Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 11-29-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
wodi
All Star Reserve

Mlb manager 2017?

These boards have been very very quiet, are we sure they're even going to continue to make this game next year?

A complete overhaul and huge improvements were promised, but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that this game generates no revenue for the company and one of these years they will just discontinue it.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
These boards have been very very quiet, are we sure they're even going to continue to make this game next year?

A complete overhaul and huge improvements were promised, but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that this game generates no revenue for the company and one of these years they will just discontinue it.
That would be a logical conclusion.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
That would be a logical conclusion.

Well that's disappointing.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
VERY disappointing indeed!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #5
wodi
All Star Reserve

I've said it before, the whole world is on their mobile devices and tablets these days, the market is potentially a huge one.

I know ootp caters to its niche fan base which pays for the full pc version but it would be nice to try to build up its MLB manager fan base.

Maybe make the game free for the rest of the year to try to attract people to tryout it out?
Old 11-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why? I don't speak for OOTPD. My response was based on your comment about revenue etc. I'm on-board with any business decision they would make because they seem to know the market way better than most of us on the board.

I'd be way more disappointed if they didn't use good business sense.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Why? I don't speak for OOTPD. My response was based on your comment about revenue etc. I'm on-board with any business decision they would make because they seem to know the market way better than most of us on the board.

I'd be way more disappointed if they didn't use good business sense.

Haha I mean I guess it's nice to know ppl agree with me, but it's disappointing I may be right.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Haha I mean I guess it's nice to know ppl agree with me, but it's disappointing I may be right.
I havent been coming to the boards lately but I'll play the glass is half full guy. I think they know the mobile market is one they need to be in and being a small staff with other products in their annual cycle that it is easy to feel abandoned. I think Brad C was much more involved in communicating with us on this product ( no offense intended to any OOTP staffers). This year saw the game moved into the Google Play store. I cant imagine it getting dropped. I wouldn't guarantee a complete overhaul but I'd wager the game goes on. Keep in mind the heavy workload Sebastian has with FHM which was just recently released.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:21 PM   #9
wodi
All Star Reserve

Mlb manager 2017?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I havent been coming to the boards lately but I'll play the glass is half full guy. I think they know the mobile market is one they need to be in and being a small staff with other products in their annual cycle that it is easy to feel abandoned. I think Brad C was much more involved in communicating with us on this product ( no offense intended to any OOTP staffers). This year saw the game moved into the Google Play store. I cant imagine it getting dropped. I wouldn't guarantee a complete overhaul but I'd wager the game goes on. Keep in mind the heavy workload Sebastian has with FHM which was just recently released.

I know but I'd pay money for a complete overall..... hell I'd pay money for some sort of minor league system.

I'd donate to the company if I knew this was gonna happen.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:10 AM   #10
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
I know but I'd pay money for a complete overall..... hell I'd pay money for some sort of minor league system.

I'd donate to the company if I knew this was gonna happen.
I buy it along with all the seasons each year to support the game. I have no idea what the ceiling is when it comes to what they can do with an app. I'd by happy if the any "overhaul" took place over the next few releases.

I have no idea where the sales figures are for the game vs. the amount of resources they expend to put the game out. That has to dictate how much time they allot to it each year. There would be some of us hardcore players of this game who would be disappointed if there wasn't a complete overhaul-I wouldn't blame the dev's though, they gotta eat.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #11
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I buy it along with all the seasons each year to support the game. I have no idea what the ceiling is when it comes to what they can do with an app. I'd by happy if the any "overhaul" took place over the next few releases.

I have no idea where the sales figures are for the game vs. the amount of resources they expend to put the game out. That has to dictate how much time they allot to it each year. There would be some of us hardcore players of this game who would be disappointed if there wasn't a complete overhaul-I wouldn't blame the dev's though, they gotta eat.

The disappointment would come from the fact that no changes were made from 15 to 16 AND THEN the devs promised an overhaul.

I don't NEED an overhaul, but you promised it, so you have to make some sort of upgrades to the game. Would be a bad PR move to promise an overhaul and then change nothing 2 years in a row.

I also don't know anything about the revenues, but if a dev wants to Pm me, I'd love to talk numbers and if a larger donation would even help them.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I buy it along with all the seasons each year to support the game.
Same here .. although the unchangeable font size on screens like the box-score (Android 4.4) made the game not worth playing. If I can't read the box-score, well pfff.

Quote:
The disappointment would come from the fact that no changes were made from 15 to 16 AND THEN the devs promised an overhaul..
And I'm still convinced it would be the number one talked about mobile platform baseball game for realistic results, had there been follow-through.
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:36 AM   #13
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanballComin View Post
Same here .. although the unchangeable font size on screens like the box-score (Android 4.4) made the game not worth playing. If I can't read the box-score, well pfff.

And I'm still convinced it would be the number one talked about mobile platform baseball game for realistic results, had there been follow-through.

It already is an amazing game, I can't imagine how great it would be with a legit minor league system, etc.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #14
hcorry2001
Minors (Single A)

I play this game on a daily basis and i am hooked on it! If they discontinue the game, i'd be greatly disappointed. Hopefully they will make some changes/upgrades to the series. Maybe a little more in-depth with the minor league systems would be a start. Of course increasing the text size of the boxscores would help. Maybe add things like rule 5 draft, 40 man roster, waiver deadlines (revocable as well as irrevocable waivers) international signings & spring training games just to name a few. Can you guys think of any other additions but i know they are limited because of android platform.

Last edited by hcorry2001; 12-05-2016 at 08:39 PM.
hcorry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #15
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcorry2001 View Post
I play this game on a daily basis and i am hooked on it! If they discontinue the game, i'd be greatly disappointed. Hopefully they will make some changes/upgrades to the series. Maybe a little more in-depth with the minor league systems would be a start. Of course increasing the text size of the boxscores would help. Maybe add things like rule 5 draft, 40 man roster, waiver deadlines (revocable as well as irrevocable waivers) international signings & spring training games just to name a few. Can you guys think of any other additions but i know they are limited because of android platform.

They'll never be able to add in a ton of stuff, so I try to push when I can for an expanded minor league system first and foremost. Beyond that I'd just like an upgraded player development and regression system. As it stands the draft is all all about having top picks, 4th and 5th round draft picks are utterly useless. It would be nice to see at least some sort of possibility for all players to have a chance to progress into MLB players.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #16
hcorry2001
Minors (Single A)

Agree about the 4th & 5th rd draft picks being useless.....but once in a while, a player does develop into a bonafide major leaguer....albeit a backup
hcorry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #17
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
They'll never be able to add in a ton of stuff, so I try to push when I can for an expanded minor league system first and foremost. Beyond that I'd just like an upgraded player development and regression system. As it stands the draft is all all about having top picks, 4th and 5th round draft picks are utterly useless. It would be nice to see at least some sort of possibility for all players to have a chance to progress into MLB players.

Agree with the above, I would also like expansion, I love historical but if you start in 1901 a lot of players never see the light of day when you get toward a more modern era. I don't know if its possible, but it would make my day
Old 12-12-2016, 01:00 PM   #18
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)

MLBM needs to be integrated

The bottom line they need to integrate this game with their PC/Mac
OOTP
The game is okay but does not have features OOTP baseball that makes it great
You can on your own and without help from them at all improve stats of the MLBM by manipulating database of their app by using Imazing and other 3rd party software
If they were make an attempt to least to put saved leagues into OOTP 2018 then you certainly do a lot more with this game You will be able to play the game on the pc or Mac and transfer back to the mobile platform

I stopped purchasing full seasons of OOTP 4 years ago
I will not purchase another OOTP until they integrate it and for that matter will not purchase more versions of MLBM if it Is just the same thing as MLBM 2015
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #19
wodi
All Star Reserve

Got the holiday promotion email.... usually they reduce the price of MLB manager to 99 cents.... no such mention....
Old 01-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

Personally I enjoy this app. I can play on a phone anywhere rather than starting up a PC. I don't expect full features of the PC version, but I like similar specials run for the app by the PC version (e.g. All Star break Special).

The only add-on I am interested in is customizing the playoffs.

Last edited by daves; 01-22-2017 at 07:47 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote