Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Historical League Rookie Import - 2011?

Greetings. I am in the midst of my first historical league, running from 1974-2010. The issue I have is that I am wanting to do the year 2011 as well, but the rookies that appeared in 2011, who were in the MLB Quickstart Roster set, are not being imported with the Neutralized Database that shipped with OOTP 12.

How can I get these players (Jesus Montero, Brandon Belt as examples) into my league? Do I need to manually import them one-by-one? Or is there a way to get them to import like the previous seasons using a different database? I am already past day 1 of the preseason, so I'm guessing the answer to the last question is "no". Any assistance would be appreciated.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The databases used by OOTP are always compiled before the game ships, usually during the previous January. As the 2011 baseball season had not yet been completed nor even started in Jan 2011 it is little wonder it is not included. Look in a collender and I bet you could have figured it out, the tea leaves would have shown you the answer.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
JM theres a way to find rookies by year on baseball reference but I deleted my link and now i cant find out how i had the link to begin with. After switching DB's on 11 I was putting rookies in by year starting at 2003 by hand, I had left off with 2005.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The databases used by OOTP are always compiled before the game ships, usually during the previous January. As the 2011 baseball season had not yet been completed nor even started in Jan 2011 it is little wonder it is not included. Look in a collender and I bet you could have figured it out, the tea leaves would have shown you the answer.
I completely understand why they would not be in the database, sorry if that is unclear. I guess I was asking if there was a way to import them from another database, as opposed to trying to do some kind of manual entry. Since they are in the MLB Quickstart, I figured they have to be somewhere, right?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Thou art correct they is somewhere and with every version I have asked that that info be made available for exactly the reasons you state and every version the request falls on ears that are deaf.

Historical seems to be made to cease on purpose. It makes sense that it does really as it ceases to be historical if one mucks about with it.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Thou art correct they is somewhere and with every version I have asked that that info be made available for exactly the reasons you state and every version the request falls on ears that are deaf.

Historical seems to be made to cease on purpose. It makes sense that it does really as it ceases to be historical if one mucks about with it.
Understood, thanks.