Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 10-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #281
nielsoncp
Major Leagues

Thanked 895x in 259 posts
Brooklyn, NY - Ebbets Field 2019

Since I've been digging into the history of baseball stadiums, I've been fascinated by the efforts to preserve older parks like Fenway and Wrigley. It's made me curious about what it would look like if similar efforts had been exerted for other fields over the years, so I wanted to play around with at least one (more to maybe come? no commitments) - Ebbets Field.

The park itself seems to have an outsized nostalgia - by the time the Dodgers moved it was in pretty rough shape. But, let's imagine instead that the park was kept better. What could it look like?

(Silvam graciously allowed me to share this updated that I made to his models - so thanks Silvam for creating all of these great parks! )

Obviously there would need to be luxury suites of some kind added, so I put a few behind home plate and created a deluxe area around the top row of the seating bowl. I also decided to bring in some Wrigleyesque rooftop seating across the road, along with a left field videoboard. I updated the ads, but kept the scoreboard and the hit sign win suit from the original. I hope it's a good balance of old and new, like Wrigley and Fenway - you'll have to let me know what you think.

Zip File can be found here

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 10-12-2019 at 07:56 PM.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
7 thanks for this post:
BabyDollJacobson (10-14-2019), FSUKegman (10-13-2019), micropterus58 (10-13-2019), tehsuigi (10-14-2019), The Game (10-13-2019), topherlee2 (10-13-2019), zappa1 (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 02:03 AM   #282
topherlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
The Brooklyn B on the field is reversed instead of facing the right way, other than that the updated Ebbets Field looks awesome! Hopefully this would be the start of many classic ballparks updated to modern times.