Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
guizmo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quality of the game!

hello
What are for you the real difference with FHM2? at the match engine is it realistic?
guizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

There are many more features in FHM 3 compared to FHM 2. And the match engine plus the tactics system is much more sophisticated, there's nothing else on the market that comes remotely close. Read about it here:

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 is now available! The NHL® returns to PC & Mac!

And here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...al-system.html
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
guizmo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

compared to Eastside Hockey Manager, which has a solid match engine, you think really FHM 3 is much better and more boring?
guizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by guizmo View Post
compared to Eastside Hockey Manager, which has a solid match engine, you think really FHM 3 is much better and more boring?
Yes, I think FHM3's match engine is much better than the one in EHM. It is more realistic, has the better stats output and you have much more influence on tactics and strategy.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, I think FHM3's match engine is much better than the one in EHM. It is more realistic, has the better stats output and you have much more influence on tactics and strategy.
I have to agree, since FHM2 I can't see myself picking up EHM again, Match engine here produces better stats (I'd still like to see some attributes to have bigger impact, for example Pass/Shot tendency seems to have very low impact on amount of shots taken by players, but nevertheless stil a lot better imo)
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

FHM3 is a huge step up from FHM2. As an EHM player, I'd also say FHM3 has pulled ahead there, too.

It's not perfect yet, but then OOTP Baseball is on it's 17th version and still making improvements. The team has been very receptive to input and working to add features that make sense.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
FHM3 is a huge step up from FHM2. As an EHM player, I'd also say FHM3 has pulled ahead there, too.

It's not perfect yet, but then OOTP Baseball is on it's 17th version and still making improvements. The team has been very receptive to input and working to add features that make sense.
Well, it is natural to expect that FHM will be better every year and overtake EHM in quality because FHM is serious project, while EHM is, unfortunaetly, only part time Riz's project when he doesn't work on FM.

Last edited by croatian; 10-31-2016 at 02:45 PM.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
Well, it is natural to expect that FHM will be better every year and overtake EHM in quality because FHM is serious project, while EHM is, unfortunaetly, only part time Riz's project when he doesn't work on FM.
What I said about FHM3 doesn't take away at all from EHM. I loved playing EHM. There are things from EHM that I wish FHM had. I have a massive 250 tab spreadsheet from a decade long EHM career game that tracked budgets, projected rosters and player development.

So long as OOTP never sells out to EA, this game will keep getting better.
If they do sell out to EA, well... something about camels, fleas and private body areas....
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:19 PM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
So long as OOTP never sells out to EA, ...
No worries, they won't be able to afford us
Old 10-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #10
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
What I said about FHM3 doesn't take away at all from EHM. I loved playing EHM. There are things from EHM that I wish FHM had. I have a massive 250 tab spreadsheet from a decade long EHM career game that tracked budgets, projected rosters and player development.

So long as OOTP never sells out to EA, this game will keep getting better.
If they do sell out to EA, well... something about camels, fleas and private body areas....
Nothing to take away from me as well Just said that FHM has better potential than EHM because OOTP are serious when it comes to their hockey sim

I agree on EA part
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:53 PM   #11
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
I agree on EA part
I thing everyone agrees on that... me for sure
no way is offline   Reply With Quote