here. Sorry.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #12
Snider&Hodges
Minors (Single A)

Is the team's payroll toeing the budget? I super doubt they could push through waiving a player just to shed salary but I wasn't sure. Just making guesses too.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #13
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
It doesn't make any sense to me.

For me, with the Denver Brewers (which I know you are familiar with), it says GM and manager.
Is that what yours says?

There is some wording there that indicates that you might be unable to take control of certain tasks if you don't have the right role selected and I'm wondering if this is true even if it allows you to select your name with the drop down box in one of the responsibilities categories.
I have made a few changes over the past week but my role is currently Manager & GM. I am pretty certain it's always been defined this way. I am now currently in commish mode, but, I don't think that was the original setting.

Looking at the log, I fired the previous Asst. GM on April 8. On April 11 the team brought on a new Asst GM. Julien was waived and claimed on April 30, after Smith SP was recalled from AAA.

I guess all I can do is keep reversing the move and watch everyday to see all the transactions. My normal mode as GM is to not watch the transactions daily but to periodically check. Thanks to all who have tried to assist. If I ever figure this out I will post it.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #14
stevem810
All Star Starter

I think I just figured it out. During the long off season sim I checked the 'do not disturb box' so that I would not be flooded with trade offers that offered little appeal. That box is still checked. I'm guessing the A.I. takes over in that situation.
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 09-24-2019 at 10:18 PM.