Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 03-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #21
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork55 View Post
Not seeing any crowds when using these. otherwise they look great.
Do you the park(s) installed directly in the models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder or some other folder?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:16 PM   #22
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Are there files in these folders to be used for Daytime, Nighttime and Diagram Picture?

If so, which are for which?
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #23
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
Are there files in these folders to be used for Daytime, Nighttime and Diagram Picture?

If so, which are for which?
All the v1_4 parks currently available for download have daytime, nighttime 2d pictures and a diagram pictures in addition to showing night and daytime in 3d. The 2d pictures and diagrams are in the folder for that park as well as the .obj for the 3D park, as you can see in this folder for the Angels. I had forgotten to add the 2D pictures in my initial uploads but Silvam fixed that.
Attached Images
Old 03-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #24
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I would also add that I am going through all of my stadiums and setting the correct 2D ball locations for the various pictures. I will also touch up some of the 3D models a little where needed.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #25
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I would also add that I am going through all of my stadiums and setting the correct 2D ball locations for the various pictures. I will also touch up some of the 3D models a little where needed.
If you need any help with anything, let me know.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #26
ecd1973
Major Leagues

I never really got a good answer on this anywhere. How do I use these historical parks in an exhibition game? I'm not sure where the list of stadiums comes from when setting up an exhibition game / series so I'm not sure how to modify those stadiums to change the 3d model / pictures, etc.

Does anyone know?
Old 03-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #27
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
I never really got a good answer on this anywhere. How do I use these historical parks in an exhibition game? I'm not sure where the list of stadiums comes from when setting up an exhibition game / series so I'm not sure how to modify those stadiums to change the 3d model / pictures, etc.

Does anyone know?
You have to select the 3D parks for the 2 teams you are using in an exhibition from edit ballparks/pictures&coordinates then select the team then the 3D model select file then select 3D Model from the menu line just above. You will see the park you selected and how to change views. All of this is in the manual or availabe from help. I don't know what you mean by modifying the stadiums.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:29 PM   #28
Cole
Hall Of Famer

So to get these to work in game, do I simply just go into "Edit ballpark" and find the appropriate .obj file and load it and that's it?

Or do I need to also go and load up the separate day and night photos? (or is that done automically once I load the .obj?)

And do all these files need to be in a specific spot to work long term or can I just keep them in my downloaded folder, load them from within the game and be fine?

Also, do the park factors and fence heights/distances automatically adjust with each park, or are those needed to be changed manually by the user?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #29
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Colle, the historical ballparks mod I constructed is designed to save the user time. Pics, stadium diagrams, and 3D models are assigned automatically. Of course, you can always make a change manually later. But the tedium is avoided.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #30
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Colle, the historical ballparks mod I constructed is designed to save the user time. Pics, stadium diagrams, and 3D models are assigned automatically. Of course, you can always make a change manually later. But the tedium is avoided.
Sorry I should have specified I'm using the fictional ballparks and assigning them to fictional ballparks in a custom league.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:55 AM   #31
Cole
Hall Of Famer

OK the Fictional stadiums I'm loading seem to be working although the part where the crowd should be is just showing up black. Am I missing a step to prevent this ?
Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #32
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
OK the Fictional stadiums I'm loading seem to be working although the part where the crowd should be is just showing up black. Am I missing a step to prevent this ?
Are you using the currents ones that I upload this past Feb.? If you look in the texture folder that is in the park folder there will be a _day image and a _ night image. If they are not in there you don't have the current versions I just checked a couple of mine and they work fine. You don't have to do anything except putting the park(s) folder directly in the Models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder. If you don't have the current ones, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional
Old 03-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #33
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Are you using the currents ones that I upload this past Feb.? If you look in the texture folder that is in the park folder there will be a _day image and a _ night image. If they are not in there you don't have the current versions I just checked a couple of mine and they work fine. You don't have to do anything except putting the park(s) folder directly in the Models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder. If you don't have the current ones, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional
I downloaded them last night from the first post in this thread so I think they are up to date.

Can you clarify what steps I should be taking to import though? I was simply going into "load 3D model" in ballpark edit and then navigating to where I had all the parks saved on my desktop and finding the corresponding .obj file I wanted to use and then loading it. I wasn't moving any files or folders anywhere specific, is that wrong?

Also an additional question ... I'm using the Fictional ballparks ... do they have park factors and correct wall heights/distances attached to them? Or is up to me as the user to look at the photo and then come up with what wall heights/distances/park factors I believe correlate ?

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #34
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I downloaded them last night from the first post in this thread so I think they are up to date.

Can you clarify what steps I should be taking to import though? I was simply going into "load 3D model" in ballpark edit and then navigating to where I had all the parks saved on my desktop and finding the corresponding .obj file I wanted to use and then loading it. I wasn't moving any files or folders anywhere specific, is that wrong?

Also an additional question ... I'm using the Fictional ballparks ... do they have park factors and correct wall heights/distances attached to them? Or is up to me as the user to look at the photo and then come up with what wall heights/distances/park factors I believe correlate ?

Thanks.
Each park folder must be in the Models folder to work correctly, i.e. 3D crowds and day&night backgrounds. The you select the one you want to use in the edit park section. In regard to your additional questions, Silvam made those parks. I just added the backgrounds. I don't use them so I never even looked at those factors.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #35
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Each park folder must be in the Models folder to work correctly, i.e. 3D crowds and day&night backgrounds. The you select the one you want to use in the edit park section. In regard to your additional questions, Silvam made those parks. I just added the backgrounds. I don't use them so I never even looked at those factors.
So I do need to move the stuff to a specific folder.. but do I actually have to load IN GAME more than just the .obj file?

Like do I have to in "Edit Ballpark" go also load the 3D crowd files/day & night backgrounds, etc.. Or does that all import automatically as long as you load the .obj and the files are in the right folder?
Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #36
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Where do the ballpark factors come from...Seamheads.com or ??
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #37
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Is it possible to use these in historical exhibition so they sync correctly with each team? For example, I am playing a home game with the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. I downloaded the 1948-1957 Ebbets Field file and put it into the model folder. When I go to play a game the default still shows up.
Tim28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #38
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim28 View Post
Is it possible to use these in historical exhibition so they sync correctly with each team? For example, I am playing a home game with the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. I downloaded the 1948-1957 Ebbets Field file and put it into the model folder. When I go to play a game the default still shows up.
No automatic sync. You need to go to League settings/edit ballparks then select pictures & coordinates then select the ball park for each team in your league using 3D model select file.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #39
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No automatic sync. You need to go to League settings/edit ballparks then select pictures & coordinates then select the ball park for each team in your league using 3D model select file.
Ok thank you!
Tim28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #40
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Where do the ballpark factors come from...Seamheads.com or ??
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote