Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #1
menicus
Bat Boy

Add team to minor league

I know I'm just missing it, but if anyone could help me... Started with the 1998 Arizona Diamondbacks (just to see how well they'd do under me ). Not too bad, dead last, but only a few games shy of a .500 record. Ok, 1999... time to get serious... DBacks don't have a AA team in 1998 so no biggie, 1999 roles around and I'll just go into one of the AA leagues and add the El Paso Diablos (and whomever that Tampa Bay team had, just play fair)… searching... searching... searching... I know there has to be a way to add a team to a league. It's easy to do when you START a new game so it must be a simple function to do once you've started. I can't find it anywhere. I know how to expand the MAJORs but I don't want to do an expansion, I'm just adding a AA team. Where is the link?
Old 01-22-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by menicus View Post
I know I'm just missing it, but if anyone could help me... Started with the 1998 Arizona Diamondbacks (just to see how well they'd do under me ). Not too bad, dead last, but only a few games shy of a .500 record. Ok, 1999... time to get serious... DBacks don't have a AA team in 1998 so no biggie, 1999 roles around and I'll just go into one of the AA leagues and add the El Paso Diablos (and whomever that Tampa Bay team had, just play fair)… searching... searching... searching... I know there has to be a way to add a team to a league. It's easy to do when you START a new game so it must be a simple function to do once you've started. I can't find it anywhere. I know how to expand the MAJORs but I don't want to do an expansion, I'm just adding a AA team. Where is the link?
Game Settings>League Settings>Editors>Edit League Structure. In upper right-hand corner, you select the Minor League where you want to add a team. Under Division name, you have "Add New Team". Never done it, but I think you have to generate a new schedule as well.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
menicus
Bat Boy

Hmmmm… tried that... maybe it worked in older versions. In 19, once you get to league settings you have Expand League & Schedule Expansion Draft, Schedule Fantasy Draft, Schedule Free Agent Draft, Edit League Colors & Logo, Edit League Schedule, Edit Ballparks... there is no Edit League Structure... and if you drill down to the minor league that you want to edit, almost half of those options disappear and you still can't add a team. I know it's simple and I'm just missing it, but I don't know where :P
Old 01-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

League Setup - League & Teams - select the appropriate league from the drop down top right, then select "Edit League Structure".
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #5
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hmmmm… tried that... maybe it worked in older versions. In 19, once you get to league settings you have Expand League & Schedule Expansion Draft, Schedule Fantasy Draft, Schedule Free Agent Draft, Edit League Colors & Logo, Edit League Schedule, Edit Ballparks... there is no Edit League Structure... and if you drill down to the minor league that you want to edit, almost half of those options disappear and you still can't add a team. I know it's simple and I'm just missing it, but I don't know where :P

Edit League Structure is right under Edit League Colors & Logo. If it's grayed out, or options have "disappeared", it may be because that option (Edit League Structure) is only available during preseason and offseason.

albatross
Old 01-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #6
menicus
Bat Boy

Under edit league colors & logo I have edit league schedule, not structure... hmmmm I'm playing ootp 19 and I don't have edit league structure anywhere... not even greyed out.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
menicus
Bat Boy

I'll finish this season and keep checking as I advance the days to see if it pops up :P
Old 01-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #8
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
i'll finish this season and keep checking as i advance the days to see if it pops up

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  520.2 KB

albatross
Old 01-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Under edit league colors & logo I have edit league schedule, not structure... hmmmm I'm playing ootp 19 and I don't have edit league structure anywhere... not even greyed out.
another place to look ..... you'd need to change Major league level to AAA or whatever in the box to the far right, not shown in this pic.
Attached Images
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 01-22-2019 at 09:24 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote