Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #21
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Cole,

First off, love the new screens and thanks for the updates. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of FHM2.

Anywho.....with you posting these screens of how this years newest NHL draft picks are doing in the sim I was curious if it's possible for you to sim a replay from previous years to see how FHM2 is handling compared to first release of FHM. I was a little disappointed in the sim/stats engine in that guys like Gretzky who had four 200 point season in the 80's were lucky to get 110 points when I simmed seasons in the 80's on FHM (and that was with the goals per game set at the numbers in the 80's. For instance, 1981-82 had the highest ever at 8.02....yet when I simmed that season Gretzky, who had 212 points that year, was barely getting over 100). Also kinda curious how the new sim engine is handling offensive defensemen, too. Bobby Orr had quite a few 100 point seasons yet in the original release of FHM when simming his seasons he was lucky to get 50-60 points. Same with Paul Coffey, too. The only way I was able to get defensemen to get 100 points a season during replays of historical seasons who had done just that in real life was to manually edit them.....so I'm just curious if the new game will be better at getting closer to real life stats during higher scoring era's.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by scootermojo; 06-30-2015 at 05:18 PM.
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #22
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Cole,

First off, love the new screens and thanks for the updates. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of FHM2.

Anywho.....with you posting these screens of how this years newest NHL draft picks are doing in the sim I was curious if it's possible for you to sim a replay from previous years to see how FHM2 is handling compared to first release of FHM. I was a little disappointed in the sim/stats engine in that guys like Gretzky who had four 200 point season in the 80's were lucky to get 110 points when I simmed seasons in the 80's on FHM (and that was with the goals per game set at the numbers in the 80's. For instance, 1981-82 had the highest ever at 8.02....yet when I simmed that season Gretzky, who had 212 points that year, was barely getting over 100). Also kinda curious how the new sim engine is handling offensive defensemen, too. Bobby Orr had quite a few 100 point seasons yet in the original release of FHM when simming his seasons he was lucky to get 50-60 points. Same with Paul Coffey, too. The only way I was able to get defensemen to get 100 points a season during replays of historical seasons who had done just that in real life was to manually edit them.....so I'm just curious if the new game will be better at getting closer to real life stats during higher scoring era's.

Thanks in advance.
FHM isn't going to perfectly mirror real life. That's what a simulation sports game is.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:19 PM   #23
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushamiBoy View Post
Hi Cole,

Quick question for you. Now I know we are trying to evaluate the individual players but have the rest of the rosters been updated for these two teams? I mean pre-draft Edmonton already looked like it can one day be a cup contender with their up and coming roster. Buffalo looked like a pee-wee team en route to a disaster. I am thinking that even if both players were par, McDavid would fair better with Hall and Eberle. Who did Eichel start with, Moulson and Gionta? That makes a difference from Kane and O'Reilly being on the team. Those teams with the better tenders they just acquired will no doubt be better.
I don't have the specific details on this one, as it was actually Jeff who simmed this for me, sorry! Needless to say though, there will be plenty of chances for everyone to compare how McDavid does in different circumstances once the game drops!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #24
Snooze
Bat Boy

Looks pretty awesome.

My only observation is that no one can be #99!
Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #25
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
Looks pretty awesome.

My only observation is that no one can be #99!
To be fair I don't think #99 would quite be #99 in today's NHL. I think he would be above the rest but more like a 120 point player as opposed to 200+ points. IMHO.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #26
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
FHM isn't going to perfectly mirror real life. That's what a simulation sports game is.
I didn't nor am I asking for it to perfectly mirror real life.....I'm asking if it's going to be better than the first version during historical replay. When I sim the 1927 MLB season on OOTP Babe Ruth doesn't hit exactly 60 homers....but he does end up with at least over 50 homers or something SIMILAR or COMPARABLE to what he did in real life. Gretzky getting 110 points during the high scoring 80's or Bobby Orr only getting 60 points during his peak seasons isn't something similar or comparable...and that's what happened on FHM.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #27
Snooze
Bat Boy

Quote:
To be fair I don't think #99 would quite be #99 in today's NHL. I think he would be above the rest but more like a 120 point player as opposed to 200+ points. IMHO.
Not exactly my point, more that the #99 is league retired.
Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #28
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
If you divide Gretzky's points per game by the league wide goals per game you'd get the percentage chance that he scored or assisted on any goal that he played a game in....you can then multiply that number by the league wide goals per game of any other season in NHL history to get what Gretzky's theoretical points per game would be and then multiply that by the number of games to get what a number of points Gretzky theoretically would have had in a different era.

Example: 1981-82. Gretzky's points per game (2.65) divided by 1981-82 league wide goals per game (8.02) equals .330 (or, a 33% chance that any goal scored in a game Gretzky played in that year was scored or assisted on by him). Then, .330 multiplied by 5.46 (2014-15 NHL league wide goals per game) equals 1.80 (Gretzky's theoretical 2014-15 points per game).....times the 2014-15 NHL schedule (82) equals 147.93.

So, going by that the 1981-82 212 point Gretzky theoretically would've scored 148 points this past season when Jamie Benn led the league with only 87 points.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #29
philliesphan26
Minors (Triple A)

A nitpick and off-topic but there are two spelling errors on the second screen in first post (with all the player ratings). "Offensive" is spelled "Ofensive" and "Defensive" is spelled "Deensive"

Probably known about but I just couldn't let it go without pointing it out!
philliesphan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #30
Smetana
All Star Starter

On the topic of historical seasons, I haven't done a ton of testing personally, as I deal mostly with the present-day, but I simmed the 83-84 season this evening.

Gretzky's stat line: 74-104-178 in just 58 games.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:02 PM   #31
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan26 View Post
A nitpick and off-topic but there are two spelling errors on the second screen in first post (with all the player ratings). "Offensive" is spelled "Ofensive" and "Defensive" is spelled "Deensive"

Probably known about but I just couldn't let it go without pointing it out!
Definitely known and noticed on my end too, but thanks for noticing as well We'll get those ironed out before release!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #32
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
On the topic of historical seasons, I haven't done a ton of testing personally, as I deal mostly with the present-day, but I simmed the 83-84 season this evening.

Gretzky's stat line: 74-104-178 in just 58 games.
Thanks!!!! Good to see the sim takes into the offensive explosion of the 80's better....although a little lofty totals for even Gretzky ha ha!!!! Really looking forward to this game even more now.

Any chance of seeing some stats of what an offensive 100 point defensemen like Bobby Orr or Paul Coffey have done during some historical sims?
Old 07-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #33
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Thanks!!!! Good to see the sim takes into the offensive explosion of the 80's better....although a little lofty totals for even Gretzky ha ha!!!! Really looking forward to this game even more now.

Any chance of seeing some stats of what an offensive 100 point defensemen like Bobby Orr or Paul Coffey have done during some historical sims?
I can't promise you anything, but I'll try to sim one sometime this week.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #34
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
I can't promise you anything, but I'll try to sim one sometime this week.
Cool...thanks, man!!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #35
BobC
Bat Boy

.Cole., I just want to say "thank you" for these posts. Communication from the developers has been very sporadic, and your posts are much appreciated.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #36
Goldash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

BOOOOOOO! Not to the game or stat realism, but to Eichel and the team not taking off. :/

Oh well, in Buffalo, we're used to expecting immense amounts of disappointment before it even happens, so we'll be ready for anything.

I haven't posted on the OOTP forums in years, but saw this post while lurking and just wanted to say how great everything looks. I didn't buy the first game in the series, but I'm definitely on board with FHM2 when it's released since I'm stoked about all the new additions.

Of course, this is a huge time in this team's history so it's always nice to see some advanced simulations. I just hope there's a way to "reverse the curse". :P

Last edited by Goldash; 07-02-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Goldash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #37
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Can players gain/lose weight?
I got the answer to this and it's a yes.

Sebastian tells me the 14-year-old new-gen players have realistic height/weight values for their age and they gain both over time.

This can then impact things like their strength rating, etc.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #38
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

btw McDavid is 6'1" now
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #39
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPain View Post
btw McDavid is 6'1" now
Guess he never caught that last growth spurt in this sim
Old 07-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #40
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how do Position Ratings work?

I see a player like McDavid has a 20 C , 12 LW and 10 RW rating. It seems to stick with him throughout his career. Is it safe to say players can't progress their secondary positions? Or do they need a lot of icetime at that position to see an increase?

Also, if McDavid did play LW lets say, how badly would his performance be affected by not playing his primary position?. Is their a rating number (lets say 18 for example) that a player should be to be effective at that position?
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote