Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 01-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #41
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

No Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson on Yankees?!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #42
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
No Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson on Yankees?!
Too many great Yankees for Strikeout King Reggie.

What was he to do, sit Babe Ruth?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #43
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

For some reason I thought I would see Bryn Smith and Rusty Staub on the Montreal Expos. But then again, Rusty did pretty well in his only postseason appearance in 1973 with the New York Mets. One has to wonder how much better Rusty would have performed if he was healthy during the post season.

1973 WS Gm4: Rusty Staub homers to give Mets 3-0 lead -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiIrwEbkPQ

Although the Mets lost the 1973 World Series to the Oakland A's in seven games, Staub put together one of the most memorable postseason performances in a single game in franchise history. With the A's up 2-1 in the series after taking Game 3 in New York, Staub singlehandedly tied up the series with a sensational offensive performance. In his first at-bat of Game 4, the right fielder bopped a three-run home run, giving the Mets a key early lead. For good measure, Staub knocked in two more runs on a single in the bottom of the fourth to give the Mets a decisive 6-1 advantage. In addition to driving in five runs in Game 4, Staub hit safely in all but one of the Mets' seven World Series games that year.
From (New York Mets: Top World Series performances | FOX Sports)

prisonerno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #44
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Well, no, Ultimate. I guess it comes from my childhood of being a Royals fan in the late seventies. That was the days of the "Raiders - Chiefs" rivalry known as the Yankees vs. Royals. And, of course, Reg-gie was right in the thickest middle of it.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #45
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Thats why this is so fun, for the memories, emotional attachment, and the input everyone puts in.

Reggie will indeed be there, playing right field for the Athletics and Connie Mack. That Yankee outfield of DiMaggio, Mantle, and Ruth just cant be touched and I definitely didnt want to see Mr. October coming off the bench; he will star on the A's.

Thanks for the memories on Rusty Staub, he was a great Expo but I also had in mind his great postseason performance as a Met as well as going back to New York to close out his career.

Staub actually bumped some good Mets off the team like Tommie Agee, George Foster, and Dave Kingman, thats how highly I feel about him.
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #46
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Manager: Connie Mack
Ball Park: Oakland Coliseum
Projected Record: 93-69

Starters

Catcher - Mickey Cochrane
Cochrane established himself as the top catcher in his era of the game and for good reason. He will have his hands full with this charismatic staff including Rube Waddell.

First Base - Jimmie Foxx
A hammer for a bat and power like few have seen before, Foxx is a pitchers nightmare. The depth at the position is good with McGwire and Giambi but Foxx is the top dog.

Second Base - Eddie Collins
No one will play harder of smarter than Collins who is one of Mack's favorite players. His resume is second to none at the position even if his personality could be toxic.

Shortstop - Bert Campaneris
Campy will bat ninth and is part of this team to solidify the defense and use his sure hands. Campy also stole over 600 bases in his career.

Third Base - Home Run Baker
Baker is an RBI machine and a player who tends to hit the big ones when they matter most. Baker may not be the most polished player, but he is used to getting spiked and playing hard.

Left Field - Rickey Henderson
The greatest basestealer, run maker, and leadoff man to ever play the game. Henderson is one of a kind and will set the table for the big hitters in this lineup.

Center Field - Al Simmons
If your looking for a letdown when Simmons comes to the plate, look somewhere else. Simmons has great power and had almost 2000 RBI. His range in center field will be tested.

Right Field - Reggie Jackson
All the personality and sound bites aside, Mr. October is a special hitter. He will be part of an Athletics lineup that will likely hammer the most home runs in the league. Reggie will have his spotlight here.

Designated Hitter - Mark McGwire
Power from this position is what most teams want, and it looks like Big Mac will bat next to Reggie and Foxx to provide it. Jose Canseco can also get some time here replacing his bash brother.

Ace - Lefty Grove
The lefty makes batters look silly and has an arm that just wont stop. Some say his stuff and his numbers are as good or better than anyone to take the mound.

Closer - Dennis Eckersley
A team with almost no weakness puts a closer on the mound that may be better than anyother. Eck decieves hitters and can go the extra inning to get a save. A dominant closer in his time.

On the Bench: Jose Canseco, Terry Steinbach, Jimmy Dykes, Bob Johnson, Jason Giambi

Rest of the Rotation: Catfish Hunter, Rube Waddell, Eddie Plank

Word With the Star
Reggie Jackson

Red Barber: Hi Reggie, they are all saying the same thing, New York was too big for both you and the Babe, is that true?

Reggie Jackson: Come on Red. Reggie takes second place to no one. The fat excuse isnt as good as Reggie on the field and definately not as lucky or as good off the field, despite what you may hear. Just like his team he is all hype. I had my fun in New York, but this is where it started for me. I couldnt be happier. I picked to play for the better team.

Barber: Its the opening series of the season and it is getting Word Series type hype, the Yankees open with three in Oakland. Thoughts?

Jackson: They do not have pitching and that will show from the opening series. Their outfielders are slow and sloppy, that will show in the opening series. I am a better hitter than Ruth, that will show in the opening series. By the end of the season and the series, we will show we are much better than the hyped Yanks.

Barber: Getting off the Yankees, some have said that you hold some bitterness towards some of your teamates like Mark McGwire for the era they played in. What do you say to those claims?

Jackson: I say that it doesnt matter. McGwire, Canseco, or anyone else is a teamate now and we are in this battle together. Do I think those guys played it the right way? of course I dont, but that isnt important now. What is important is watching a team that has so many power hitters that it will be a joy to watch. I am not going to fall into this trap of turning against my teamates, those guys just have to work hard and they will be fine with me.

Barber: Connie Mack is obviously old school in his ideas and tactics, he wears the tie on the bench and everything. Does that style suit some modern players?

Jackson: Thats the great thing about baseball, that so many different eras and people come together to play the same game. Look I got a bad reputation because of what happened with Billy Martin in New York and the like. It isnt that bad, Mack respects me and I respect him, I dont anticipate any problems whatsoever. He is a great baseball mind, a legend, I understand that. Billy Martin was none of that.

Barber: World Champions this year Reggie, and are you going to shine in October?

Jackson: We are the most talented team in the best league ever put together. There is no reason why we wont win it all, tell me where we have a weakness? I am going to be Reggie, and that means when it matters, when October comes rolling around, I will shine. April is for panzies.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #47
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Manager: Jim Fregosi
Ball Park: Citizens Bank Park
Projected Record: 83-79

Starters

Catcher - Carlos Ruiz
Undortunately no real greatness in the history of the Phillie catcher. Carlos Ruiz has a good set of skills and Darren Daulton will platoon with him at the position.

First Base - Ron Howard
The big man has prodigious power and great hands which makes him a great first baseman. In their best days, Howard was the muscle of the Phillies.

Second Base - Chase Utley
Utley is the type of player you want up the middle and comes through with hits when his team needs them. Utley at the top of his game was as good as it got at the position.

Shortstop - Jimmy Rollins
Speed and instincts that would make Jackie Robinson proud, JRoll will work well with his mate Utley and get on base to boot. Larry Bowa is the grinder backing him up.

Third Base - Mike Schmidt
Search but you really will never find someone with the power and the glove that Schmidt brought to the hot corner. Maybe the best Phillie of them all, Schmidt will bat cleanup.

Left Field - Bobby Abreu
Often overlooked, Abreu is a doubles machine and a fine hitter. He isnt the smoothest fielder or the most fleet of foot, but that swing shoud translate well. Richie Asburn will see alot of time here as well.

Center Field - Billy Hamilton
Hamilton stole over 900 bases in his career and some say he is the best baserunner ever. He will lead off and set the table for this team, he could be an impact player that puts the Phillies over the top.

Right Field - Chuck Klein
Three hundred home runs and almost 400 doubles, people forget just how good a player Klein is. He will bat third and from the left side will balance the order with Schmidt behind him.

Designated Hitter - Dick Allen
Surely misunderstood and a player that never tapped into all of his talent, Allen is still scary at the plate. His power is tremendous but can he keep his head in it all season?

Ace - Pete Alexander
The combo of Alexander from the right and Steve Carlton from the left will be deadly. In fact all four of the Phillies starters are sitting in the Hall of Famer. Alexander is the definition of an ace even if he does so inebriated.

Closer - Tug McGraw
Determined to get the job done, McGraw will be willing to come in at any situation. The choice for McGraw over Mitch Williams as closer is applauded by most.

On the Bench: Ed Delahanty, Darren Daulton, Riche Ashburn, John Kruk, Larry Bowa

Rest of the Rotation: Steve Carlton, Robin Roberts, Jim Bunning

Word With the Star
Mike Schmidt

Red Barber: Hi Mike. So four Hall of Famers star in the Phillies pitching rotation but dont get the same amount of hype as other teams, why is that?

Mike Schmidt: I think it is because they are not flashy guys and even not media friendly. People often times want to look at the negative like the issues Pete Alexander has had and not on how good they are. I have always said hype is a curse, expectation are a weight, we dont need them. What I can say simply is, good luck hitting these guys.

Barber: Through your career you were really the only power option in the lineup. How will it feel to have Dick Allen and Ryan Howard supporting you?

Schmidt: I hope it means I will see better pitches to hit. Pitchers in this league are really going to have to challnge hitters because there are no easy outs, I think offensive numbers are going to be off the charts, I really do. As for me, it about being patient and getting a pitch to drive. With the support you can be that way and not press.

Barber: Tell us about Philly fans. How is your relationship with them and how are other players dealing with it, like say Dick Allen?

Schmidt: Philly fans I can sum up in a few words, Give me your best or else! They dont want to hear about your reasons of why it didnt happen or what you off the field issues are, they want to see you perform on the field in any sport. I love the fans and their passion, you just cant be sensitive about it or this city will eat you up. I have had that talk with Dick and he understands I thinl. With Steve Carlton its the same way, you have to play well, thats the only way they will love you. No one is going to feel sorry for you and that fine, because this is sports.

Barber: Some were saying that the Phillies should have retained Scott Rolen at third for his glove to back you up. How important is your defense to you?

Schmidt: No disrespect to Scott, but he isnt going to bring the bat I will and the experience as a Phillie. My defense is even more important to me than my hitting. Hitting is natural for me, fielding we all have to work at to get better. I also feel a great defensive play can lift the entire team, save some runs, and do wonders for a pitchers confidence. I expect my best at third base, I just think people forget how good I am over there.

Barber: I know you are excited about seeing Billy Hamilton play. Tell me what you expect.

Schmidt: I think we are going to see excitement like we have not seen before. He is so fast and so smart and takes chances to are worth it. And it is just not speed, he can hit line drives and get on base. He really is dunamic and for those who have never heard of him before, look him up in the record books, and get ready to have fun watching him. He may score upwards towards 175 runs.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:10 PM   #48
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Manager: Danny Murtaugh
Home Field: PNC Park
Projected Record: 89-73

Starters

Catcher - Tony Pena
Not a great position for the Pirates but Tony Pena is an excellent defensive catcher who is hard to run on and works with pitchers very well. His hitting will be lightweight.

First Base - Willie Stargell
Pops knows how to get the job done and more so get the most out of his teammates. He has power and agility even if he isnt the most fleet of foot.

Second Base - Bill Mazeroski
His defense at second is the stuff of legends as he turned the most double plays by far. Maz will also get a clutch hit here or there but make no mistake he is here for his glove.

Shortstop - Honus Wagner
By all accounts the greatest short stop ever. Wagner is extremely strong and has no weakness in his game. His bat is heavy and is glove soft, it will be alot of fun to see him play.

Third Base - Pie Traynor
A .320 career hitter and a triples machine, Traynor is a hall of famer that many maybe forget. Traynor completes an all Hall of Famer infield.

Left Field - Ralph Kiner
The team needs some muscle and Kiner will provide exactly that with his power to all fields. What a short career he had. Same personality and player type as Stargell is.

Center Field - Paul Waner
He will have to adjust to center field but should be fine. Waner never strikes out and finds a way to always be on base. Waner beat out Andew McCutchen for this job.

Right Field - Roberto Clemente
A joy to watch in the outfield no one will dare to run on Clemente. Even more so a stoic star at the plate and a true legend of his craft. Say Clemente and people think of grace and class.

Designated Hitter - Arky Vaughan
Not the typical designated hitter, but Vaughan is too good a hitter to sit it out. A .318 career hitter with 128 triples and a ton of runs, Vaughan is fun to watch on the diamond. Will also spell Wagner at short when and if needed.

Ace - Babe Adams
The team without a real ace, Babe Adams from the old dead ball days gets the call. Adams pitched for 18 years for the Bucs and hung them up when he was 44. He is a Pirate legend.

Closer - Kent Tekulve
Not the strongest pen but Tekulve has the stuff to close things out, Chuck Tanner honesty doesnt have all the options in the world, and that could cost this team.

On the Bench: Manny Sanguillen, Dave Parker, Andrew McCutchen, Bill Madlock, Jake Beckley

Rest of Rotation: Doc Ellis, Bob Friend, Doug Drabek

Word With the Star
Roberto Clemente

Red Barber: What gives you the most joy in playing in a league like this?

Roberto Clemente: God has given me the ability to play this game and that is joy enough. To play for the Pirates against the greatest players ever is such an honor, I will take pride in that and make sure I dont let the team or the fans down. I just love playing baseball, thats the joy.

Barber: Really how strong (fuerte) is Honus Wagner?

Clemente: Man its incredible. He has a heavy bat and hits the ball like its a rubber ball. His hands are so strong, like stone. Running down the bases to break up a double play, whoever it is will do best not to get in his way. But Honus is also a great guy and a great teamate.

Barber: You are such a role model to so many, how important is playing the right way and being a pro to you?

Clemente: I represent my family, my team, and my country. I always have that in my mind, We are people first before we are baseball players and being a good person is my first job. Play the game the right way, respect your opponents. I love the way our team as a whole understands that. We are not individuals on the field but a team. As Willie would say, we are a familia.

Barber: Jackie Robinson is in the National League with you and the two of you have alot in common with the barriers both of you overcame. What are you feelings about him?

Clemente: He opened the door for me too, he was the first. I have so much respect for Jackie and I cant wait to play against him and see him when we play the Dodgers. Of course when he tries to take the extra base I will throw him out. But truly its an honor to be discussed with Robinson.

Barber: How far can the Pirates go?

Clemente: I dont know. I do know that when we open the season against the Cubs, we will play with all of our heart and see where it takes us. No predictions from me.

Last edited by Nick Soulis; 01-18-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #49
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

Can you explain why Chuck Tanner is managing the Pittsburgh Pirates and not Fred Clarke or Danny Murtaugh.

As for the Pirates' catcher, I have Tony Peña 4th on my list.
Jason Kendall - 1998
Manny Sanguillén - 1975
Smoky Burgess - 1961 or 1962
Tony Peña - 1983

But then again, I am not a huge Pittsburgh Pirates fan.

From the list of teams so far, I believe that the Philadelphia/Kansas City/Oakland Athletics team are the only team that can give the New York Yankees a run for their money.

Last edited by prisonerno6; 01-16-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #50
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerno6 View Post
Can you explain why Chuck Tanner is managing the Pittsburgh Pirates and not Fred Clarke or Danny Murtaugh.

As for the Pirates' catcher, I have Tony Peña 4th on my list.
Jason Kendall - 1998
Manny Sanguillén - 1975
Smoky Burgess - 1961 or 1962
Tony Peña - 1983

But then again, I am not a huge Pittsburgh Pirates fan.

From the list of teams so far, I believe that the Philadelphia/Kansas City/Oakland Athletics team are the only team that can give the New York Yankees a run for their money.
I agree with you about the A's, but obviously Boston will be very good as well.

I picked Chuck Tanner because of his run with the 1979 team and its championship. I do see the point about Danny Murtaugh and I think I will take your recommendation.

As for the catcher spot, At least I got two of your top four..lol Still I have to say I believe Jason Kendall good but not great, curious to why you would have him #1.

Tony Pena - 5 All Star games, 4 gold gloves.
Jason Kendall - 3 All Star Games, 0 Gold Gloves

Now it is true that Kendall had the slightly better bat but I went with Pena because of his great glove. He was the best defensive catcher in the National League in my opinion in the 1980's.

Manny of course made the team.

Smoky Burgess is a better argument. he made 6 all star games and won a championship in Pittsburgh. But he also is the inferior defensive player to Pena. Still he would be a choice I would make over Kendall.

Just to be clear, I am not choosing these players based on their best season, I am taking their entire careers into consideration if that helps.

But hey Im not a huge Pirate fan either, any huge Pirate fans want to chime in??

Last edited by Nick Soulis; 01-16-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #51
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Soulis View Post
I agree with you about the A's, but obviously Boston will be very good as well.

I picked Chuck Tanner because of his run with the 1979 team and its championship. I do see the point about Danny Murtaugh and I think I will take your recommendation.

As for the catcher spot, At least I got two of your top four..lol Still I have to say I believe Jason Kendall good but not great, curious to why you would have him #1.

Tony Pena - 5 All Star games, 4 gold gloves.
Jason Kendall - 3 All Star Games, 0 Gold Gloves

Now it is true that Kendall had the slightly better bat but I went with Pena because of his great glove. He was the best defensive catcher in the National League in my opinion in the 1980's.

Manny of course made the team.

Smoky Burgess is a better argument. he made 6 all star games and won a championship in Pittsburgh. But he also is the inferior defensive player to Pena. Still he would be a choice I would make over Kendall.

Just to be clear, I am not choosing these players based on their best season, I am taking their entire careers into consideration if that helps.

But hey Im not a huge Pirate fan either, any huge Pirate fans want to chime in??
I agree on the defensive aspect for the Tony Pena selection. But from my experience, it seems as though OOTP does not give much credence to defense when it comes to the catcher position. I have seen some teams put a non-catcher "hitter" into the catcher position and not once will there be a passed ball and runners are easily thrown out while stealing a base. I am hoping that one day there will be a version of OOTP that will put more emphasis on the defense and pitch calls for the catching position.

A few questions as to the league.

1 - How do you setup the teams? (Load each player one at a time into the league.)

2 - Do you pick the best year for the player or an average?

3 - Is the league a career league or just one season?
Old 01-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #52
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

I agree with you on the importance of defense in the game, I would like to see the game engine make it more significant.

To answer your questions:

1. The game is available to everyone under the OOTP "quick start" game option. I just started that game and modified the rosters as I went along. There is no need to start from scratch.
  2. I determine if the player should be starting or on a roster by taking into account their entire career numbers. Now of course when I actually import them, I use their best season so they are at the top of their game.
  3. This is a just one season league, I have no plans right now of going beyond that.
Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #53
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

Do you know if you can replay a single season over and over again? It would be cool, to me anyway, if you could repeat the same season over and over to see which team is a true dynasty.

There was a computer game back in the 1980's or maybe early 1990's that allowed a person to do that. Earl Weaver Baseball? Tony La Russa Baseball? Hardball? I had all those games, plus several more, but for the life of me I cannot remember which one would allow repeatable season simulation.

Maybe it was Tony La Russa II > Tony La Russa Baseball Top # 18 Facts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowsKSpfWo4

Then again I could be remembering wrong. Sorry for rambling...
Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #54
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

SAN DIEGO PADRES

Manager: Bruce Bochy
Ball Park: PETCO Park
Projected Record: 72-90

Starters

Catcher - Benito Santiago
Not a legend, but a very good defensive catcher who leads and pushes his staff. Santiago will bat 9th and will be an opportunistic hitter.

First Base - Adrian Gonzalez
Other than Gwynn, Gonzalez may be the very best Padre there is with his perfect swing from the left side and his great batting eye. Gonzalez is a huge part of this team and lineup.

Second Base - Bip Roberts
Roberts will lead off and like all other players at the top, will try to score a ton of runs. Roberts had some monster seasons, can steal bases and bring energy. His glove is average at the keystone.

Shortstop - Gary Templeton
Bit of a concern here for the Padres. Templeton has skill but his mental lapses and inconsistency can be glaring for this team. Templeton has a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Third Base - Phil Nevin
Nevin is your typical burly third baseman who can hit the ball a mile. Nevin isnt going to dazzle with his speed or his glove but if he stays within his role he can make an impact. The Padres were hoping to retain Graig Nettles from the Yankees.

Left Field - Dave Winfield
The Padres outfield is impressive. Dave Winfield has the big bat and leans out over the plate to intimidate pitchers. He has a big arm and is a fine athelete. Winfield is a star here.

Center Field - Matt Kemp
Kemps best days were a as a Dodger but he will bring his unique skills to Petco park. Kemp isnt a typical center fielder who has pop but can still run and field the position well. Kemps contribution will be key.

Right Field - Tony Gwynn
A hitter for the ages, Gwynn is sure to be in the race for the batting title and represents all that is good in the game. There is no way to pitch to him, so he will be nestled nicely in his usual 3rd spot. He is underrated with the glove.

Designated Hitter - Jack Clark
Clark will likely split the time with Ryan Klesko as both hit from opposite sides. Clark has great power and a good batting eye, he is a bit lead footed but thats not what they paid him for.

Ace - Randy Jones
The 1976 Cy Young winner may not be the best known ace, but for a span in the 70's he was dominant. He does have a losing record overall and most see Kevin Brown as the ace of this staff.

Closer - Trevor Hoffman
The Padres have the best closer in the NL and his ability to close the door will help this team immensely if they can get them there. A strikeout artist with incredible location, Hoffman is a legend in these parts.

On the Bench - Mark Loretta, Terry Kennedy, Brian Giles, Ryan Klesko, Chase Headley

Rest of the Rotation: Kevin Brown, Jake Peavy, Andy Benes

Word With the Star
Tony Gwynn

Red Barber: The art of hitting is often something you talk about. How are approaching that with this very talented league?

Tony Gwynn: I have to approach it the same, see what the pitcher is trying to do and react. Hitting is about giving yourself the best chance to make good contact, I think the more I face the arms in my division the better I will perform. I think alot of hitters are going to have better second halfs of the season.

Barber: With the Dodgers and the Giants it is a very tough division. What is realistic for the Padres this season?

Gwynn: We need to keep our nose in there and realize anything can happen. I think a strong start will go so long in building our confience and gving is the position we need. We have to believe it Red, that all, to believe it is really half the battle.

Barber: You have always been a positive guy. How is manager Bruce Bochy dealing with a team that are true outsiders?

Gwynn: Emotional motivational speeches I dont believe work at this level. We need to see Willie Mays out there in center field and figure out a way to beat him. Bruce is all about baseball, not to high not to low. We love the way he approaches the game. Everyone of us are here because we are among the best to play, the Padres are just as important as everyone else.

Barber: Any thoughts on the batting title? It seems like Rogers Hornsby may be the favorite in some people's eyes. Joe Jackson mentioned your name.

Gwynn: I know there will be alot of hype surrounding it and I think I can make a run if i get off to a good start. Its going to be very difficult because I think the winner is going to have to hit over .360. I appreciate the confidence from other players, but there are just so many, no matter what anyone says its impossible to predict. Will it be nice to have, absolutely!

Barber: Trevor Hoffman is one of a kind. How good is it to have him late in games?

Gwynn: It gives us such an advantage in the close ones. We know that if we can just get the game to the 8th or 9th we can get the win. Hoffman has fascinating stuff, having studied pitchers for so long, he is absolutely as good as it gets. Hopefully we will see alot of him.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #55
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerno6 View Post
Do you know if you can replay a single season over and over again? It would be cool, to me anyway, if you could repeat the same season over and over to see which team is a true dynasty.

There was a computer game back in the 1980's or maybe early 1990's that allowed a person to do that. Earl Weaver Baseball? Tony La Russa Baseball? Hardball? I had all those games, plus several more, but for the life of me I cannot remember which one would allow repeatable season simulation.

Maybe it was Tony La Russa II > Tony La Russa Baseball Top # 18 Facts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowsKSpfWo4

Then again I could be remembering wrong. Sorry for rambling...

I loved Tony LaRussa baseball, it was so ahead of its time! As for my season, I think there is a way to turn off player progression and basically have the same season as before without the players aging. I know you can change their age manually if you needed to.

Still I am concentrating on one season first, the season will be in depth so will take a while. Sit back and enjoy, and then I would have no problem doing it again.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:27 AM   #56
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

I'm a huge pirates fan but don't know enough about most of these guys as I am only 17 lol. Never got to see any of them. I will say however. Ellis should be he ace. He threw a no no on LSD. just drug him before every game lol. Jk
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #57
orangebird
Minors (Double A)

It really says a lot about the history of the Phillies that almost half of their starting lineup is from that 2008-2011 run they had
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #58
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird View Post
It really says a lot about the history of the Phillies that almost half of their starting lineup is from that 2008-2011 run they had

It really does. Im not sure if that says more about how great of a team they had during that era or just how bad they were the 100 years prior to that!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #59
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

THIS thing has the feeling of a heavyweight fight. Little verbal jabs here and there, attitudes, a hint of cockiness....this looks to get good!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #60
orangebird
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Soulis View Post
It really does. Im not sure if that says more about how great of a team they had during that era or just how bad they were the 100 years prior to that!
A little from column A, a little from column B. You don't win your division four straight years without having a reaaaally good core.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote