Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
earl6125
Minors (Double A)

Upset Already!

Well guys I purchased the game from my desktop..no problem there.

The game requires to run on 1024 x 780 resolution!

Why for crying out loud?

It makes everything small...it stretches the game screen.

This is bad really bad!!!

Jim..I hate to say this..this is your first patch and we havent even fought a fight yet!!!

I run my machine on 860 x 480 pixels..the lowest and I have many games.

This requires me to keep flipping the resolution around..not good at all.

This needs to be fixed right away!!!
earl6125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
bigtrouble77
Minors (Double A)

I think your the only person ever that runs at that screwed up resolution. You can't blame the dev's for setting the game to run at the most widely used resolution.

-BT
bigtrouble77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
almo
Major Leagues

hehehe
almo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
Andreas Raht
Administrator

The game requires 1024x768. I would really love to support all resolutions, but for text based sims it's difficult to work full screen for several reasons, and to support each resolution in windowed mode is a huge task. I'm really sorry, I know that we loose all the customers who read "Required resolution is 1024x768" and then cannot purchase it because they use another resolution. But that's the requirement which the game has. Sorry!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:51 PM   #5
earl6125
Minors (Double A)

The problem here is two fold...

I have to keep switching my resolution to utilize most of my other computer programs. This resolution for the game..when kept at this resolution makes everything miniture on the desktop.

The big problem with the game..when adjusting my monitor I stretch out the monitor (horizontal setting to 100 and you cant point and click all the options you need with out moving the main screen around with your mouse.

There needs to be away to adjust this resolution.

It makes it very difficult to play and enjoy the game.

Why cant the programmers adjust the resolution for this game.

I guess why did they go to this resolution. Even when users like myself change to the resolution needed to play this game you have to make adjustments to the game screen and then it still looks bad and you cant see all the options.

I sound like a broken record.

Well lets hear from the programmers on this. I feel this is an important issue and we havent even talked about the game yet.

The other thing though once this problem is solved..maybe this should be a separate thread is jpeg files to copy and paste for all the fighters. How can I get these (what url can I go to) and how do you copy and paste the fighters faces.

This jpeg thing is a mood point. Lets fix this resolution thing. If I had known this...My God..maybe I would have bought this game!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:52 PM   #6
earl6125
Minors (Double A)

I am so angry..I meant wouldnt in my last paragraph!!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #7
sabotai
All Star Reserve

860x480....I never even heard of that setting let alone anyone running at it...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:03 PM   #8
bigtrouble77
Minors (Double A)

Re: Upset Already!

Quote:
I run my machine on 860 x 480 pixels..the lowest and I have many games.
You realize your distorting the image horizontally by 220 pixels by running in this resolution, right? (I'd like to know what video card supports this res)

Methinks you should ask Santa for a 19" monitor.

-BT
bigtrouble77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:16 PM   #9
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Earl, I'm sorry, I can only repeat this: The system requirement is "screen resolution 1024x768 or more". There is no option in the near future.
We understand that it sometimes happens that the game doesn't run on the customers computer, and therefor we're having a seven days return policy, so don't worry, your money will not be gone. Just contact Viatech through mail or phone and you'll get a full refund.
Of course I would be really glad if you wouldn't return the game and if we found a solution to your resolution problem, but I can only repeat, there is no other solution than to switch to that resolution. (oh my god, I'll go to bed now after that sentence LOL)
Please accept our apologize.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #10
GeorgeT
Minors (Double A)

Hi Earl,

I think you must be running at 640x480. Why do you need to run at such a low resolution? Is your monitor not happy running at higher resolutions? What graphics board do you have?

George
GeorgeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:18 PM   #11
NervousXtian
Minors (Single A)

Are you blind? No offense, but unless your vision is really bad, or are using a 15" monitor, I can't understand why you'd use such a low resolution.

17"+ monitors can be had for less than $100 these days. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #12
bigcat
Minors (Double A)

Actually if he was running a laptop all this would make much more sense.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #13
earl6125
Minors (Double A)

Okay help me out guys..I usually run my computer and all my programs on 800 x 600.

Here is my computer configuration. I have a very good computer that runs alot of high end games like Combat Flight Simulator 3, Links 2003...etc..you get the picture.

Azus Pentium 4 2.2. ghz processor
750 Ram
Nivdia GI Force TI 4400
Direct X 9.0 B

As you can see I have a good computer but if I knew this particular game ran only on one damn resolution then I wouldnt have bought. Havent put up a fuss over this game..played it on other versions and waited so long to get this..I want the opportunity to play it with an asthetically pleasing screen.

I adjust my horizontal on my CRT monitor but you have to adjust the screens to click on some of the options of the game. The horizontal only stretches so far. If someone has a solution soon I need help soonest otherwise I am returning this thing!!

I am not a very happy camper here. Games that I own range in graphic intensity never play on this 1024 resolution alone. You always have flexibility there. These games are more graphic intense than this one. Its really a shame that the programmers who developed this didnt consider resolution. Havent to switch my resolution like this is crap!!

Well enough of that. If someone can help let me know. I can get to the game aspect until this is resolved.

On a side note I did want JPEG files from someone to copy and paste the real faces of the fighters, so if someone can help me there that would be great.

I am waiting..but for now I am out!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #14
ey215
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by earl6125
Okay help me out guys..I usually run my computer and all my programs on 800 x 600.

Here is my computer configuration. I have a very good computer that runs alot of high end games like Combat Flight Simulator 3, Links 2003...etc..you get the picture.

Azus Pentium 4 2.2. ghz processor
750 Ram
Nivdia GI Force TI 4400
Direct X 9.0 B

As you can see I have a good computer but if I knew this particular game ran only on one damn resolution then I wouldnt have bought. Havent put up a fuss over this game..played it on other versions and waited so long to get this..I want the opportunity to play it with an asthetically pleasing screen.

I adjust my horizontal on my CRT monitor but you have to adjust the screens to click on some of the options of the game. The horizontal only stretches so far. If someone has a solution soon I need help soonest otherwise I am returning this thing!!

I am not a very happy camper here. Games that I own range in graphic intensity never play on this 1024 resolution alone. You always have flexibility there. These games are more graphic intense than this one. Its really a shame that the programmers who developed this didnt consider resolution. Havent to switch my resolution like this is crap!!

Well enough of that. If someone can help let me know. I can get to the game aspect until this is resolved.

On a side note I did want JPEG files from someone to copy and paste the real faces of the fighters, so if someone can help me there that would be great.

I am waiting..but for now I am out!!!
I am in no way intending to buy TBCB (not a boxing fan) but Andreas has replied twice to your posts in this thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by Andreas
The game requires 1024x768. I would really love to support all resolutions, but for text based sims it's difficult to work full screen for several reasons, and to support each resolution in windowed mode is a huge task. I'm really sorry, I know that we loose all the customers who read "Required resolution is 1024x768" and then cannot purchase it because they use another resolution. But that's the requirement which the game has. Sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas
Earl, I'm sorry, I can only repeat this: The system requirement is "screen resolution 1024x768 or more". There is no option in the near future.
We understand that it sometimes happens that the game doesn't run on the customers computer, and therefor we're having a seven days return policy, so don't worry, your money will not be gone. Just contact Viatech through mail or phone and you'll get a full refund.
Of course I would be really glad if you wouldn't return the game and if we found a solution to your resolution problem, but I can only repeat, there is no other solution than to switch to that resolution. (oh my god, I'll go to bed now after that sentence LOL)
Please accept our apologize.
The developers of the game addressed your issue. You can return the game for a refund if changing the screen res is to much of a hassle. They do the best they can to support as many machines as possible, but as he stated in his first post developing for multiple screen resolutions is a difficult task.

I'm glad you posted your compter specs but what size monitor are you using? Frankly, IMHO you're not getting a full experience with the computer you're running but running some of those games (flight sim, etc.) in 800X600. The graphics become more crisp and look much better in a higher res if you can afford the computer to run them in that res.
"It is a haunted game in which every player is measured against the ghosts of all who have gone before. Most of all, it is about time and timelessness, speed and grace, failure and loss, imperishable hope - and coming home." Ken Burns, Baseball

Last edited by ey215; 12-09-2003 at 04:59 PM.
ey215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #15
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I have never heard anyone complain so much about a game as you do. I had to constantly read your complaints about the release date and now you complain about the game. If you don't like it then get your refund like Andreas posted so I don't have to keep seeing these damn posts.

Go White Sox!
Goodsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:25 PM   #16
earl6125
Minors (Double A)

I believe its actually a 15" inch CRT screen.

While you make your point about resolution making the graphics look better the problem here is that game streches to far across my screen and doesnt fit within the parameters of the screen size.

I have adjust my horizontal and vertical bars..pincushions, etc.

If you want to see the stats during the fight you have to somehow squish the screen smaller and when you want to right click the upper right hand corner you have to manuever the main menu to get the bar..totally unsat.

I know what has been said here...that doesnt make it right. As I restated here..the developers should have consider making you pick different resolution and graphics settings before a game.

Many of your state of the art games give you that choice.

I have have tried other games in the this higher resolution..I dont like doing it because it makes my desktop look small and I would have to switch things back because if you read any text..even the boxreg text about each fighter it makes the print small (totally unsat to me). But getting back to resolutions of other games I have done that..it doesnt stretch the game itself and render it difficult to point and click when you want to go to other options.

Thats my beef.

If someone can come up with a viable solution to help me with my monitor to see the screen better great. If not then I have no choice but to return the game.

Its a crying shame..because I believe its a sham that I waited so long for a game I wanted to play..and then I am dealt with this!!

Shame on the OOTP developers on this one!!!!

No help then I turn it over to you Andreas on how to get my money back!!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #17
couriers
All Star Reserve

Shame on the OOTP developers for not making the game exactly how you want it to be made? What kind of crap is that?

They made a perfectly viable game and gave you the option to play it with the intended resolution or go elsewhere. I would suggest that you move along if you cannot deal with the way the game is setup.

There are some of us just trying to get the game to run properly and you waste your breath so much so on such a minor preference. That’s right, preference.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #18
couriers
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Read the instructions provided by ViaTech instead of expecting the developer to hold your hand.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:34 PM   #19
ey215
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I believe its actually a 15" inch CRT screen.

While you make your point about resolution making the graphics look better the problem here is that game streches to far across my screen and doesnt fit within the parameters of the screen size.

I have adjust my horizontal and vertical bars..pincushions, etc.

If you want to see the stats during the fight you have to somehow squish the screen smaller and when you want to right click the upper right hand corner you have to manuever the main menu to get the bar..totally unsat.

I know what has been said here...that doesnt make it right. As I restated here..the developers should have consider making you pick different resolution and graphics settings before a game.

Many of your state of the art games give you that choice.

I have have tried other games in the this higher resolution..I dont like doing it because it makes my desktop look small and I would have to switch things back because if you read any text..even the boxreg text about each fighter it makes the print small (totally unsat to me). But getting back to resolutions of other games I have done that..it doesnt stretch the game itself and render it difficult to point and click when you want to go to other options.

Thats my beef.

If someone can come up with a viable solution to help me with my monitor to see the screen better great. If not then I have no choice but to return the game.

Its a crying shame..because I believe its a sham that I waited so long for a game I wanted to play..and then I am dealt with this!!

Shame on the OOTP developers on this one!!!!

It's the 15" CRT that is your problem. For a computer like that it is a shame to run a monitor that small. If you can afford it I would recommend a monitor upgrade. They have come down in price a good bit and you'll be happier with everything, not just TBCB.

That being said, click here for information on how you can get a Via Tech refund. This is for OOTP but it should be the same for TBCB. All you need to do is contact them and ask for a refund. They'll have you unliscense and then they'll credit your credit card.

On a side note, if you're going to complain about a game not coming out quickly enough you really shouldn't complain about the game not having every feature you want. You can't really have it both ways.

*shrugs his shoulders*

I hope I was of help.
"It is a haunted game in which every player is measured against the ghosts of all who have gone before. Most of all, it is about time and timelessness, speed and grace, failure and loss, imperishable hope - and coming home." Ken Burns, Baseball
ey215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:50 PM   #20
earl6125
Minors (Double A)

Who griping about features or wanting my hand held!!

We are talking about a game that runs only on one resolution.

This is not feature issue here its being able to run the game and see the game the way it is intended to be seen.

I have never had a problem with any my other games when it came to screen size!

For future I might invest in a flat screen but thats not the issue here!!

Its been able to enjoy a game without pushing the bar when it came with graphics. This in my mind seemed like a game I would not have any problems playing..then this resolution thing came up.

Frankly I am very disappointed.

I will wait a day or so to see if someone can come up with something from you gamers or from the developers. If not I will click your above choice for refund!!