Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-31-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New Team Happiness

I'm sure that there is a good reason for this, but I just want to get it clarified. I have a player who was drafted #1 Overall, at 0.5 star ability, and 5 star potential. 7 years after his draft year, he has yet to develop past 1.5 stars. Granted, sometimes this happens, but he is among a large number of players who are still having "difficulty adjusting to a new team." Isn't anything past like, three or four years a little excessive with that? I think that this is a little odd. Is there some sort of metric that contributes to this, or is it part of the game's logic. If it is the latter, I am of the opinion that it significantly needs to be dialed down, as it negatively impacts a player's development for a significant period of time in an unrealistic manner.
fashett_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The odds of the adjustment period remaining in effect that long are really, really small, and outright impossible unless there are literally no other players on the roster that share the player's nationality, so I'm wondering if there's something going wrong there. Is he from a different country than the rest of the team? And if you happen to be playing in sandbox mode, check his hidden attributes (turn commissioner mode on and use the edit button on the player) and let me know what his Adaptability rating is.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #3
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The odds of the adjustment period remaining in effect that long are really, really small, and outright impossible unless there are literally no other players on the roster that share the player's nationality, so I'm wondering if there's something going wrong there. Is he from a different country than the rest of the team? And if you happen to be playing in sandbox mode, check his hidden attributes (turn commissioner mode on and use the edit button on the player) and let me know what his Adaptability rating is.
This was throughout the Beta, and when I installed the full copy of the game, I got an invalid database error (this is something that I have found with several saves, including new ones created AFTER the new installation - I am going to do some more testing to see if this is a continuous issue.) However, I am going to do some more simulating in a new sandbox, and see if it is a problem once again. If so, I will let you know if it is an issue with the adaptability. It is definitely not an issue with nationality, he was a Swede, and there were a lot of Swedes both in my system, and on the actual roster. To be continued...
fashett_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:16 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, thanks. We did make some adjustments during the beta, so we may need to take noheatr look if it's still too strong an effect.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote