Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #1801
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Well here's a link to my issue
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...s-i-found.html

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #1802
zukes
All Star Starter

Just had a strange bug, I finished off a shut out and before clicking the final time to clear the final play by play and go tot he box score, I clicked on my pitcher. When it went out of the player screen, it started a 10th inning....in a 12-0 game.

I will try to re-create it next game.

Last edited by zukes; 02-08-2016 at 09:44 PM.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 PM   #1803
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Just had a strange bug, I finished off a shut out and before clicking the final time to clear the final play by play and go tot he box score, I clicked on my pitcher. When it went out of the player screen, it started a 10th inning....in a 12-0 game.

I will try to re-create it next game.
Do you have a box score?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #1804
zukes
All Star Starter

I forget how to post an image

Last edited by zukes; 02-08-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 PM   #1805
zukes
All Star Starter

figured it out
Attached Images

Last edited by zukes; 02-08-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #1806
JuliusR
Bat Boy

Not sure if this is a bug or an unnecessary side effect, but... When players go to the *** (started with KBO, ***, and MLB on a quick start) they get randomly demoted to the ni-gun league (AA). I edited players stats to make him a MVP level player in the MLB and tested him in Japan, he was immediately demoted to AA. Tried popularity, demoted. Tried adaptability, demoted. Tried other teams, different contracts, different players, all demoted. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a fix other than checking the allow players to refuse demotion?
JuliusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #1807
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusR View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or an unnecessary side effect, but... When players go to the *** (started with KBO, ***, and MLB on a quick start) they get randomly demoted to the ni-gun league (AA). I edited players stats to make him a MVP level player in the MLB and tested him in Japan, he was immediately demoted to AA. Tried popularity, demoted. Tried adaptability, demoted. Tried other teams, different contracts, different players, all demoted. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a fix other than checking the allow players to refuse demotion?
Your issue had to do with service time. There's an option that restarts service time if they move from one league to another. I believe 5 years is the limit. So if they have less than five years in the preseason they get sent down to the minors but once spring training starts they get called back. Once they hit 5 years service it will stop

Old 02-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #1808
Maverick_96
Bat Boy

Hey guys, I'm here visiting from the /r/ootp subreddit because I couldn't figure out my issue over there. I might stay though, because this forum is cool as hell.

Anyways, here's my issue...https://imgur.com/zC1vilZ
Ratings bars are totally gone on the new save I just started. Its not only player ratings, but all the finances and "fan interest," "fan support," etc. Anybody know what causes this and if there's a fix?

Additionally, I should mention that Steam apparently updated my game a few days back. When completed, I tried loading a save I had put 90+ hours (and 7 in game seasons) into and it said the file was "created in another version of OOTP and must be imported" or something of that nature. Only problem was, that game was started on '16 and never imported. So I did some searching and basically diagnosed it as a corrupted file, but I'm still not sure how this happened.

These are the first two bugs I've ever encountered playing OOTP games, and I've dedicated hundreds of hours into the last few installments of the baseball series. I'll be picking up FHM next time its on sale haha...So if any of you know what my issues are, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maverick_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #1809
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_96 View Post
Hey guys, I'm here visiting from the /r/ootp subreddit because I couldn't figure out my issue over there. I might stay though, because this forum is cool as hell.

Ratings bars are totally gone on the new save I just started. Its not only player ratings, but all the finances and "fan interest," "fan support," etc. Anybody know what causes this and if there's a fix?

Additionally, I should mention that Steam apparently updated my game a few days back. When completed, I tried loading a save I had put 90+ hours (and 7 in game seasons) into and it said the file was "created in another version of OOTP and must be imported" or something of that nature. Only problem was, that game was started on '16 and never imported. So I did some searching and basically diagnosed it as a corrupted file, but I'm still not sure how this happened.

These are the first two bugs I've ever encountered playing OOTP games, and I've dedicated hundreds of hours into the last few installments of the baseball series. I'll be picking up FHM next time its on sale haha...So if any of you know what my issues are, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum even though I am not familiar with your issue I'm sure you're going to get the help you need and maybe you should stick around this is the only place we can actually have direct contact with the creators of the game

Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #1810
Maverick_96
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_96 View Post

Well...turns out the game, for some odd reason, changed the global settings to show "ratings only" instead of "bars and ratings." I can't believe I missed this, so I apologize for bumping the thread for that non-issue.

However, if anybody has any tips for preventing my issue #2, the corrupt save file, please let me know. I'll be sure to back up my saves once or twice a season from here on out, but if there are additional measures let me know!
Maverick_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #1811
JuliusR
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Your issue had to do with service time. There's an option that restarts service time if they move from one league to another. I believe 5 years is the limit. So if they have less than five years in the preseason they get sent down to the minors but once spring training starts they get called back. Once they hit 5 years service it will stop
Hmm, still no luck. Players like Wily Mo Pena are getting demoted despite starting in Japan. I also moved Jonny Gomes to Japan as well, with his service time intact, and he keeps getting demoted to AA.
JuliusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #1812
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

file crashes when I click 'league transactions' sometimes. It's not specific to a particular save but on occasion (not every time) whenever i click on league transactions it crashes for some reason. What would cause this?

Last edited by tyrionbro; 02-10-2016 at 01:21 PM.
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #1813
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone got anything about this?

Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #1814
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusR View Post
*** has a foreign players limit. Maybe that's the problem.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #1815
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was told to post here but has been ignored I guess I'll try uploading the league files too then

Old 02-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #1816
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Age maximum's

OOTP 16, game imported from 15.

Just discovered that AI operated teams have players on their Short A rosters who exceed the maximum age limit (25). There are 2 SA leagues in this game, but this is happening in only one league. My SA team is in the league in question, yet the game will correctly block me from moving an age exceeded player to this team.

No limit on the roster size at this level.

Obviously a bug of some type. Let me know if you want to see league files.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #1817
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
OOTP 16, game imported from 15.

Just discovered that AI operated teams have players on their Short A rosters who exceed the maximum age limit (25). There are 2 SA leagues in this game, but this is happening in only one league. My SA team is in the league in question, yet the game will correctly block me from moving an age exceeded player to this team.

No limit on the roster size at this level.

Obviously a bug of some type. Let me know if you want to see league files.
If it's only happening in one league, maybe you should double-check your settings.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #1818
zukes
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
figured it out
Definite bug, testing this cost me a game. Luckily it was meaningless, but still. Here's the box score. The bug is clicking on your pitcher after the last out when you are winning in a road game. It adds a 10th inning regardless of score.
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #1819
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
If it's only happening in one league, maybe you should double-check your settings.
I did that prior to posting this. Both leagues have a max age setting of 25. The one league has quite a few players well into their 30's.

Both leagues set for maximum age at 25 with no roster size limits.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #1820
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
I did that prior to posting this. Both leagues have a max age setting of 25. The one league has quite a few players well into their 30's.

Both leagues set for maximum age at 25 with no roster size limits.
Not sure what's going on, then.