Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
Braves
Bat Boy

Winning record?

Is it possible to have a winning record? It seems like my teams are always a couple games under .500 or way below .500. Do you guys have any tips to help me out?
Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

If you sim, I too find it extremely hard to keep a winning record. However, I do well when I play every game with a decent team.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
isaacgood11
Bat Boy

I won 132 games one year and 131 a different year.
isaacgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #4
OOTPSimmer
Minors (Single A)

I recently experimented with MLB Manager over the weekend and found it to be rather frustrating to maintain and finish with a winning record. The one season I did finish with a winning record (86-76), we didn't make the playoffs.
OOTPSimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
wodi
All Star Reserve

What is potentially causing these issues?

People just saying they can't win games isn't going to help anything. If there is a noticeable issue in something like Team ERA being too unrealistically high then maybe the developers can go look and make adjustments. But I don't think ppl just saying they can't have winning records is going to get anywhere.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
What is potentially causing these issues?

People just saying they can't win games isn't going to help anything. If there is a noticeable issue in something like Team ERA being too unrealistically high then maybe the developers can go look and make adjustments. But I don't think ppl just saying they can't have winning records is going to get anywhere.
Agreed, because a ton of factors are involved. How good of a team are you using? If you're just simming, then maybe your manager isn't doing his job properly and you should be adjusting the roster yourself.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
Braves
Bat Boy

I've noticed all my pitchers ERA seemed too high. I mean all have a 4+ and Craig Kimbrel has a 7.5. And I'm not sure what this has to do with winning and loosing, but it seems like over the course of a season every player eventually get upset or angry or has a bad morale.
Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #8
Chaca0341
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Focus on pitching at least (1) 4 star and above avg stamina 14 and up. Bullpen depending on how my team looks ill draft in the early years first then on the position player i need, and good/above avg defense C, SS, 2B, and CF POS. Always a good formula.
check free agency for corner OF with some pop there out there 12-13 power that can play LF/RF w/ below over avg defense. This is what's worked for me since I started playing a few years back. Try it out.
Chaca0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Braves, do you play the games yourself or use autoplay? When trading, does the screen suggest that your team has weaknesses or many? Is your team budget anemic or copious? Are you playing an historic or current team that was or is really bad in real life?

In earlier versions of this game, I found it relatively easy to get a good winning record by the second year. MLB 2015 seems to make trading more difficult, so I might not continue to have successes, but my general advice is . . . spend a lot of time looking for advantageous trades.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #10
wodi
All Star Reserve

It's funny, I try to make as few trades as possible. Always seemed unrealistic to just go out and trade for anyone you want. I try to limit myself to trades only at the deadline either for or trading away prospects, depending on how my team is doing. I also make sure I only trade with the opposite. So if I am looking to rebuild I will only trade for prospects on a team that is in contention.

I've never really had an issue getting a winning record, I wouldn't say it's easy, but eventually through free agency and the the draft it happens.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote