Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #21
UHAcommish
Bat Boy

Mine will be an on-line College/Juniors 'feeder' type league for the eventual NHL/AHL equivalent league we will eventually have in year 2.

My idea behind the College/CHL is a simple one. There will be 20 teams (some colleges and some Canadian junior teams all playing against each other). Each season will have a 10 round draft (after the initial 30 player draft). All drafted players remain their College Juniors team for 3 years (no leaving early). The latest NHL draft is used for the most current College Juniors league draft.

For example in our Universe:

This years 2015 NHL Draft would be 1st year players in the Juniors League
Last years 2014 NHL Draft would be 2nd year players in the Juniors League
And the 2013 NHL Draft would be playing their 3rd and final season in the Juniors League.

This off-season our Universe's NHL Draft would be of 2012 NHL Drafted players whom would be graduating our College Juniors league after having completed the 3 years.
UHAcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #22
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Fictional will be my first game. I work in the entertainment industry and I created an Industry Hockey League made up of studios, production companies and talent agencies in FHM14.

I hope to start a new league in the 1920's made up of the original big studios and have expansion to add new studios through the history of the movie industry - simming all the way up to present day to build a solid HOF and then take over a team.
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #23
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichimanen View Post
Fictional will be my first game. I work in the entertainment industry and I created an Industry Hockey League made up of studios, production companies and talent agencies in FHM14.

I hope to start a new league in the 1920's made up of the original big studios and have expansion to add new studios through the history of the movie industry - simming all the way up to present day to build a solid HOF and then take over a team.
From what I understand you can't change the year in which you start in Fictional. I'm not sure why as it seems easy enough if you just go without having year-by-year modifiers included for the stats. I'd like the option of starting at an earlier year too but maybe next time.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #24
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
From what I understand you can't change the year in which you start in Fictional. I'm not sure why as it seems easy enough if you just go without having year-by-year modifiers included for the stats. I'd like the option of starting at an earlier year too but maybe next time.
You are unfortunately correct. I had suggested this to the team as something that should be added, but I'm not sure the logistics involved in getting it done. I will continue to push for this in advance of release and after release as well... (I too would like to start a fictional league earlier than 2015).

I'm certain it will be added in at some point, but at this point I can't confirm when.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I originally wanted to play the 1967-68 NHL season ,however with two more expansion teams(Baltimore and San Diego). This still can be done as long as its played fictional mode(2014-15 season ). I will need to change all the players names and teams to match my original idea.
I for one,won't lose sleep if Ted Hampson(MN North Stars or was it OAK Seals) doesn't have the same amount of goals as he had in real life.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 08-06-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #26
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
You are unfortunately correct. I had suggested this to the team as something that should be added, but I'm not sure the logistics involved in getting it done. I will continue to push for this in advance of release and after release as well... (I too would like to start a fictional league earlier than 2015).

I'm certain it will be added in at some point, but at this point I can't confirm when.
It seems like something so easy to change since all it would be is changing the 2015 on the player stats, etc. to a different date. I mean, historical mode does it, right? I'm sure there's a really good reason that I'll chalk up to my ignorance in computer programming.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #27
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

If it doesn't work out for FHM 2 no worries, as long the main game functions well. I know the bells and whistles in present day OOTP weren't available in earlier iterations, so I can wait for the base to be solid before the fancy stuff is added.

I'll probably just start off with a version of my full blown American and International studios/production companies/agencies league that I had created in FHM14.

Then I'll try and see if I can make the Blackhawks the first repeat Stanley Cup winners since the 96-97, 97-98 Red Wings.
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote