Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #321
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
How do you resize the players on the field?
Never mind - I found it. WOW!! Now I get what everyone has been raving about the past few days. You CAN really see a ballgame now, a visible one, and not only form a Goodyear Blimp POV, but with players you can see well. Cool. Great, great work !!
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #322
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

I dont get off of work till 6PM CST, reading all of this is like dangling a water jug in front of a guy in the desert. :-) Cannot wait to get home and really crank on this game.

Trevor L.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #323
mattkma
Major Leagues

Export to Social Media?

I haven't installed yet - will at 8PM EST tonight. Just curious - is there a way to export box score to social media?
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:16 PM   #324
hqbaseball
Minors (Single A)

Y'ALL!!!!

You can see the MPH of the last pitch on the scoreboard when you go pitch by pitch. I'm in awe!

It's the small things in life...and in OOTP!
hqbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #325
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid24 View Post
I'm watching instead of simming the majority of my games due to the amazing changes to 3D mode. So good!

One small suggestion. I have it set to not pause between plays. Can you speed up the players who strikeout? They currently take a long slow walk to the dugout. It would speed things up a little if they jogged to the dugout.

You know a game is great when small "issues" like this annoy you.

Just click the mouse and it'll jump ready to start the next play
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #326
knight1376
Major Leagues

I just got it today on steam........best baseball game I have ever played,the videos do not show it....its a smooth 10 out of 10......
knight1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #327
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Looks so promising

...but I'm sitting here watching my league (moved forward from 17) of 14 seasons (20 teams with real minors) import and sincerely thinking, "If I ever see the phrase 'Optimizing team transactions table: 113120 records done,' again, I'll surely tear my hair out.

I'm also supremely confident in you guys...you're far and away the best software developers I've ever been exposed to!
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #328
playball
Minors (Single A)

The game was released while I was sleeping. I loaded it up first thing in the morning and quickly played a few innings before work.

The 3D animations are exactly what I've been waiting years for. I know to some it's just eye candy, but it really helps the immersion for me. Thanks for addressing this area, and I look forward to seeing how it progresses over the coming years.

First impressions are very positive, congratulations to all on the OOTP team on this release - the overwhelmingly positive feedback must make it all worth-while for you. This release feels like a very major step forward for OOTP.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #329
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

After an eternally long wait, I finally got to play the Masterpiece today on Steam.

I won't repeat all the positives that others have mentioned. The game's a work of art. We all know that. Instead, I have a question:

Does anyone know how to "scroll back" or "scroll up" on the live play by play text box? I'm finding that when I'm watching the little guys on the field do their thing, I sometimes will miss the play by play and want to go back and read what was said. I click on the arrows and it does not scroll back up (like in previous versions of OOTP). Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #330
KEConway
Minors (Rookie Ball)

just downloaded...downloading my 18 solo game now...will report later
KEConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:47 PM   #331
itsmedave
Bat Boy

Just one word

"WOW"

The 3d stuff is absolutely top notch and adds the icing to a cake that was pretty damn tasty already. I certainly hope this eventually makes its way into FHM as well. Wonderful job
itsmedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #332
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Love the game, so far. This is just incredible work!

Besides the big improvements, I can't believe how much I like the little additions. For example, the statistical notes beneath the batter before each pitch are great! Always wanted something like this. A more full review later but, again, thanks guys. I've been enjoying this hobby (baseball sims) for over 40 years (started with APBA, to Strat, to Pursue the Pennant, to Diamond Mind to OOTP games) and I never thought I see something like this.

Last edited by highandoutside; 03-22-2018 at 06:52 PM.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #333
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Finally fired it up today.

The new interface is top notch, love the tabs! I've been wanting that addition and it's finally there! Everything just looks really good, crisp, clean and using maximum text size on my new 32" monitor is icing on the cake.

Played one game and lost 7-3 to the Mets, love the new 3D guys running around. For some reason the text still doesn't match up all the time with the play, maybe there is some setting I can adjust?

Think I'll also enlarge the players a bit and maybe even go with a bigger baseball to see it a bit better.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #334
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Awesome game! I started with the initial draft and while I was looking at the players I scrolled the mouse wheel down and quickly realized I was on page 8. I seem to recall it scrolling by lines and not pages before, but it's all good. I'll get used to it quickly.
Thanks for a great game!
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #335
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do you guys do it? The game is beautiful, while keeping the core game we all love the same. Every year you guys give us the little things that continue to make this the best baseball simulation ever known to man. Its the best money I spend all year.

I always start a new historical league, starting off in 1871. The first thing I notice is a extra team in the N.L. I'm already excited! Then I notice that 5 of the teams are different and Boston is now in the A.L. I draft my team and play a game. Wow! This is something. This blew all my expectations away and then some. The on the field game play takes OOTP to a all new level and its wonderful. I really don't know how you continue to make OOTP better but you guys always do. Thank you so much! The one option that I'd love to see in the game would be the ability to trade for future draft picks like they do in Football. (Sorry, shameful future game feature plug inserted there) You guys are the best, I'm off to play OOTP 19 for the whole weekend! Best OOTP game ever!
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #336
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothym313 View Post
The one option that I'd love to see in the game would be the ability to trade for future draft picks like they do in Football.
You can toggle draft pick trading on already.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #337
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Never mind - I found it. WOW!! Now I get what everyone has been raving about the past few days. You CAN really see a ballgame now, a visible one, and not only form a Goodyear Blimp POV, but with players you can see well. Cool. Great, great work !!
Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how do you resize it so that you get those cool close up 3D views (similar to MLB THE SHOW) that so many have been posting in the past few days? I can't seem to figure it out.
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #338
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelrunner View Post
Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how do you resize it so that you get those cool close up 3D views (similar to MLB THE SHOW) that so many have been posting in the past few days? I can't seem to figure it out.
To answer your post, I quoted 2 posts from the "post your best camera view thread" below. The first one is about changing the player and ball size. The second one is about camera angles.

I suggest checking that thread out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Go to File/Settings and select 3D & FaceGen. Then change the Player Model Scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Go to your team, then team settings, then in the top right, there is a button that says "Edit Ballpark"
From there, go to 3D Model
Then mess around with the "Y" button and "Z" button (not the ones near the top, but the ones near the bottom)
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #339
Folderol
Major Leagues

Ok, about three weeks into the season with the Mets - I'm 14-13, managing every game. Much like real life, I was screaming every time Robles took the mound. Say hello to Vegas, you dumpster fire.

This game - and I have been playing OOTP for over 15 years - is an embarrassment of riches. It seems the "complaints" - such as they are - will be so nitpicky as to almost not be worth mentioning.

That said, the ONLY complaint I have so far is the animation quirks previously mentioned. Flies and line drives that appear to be easily caught end up..not.

Errors seem to be much better rendered; we have check swings that go either way!!!!!...I do wish passed balls/wild pitches will occasionally end up as an out instead of a guaranteed run/extra base. Also, does the cut-off man ever do anything but hold the ball? He looks like has a chance at the runner but just holds it.

Like I said - nitpicky.

This version is so ridiculously good and rich and dammit, what any true baseball fan and sim player has been waiting DECADES for.

What an accomplishment. I remain a fan.

Last edited by Folderol; 03-22-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #340
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Two things:

1. PLEASE change the outs color to RED on the 3D scoreboard, it doesn't look right being the same color as balls and strikes.

2. Also, on the standings screen when you have leader boards checked, it's nice they have underlines, but they also need to be a different color (yellow/light red come to mind).

Loving the game so far!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote