Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 01-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

File crashes when attempting to resume rained out game. File name: Redlegs Revivial - 16.lg

I've got a file I've been playing since OOTP16, transferred it up and all that jazz. I've managed every game I've played except one unspeakable stretch and now am poised to make a playoff run. Except....there is a rained out game that crashes the program. Whenever I try to sim past it or play it, it errors out and I'm sent back 12 days til the last time I had saved(yep, lost 11 games of managing).

Is there a fix for buggy games on the schedule like this or is my file doomed?

Last edited by cheesestring; 01-20-2017 at 06:32 PM.
cheesestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

Uploaded .dat's to the ftp.

File name: Redlegs Revivial - 16.lg
Old 01-28-2017, 11:53 PM   #3
puff234
Bat Boy

Did you get a reasponse back yet about the above bug. Im in the middle of the 1933 after playing day by day since 1901 and im now held up on the same issue.
puff234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:34 AM   #4
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

I did not.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Sorry for the delay, we're obviously busy with the new version work at the moment.

Do you happen to still have a .gam or .game file in the replays folder? That's the resumed game info that we would need to see what's going wrong. I'm pretty sure at some point last year we fixed a resuming game crash, so if you're not on the latest version, make sure to update and see if it works.

Otherwise, if you send over the game we can investigate to see what's happening and advise what can be done.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
puff234
Bat Boy

I think cheesestring sent over his file that was effected. I updated to the latest version and it did not fix the problem
Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff234 View Post
I think cheesestring sent over his file that was effected. I updated to the latest version and it did not fix the problem
If you have your league files and the game file, feel free to upload it to us as well (How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software) and we can look into it. It's highly possible it's the same issue.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #8
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

What would happen if you made yourself commissioner and just deleted the game from the schedule?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
What would happen if you made yourself commissioner and just deleted the game from the schedule?
If you delete the .game file that I mentioned above, then the game will end up getting replayed from the beginning.

The caveat with that is that it's possible that stats from the earlier partial game will still be counted in player/team/league totals, and so may get double-counted overall.

But if anyone is in this, please send us your league file with the .game file as well as the .dat files, so that we can investigate to see what's going on, to prevent others from getting into the same situation.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #10
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you delete the .game file that I mentioned above, then the game will end up getting replayed from the beginning.

The caveat with that is that it's possible that stats from the earlier partial game will still be counted in player/team/league totals, and so may get double-counted overall.

But if anyone is in this, please send us your league file with the .game file as well as the .dat files, so that we can investigate to see what's going on, to prevent others from getting into the same situation.
I've reuploaded my files w/all of the .gam/.game since I'm not sure which is which.

File name: Redlegs Revival - with gam files
Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks for the files! It appears to be a problem where when we restore the game, we were still tracking the options from the first part of the game, so what was happening was that since it looks like the first part was played out, we still had it marked as doing human substitutions, so the AI wasn't subbing in players correctly when we restored the game.

So I would tell you to sim to that day and play out the game manually, but it looks like there are some other issues with us trying to reference invalid data. Obviously we can fix all this stuff for OOTP 18, but won't be putting out another patch for 17. As I mentioned above, if you delete the game (game_1173), you should be able to continue overall.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:29 AM   #12
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks for the files! It appears to be a problem where when we restore the game, we were still tracking the options from the first part of the game, so what was happening was that since it looks like the first part was played out, we still had it marked as doing human substitutions, so the AI wasn't subbing in players correctly when we restored the game.

So I would tell you to sim to that day and play out the game manually, but it looks like there are some other issues with us trying to reference invalid data. Obviously we can fix all this stuff for OOTP 18, but won't be putting out another patch for 17. As I mentioned above, if you delete the game (game_1173), you should be able to continue overall.
One thing I noticed in a previous game that was rain delayed and the restarted was the pitcher who had been in was fully rested on the day the game resumed but once the game continued he showed as exhausted as if he had already pitched the previous innings that day even though it was a new day.

I know it's a strange description but my assumption is that the game was treating the player as if he had done the things that day due to how the program interprets 'gameday' versus 'day'.

Thanks again for the help, I will test out the fix when I have a chance.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #13
puff234
Bat Boy

If I buy OOTP 18 and import 17 will it allow me to continue?
Old 02-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff234 View Post
If I buy OOTP 18 and import 17 will it allow me to continue?
Yes, it should resume fine in the new version. If you have the same issue as cheesestring, you might even be able to sim to the day in question, and then simply hit "resume game" and finish playing out the game manually - that may work. Or alternately, if you can deal with the potentially wrong stats, simply delete the game in question and you should be able to proceed.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:25 AM   #15
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes, it should resume fine in the new version. If you have the same issue as cheesestring, you might even be able to sim to the day in question, and then simply hit "resume game" and finish playing out the game manually - that may work. Or alternately, if you can deal with the potentially wrong stats, simply delete the game in question and you should be able to proceed.
Hey Matt,

I finally had a chance to test after deleting the .game file and everything is golden. Thank you sir!
Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #16
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

It looks like I spoke too soon. I've managed to advance past the restart game but now the file crashes when I try to play one after September call ups and initiating a Waiver Wire trade. New files uploaded to ftp server.

File name: Redlegs Revival - 16 - unable to advance.lg.rar
Old 02-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #17
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I tried loading the file, but didn't get any crashes. Everything simmed with no issues (well, at least until Sale tore a ligament for you a couple weeks later. Ouch)

I'd suggest trying again. If you hit it again, let me know more details about exactly what was happening when it crashed.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #18
cheesestring
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I tried loading the file, but didn't get any crashes. Everything simmed with no issues (well, at least until Sale tore a ligament for you a couple weeks later. Ouch)

I'd suggest trying again. If you hit it again, let me know more details about exactly what was happening when it crashed.
It crashed when I hit "Start Game!" from the Options & Preview screen. I guess I could sim to the next day but I'm a bit gun shy about this happening again due to the problems that have cropped up lately.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I ran it and that worked too. So not sure who you pissed off to have all the bad luck in your league.

I'd suggest at least backing up the league file, and then continue to play/sim as you normally would. Hopefully things will sort themselves out. Sorry I can't offer any more help.