Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
Ross333
Minors (Single A)

10/5 Rule Veterans Have Right to Veto Trades

Hello
I understand how this option is supposed to work, but does it work correctly? Veterans with 10 years of MLB time and 5 years with one team have the RIGHT to veto a proposed trade involving them, but do they ALWAYS exercise that right in this game? I have tried to trade, and trade for, these veterans and I have ALWAYS seen then exercise the right and veto the trade. Has anyone seen an applicable veteran allow the trade to go forward? It would be a fun feature to be able to coax the unwilling veteran into the trade with a bonus, contract extension or some other consideration.
Ross333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

I have had those guys not exercise that right. It's rare, but I've had it happen.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
Ross333
Minors (Single A)

Can you describe the circumstance? I haven't seen it under any circumstance, just a flat rejection - even in circumstances when players usually accept such deals: end of career veterans or others who have a chance to go to a playoff bound team right before their contract is about to expire.
Ross333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
I have had those guys not exercise that right. It's rare, but I've had it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross333 View Post
Can you describe the circumstance? I haven't seen it under any circumstance, just a flat rejection - even in circumstances when players usually accept such deals: end of career veterans or others who have a chance to go to a playoff bound team right before their contract is about to expire.
Me too but you usually don't realize until after the trade because the 10/5 thing just doesn't come up. Maybe M or M could put a flag in the trade screen.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #5
Qeltar
Major Leagues

I see it as soon as I try to drag a 10/5 guy into the trade window.
Qeltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #6
Mets52
Minors (Double A)

I generally play with this option off
Mets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeltar View Post
I see it as soon as I try to drag a 10/5 guy into the trade window.
Exactly, but if he consents you see nothing. The 2 or 3 times it's happened for me I found out well after the trade following their progress.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 05-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #8
Champ_Sanders
Bat Boy

I have not done this in OOTP 19, but in 18 if the player was unhappy they would waive the no-trade.

If they have option years send them down to AA and they will be excited to leave the team.
Champ_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #9
Juggernt
Major Leagues

The time's I've had them not invoke the 10/5 is when I've shopped them around to other teams, then hit the trade button on someone that's worthwhile--and then move into negotiating mode. Never take the AI's first offer.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
The time's I've had them not invoke the 10/5 is when I've shopped them around to other teams, then hit the trade button on someone that's worthwhile--and then move into negotiating mode. Never take the AI's first offer.
Correct but the players who invoke 10/5 can't be shopped AFAIK.

RichW

Old 05-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Dola, this was 50 seasons ago but I found him in the batting register. Traded him just before opening day after 11 seasons from 2016-27
Attached Images

RichW