Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
robbydee
Minors (Rookie Ball)

historic stadiums not working

I have the historical ballparks mod, just started a game between 1956 Reds and '56 Yankees at Crosley Field. The game says I'm playing at "Crosley Field" but it's not. It's a modern stadium, not Crosley. The mod works fine in OOTP 19 but not with the new game.

Is there some button or setting that I'm missing that activates the stadiums mod?
robbydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
cheo25
All Star Reserve

If a park isn't showing up automatically, you have to go into a team's settings and set that park.

For 2D, you would navigate to the ballparks folder (or wherever you have ballpark images stored on your machine) and choose the park picture.

For 3D, you would navigate to the ballparks folder (or wherever you have park models stored) and navigate to the 3D model for that park.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbydee View Post
I have the historical ballparks mod, just started a game between 1956 Reds and '56 Yankees at Crosley Field. The game says I'm playing at "Crosley Field" but it's not. It's a modern stadium, not Crosley. The mod works fine in OOTP 19 but not with the new game.

Is there some button or setting that I'm missing that activates the stadiums mod?
Tell me more. Is this a 1956 historical league? Exhibition mode? Or what?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
robbydee
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's a 1956 league. Works fine in OOTP 19. I'm playing as the Reds.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Did you import this league from OOTP19 to OOTP20?
Old 03-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
robbydee
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No, I started fresh with OOTP20. I did move historic ballparks and historic photos over from OOTP19 and the photos work fine. The weird thing is that the modern stadium is called "Crosley Field"

Last edited by robbydee; 03-26-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Hmm. I created a 1956 historical league and had no trouble with Crosley. It shows up in-game just fine.

What happens when you play a game somewhere other than Crosley Field?
Old 03-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #8
robbydee
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ah .... I had to go to Workshop Central and click "install" I just had stadiums downloaded. Not sure how I fixed OOTP19 because I don't remember going there ... but hey
Old 06-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #9
JMDurron
All Star Starter

I am also having this issue, with my historical ballpark 2D images no longer working in OOTP 20. I presume this has something to do with the .webp format of the new ballpark images. Has anyone found a workaround for this? I prefer the classic 2D view for in-game playing and the black screen of nothingness is frustrating me.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

JMDurron, is this happening with the historical ballparks mod?
Old 06-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #11
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
JMDurron, is this happening with the historical ballparks mod?
I think so? I have individualized folders for every historical year from 1901-2016, within which are a bunch of .prf and .jpg files. I've been copying those files over from one version of OOTP to another since OOTP 17, but I skipped OOTP 19 and think that I am missing an adjustment to the new ballpark file types.

FWIW, I do not use Steam to purchase OOTP and therefore do not know how to leverage the "Workshop Central" to try to install that mod. From what I saw in the thread that came up in my searching on this subject, my file structure looks similar to that of the mod, but I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Can you go to the Edit Ballpark screen and assign a 2D image to a ballpark manually?

What do you mean by "black screen of nothingness"? I would think you'd at least see the default image.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #13
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Can you go to the Edit Ballpark screen and assign a 2D image to a ballpark manually?

What do you mean by "black screen of nothingness"? I would think you'd at least see the default image.
I am able to do so, but when I pick the associated .jpg files (for day and night), they do not appear in either the edit ballpark display or on the field. I just see the player info and widgets on a black/blank background. It appears that I'm working from the OOTP 18 version of the historical ballparks mod, since I never could figure out how to access the OOTP 19 version once ootpmods.com died.

Looking at default settings in OOTP 20, it appears that the 2D images are all tied to the 3D .webp files for each stadium. This makes me wonder if the .jpg files from the previous mod no longer function in OOTP 20. I've been searching like a madman all over this forum today and haven't been able to confirm this theory, though.

EDIT - If it helps, this is on an imported game that I brought over from OOTP 18 -> OOTP 19 -> OOTP 20.

Last edited by JMDurron; 06-05-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #14
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Ok, this keeps getting weirder.

Apparently, when I auto-import, now instead of the blank/black screen I am getting the default background. Progress!

Even though the correct photo file appears to be selected for that ballpark, I have to manually re-select the same file in order for the image to display correctly. But, once I do so, it appears to now be functioning.

I have absolutely no idea what happened the first time to lead to this, I haven't installed any other updates. I did delete and re-copy the ballpark files back over from OOTP 18, maybe that was part of my problem somehow?

Anyway, sorry for wasting your time, thanks for your willingness to assist.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #15
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The OOTP20 ballparks mod (available via Steam) works fine, even though it contains the old 2D images. I'm guessing something gets lost during the import process from 18 to 19 to 20. What about going to the Edit Ballpark screen and importing the .prk file (located in the folder for that specific season) for a particular stadium? The .prk file identifies names of the 2D image files assigned to the ballpark.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #16
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
Ok, this keeps getting weirder.

Apparently, when I auto-import, now instead of the blank/black screen I am getting the default background. Progress!

Even though the correct photo file appears to be selected for that ballpark, I have to manually re-select the same file in order for the image to display correctly. But, once I do so, it appears to now be functioning.

I have absolutely no idea what happened the first time to lead to this, I haven't installed any other updates. I did delete and re-copy the ballpark files back over from OOTP 18, maybe that was part of my problem somehow?

Anyway, sorry for wasting your time, thanks for your willingness to assist.
All's well that end's well!