Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-05-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
giantsfan30
Bat Boy

Rivalries

Right off the bat I'll admit to having to knowledge of how difficult this would be but it would be amazing if it could be added to the game.

Right now when I play as the SF Giants a game against the LA Dodgers pretty much has the exact same feel as a game against any other team. It would be interesting to give these types of games a bit more spice. The game could have some pre-built rivalries such as SF-LA, STL-CHC, or NYY-BOS but could offer to build new rivalries due to division standings, bean ball wars, or other reasons. Some things that could occur would be games starting with both teams already being warned about beanballs. There could be a sort of "heated" gauge that can be raised or lowered based on how games have been going. If there's been dirty plays (dirty slides, beanballs) in recent games it can go up and if everyone's playing nice it can drop.

It seems like the whole bean-ball war is very lacking when playing out games. Right now the game pretty much forgets about a fight as soon as the players are ejected and then it's like nothing ever happened. I've seen where there will be a fight and then a inning or two later another player gets hit and nothing happens. Heck there's been times where I've intentionally thrown at a opposing player right after a fight because I was still kind of angry (or bored) and nothing would happen.

While I'm going off about wanting more meaningful rivalries and fights why not give us some different fights as well? Why can't we get a fight between a baserunner and a infielder who's upset about a dirty slide?
giantsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

I've literally seen more inside the park homeruns than fights, playing every game including Spring Training and AFL.
BaseballGoodToMe is offline   Reply With Quote