Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM Dynasty Reports

Old 02-19-2015, 11:01 PM   #81
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

As september rolls around here are the tentative starting lineups for the Arizona Coyotes
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #82
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Today is October 1st, 2014. Initially the start of the new NHL season and GM/Coach Wells second year at the helm of the Arizona Coyotes. Wells has plans to use more strategic timing for his goaltenders relying more heavily on Visentin then he ever did on Greiss, also the Coyotes have some very good young talent that they hope one days grows into a solid young team for the Coyotes.

October 3, 2014
The Coyotes are on the run to open up the new NHL season, visiting the Minnesota Wild. Projections early on see the Coyotes as having the edge on the Wild simply because of their new depth with added rookies Domi and Gormley.
The stars to watch out for on the Minnesota team are Parise, Koivu and Suter. Beyond those guys GM Wells believes the Coyotes can handle anything thrown at them.
The first period sees the Coyotes defence come out strong holding the Wild to no shots on net until the 10 minute mark of the first period. Unfortunately for the Coyotes they were unable to convert on the two PP opportunities and will go down into the second intermission because of a LaRose goal at 14:12. The Coyotes end up getting only 2 shots after the 10 minute mark and also head into the break trailing the Wild in shot totals 8-7.
The second periods sees a new hero on the Arizona bench... the post! as five Minnesota shots ring off of it and this game would be a completely different story without it there. The Coyotes offence and defence look like they are still in the offseason as they muster up no game whatsoever for the Coyotes and see a pitiful 5 shots on net while giving up 16 of there own. The Coyotes are lucky to be going into the break down 3-0 to a team that could be destroying them.
The third period is one that the Coyotes can be proud about as they finally showed they have some heart getting good on defence and showing life on offence. The Coyotes were also hit with the post bug as Lauri Korpikoski put one off of the post early into the period. The fun didn't stop there for the Coyotes however they outworked the Wild and ended up outshooting them 11-6. GM Wells said after the game that "I want each and ever game to be like the 3rd period was for the boys tonight. We worked really hard and we showed resilience in that period, take away the second period and this is a completely different hockey game!" The Coyotes were able to get on the board from a Michael Stone point shot assisted by OEL and Mike Ribeiro.
The Coyotes can come away with a few good points from this game, they did out shot block, out face-off win, take away, hit and finished the game with less turnovers. On paper the Coyotes look like a team that should have won the game if it wasn't for the terrible mishaps in the second period.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #83
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Domi centering Virtanen and Yakupov is going to be an absolutely disgusting top line in 2 or 3 years. I hope you can unload some of those 3rd rounders to move up in the draft or bring in a veteran LW.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #84
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanSobie View Post
Domi centering Virtanen and Yakupov is going to be an absolutely disgusting top line in 2 or 3 years. I hope you can unload some of those 3rd rounders to move up in the draft or bring in a veteran LW.
That is most likely the dream haha and ya the draft picks wills most likely be shipped around at the NHL deadline to get 1-2 more first round picks. This year and the next few after it are the rebuild years and I want the most from my guys and get the best picks possible. I doubt I'll be lucky enough to go and get someone like McDavid (but God can you imagine if I did!) But I am looking to bring in some more RW talent in the future, the minors have decent LW potential for the team.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #85
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

October 4th, 2014

Tonight is the second game of the season for the Arizona Coyotes as they take on the Colorado Avalanche (0-1-0). The Avalanche are very weak in the LW position with both David Broll and Maxime Talbot out with injury, and the Coyotes will try and take advantage of that. A lineup change has occurred for the Coyotes as Rookie Henrik Samuelsson will make his NHL debut in the absence of Captain Shane Doan who is out for the next few days (3) with a Minor Neck Laceration. Shane Doan was unfortunately hurt very early in Last nights game in Minnesota only logging 1:20 on ice. Mark Visentin will also be making his first appearance of the season as this is the Coyotes second game in two days.
The first period sees the Coyotes have control of the puck and be in control of the game for most of the period however a early goal by Colorado (A. Agozzino 6:40) sees the Coyotes down early. It doesnt take the Coyotes long as a PP goal (K. Yandle 9:54) gets the Coyotes back even. The Coyotes continue to control the game after the PP goal but on their third PP of the period they give up a SH goal (A. Aggozzino 17:58) to go to the intermission down 2-1.
The Second period starts out with the Avalanche almost completely taking control of the game and get a third goal in the game (A. Tanguay 8:50). The Coyotes coach Dean Wells at one point about 10 minutes into the second almost decides to pull young tender Mark Visentin as he rocked a .700 Save Percentage letting in 3 goals on only 10 shots. Before Coach can make that decision the Coyotes get another PP goal (B. Gormley 15:24). That is all the Coyotes can do in the second period as they go into the period down 3-2 to the Avalanche.
The third period was dominated by the Coyotes for the first 5 minutes and more surprising Rookie Max Domi who has an amazing first shift getting not only his first ever NHL goal (1:36) but also his second (1:50)! Unfortunately the Coyotes are not able to hold off the offence of the Avalanche as they tie the game up before the 10 minute mark (A. Tanguay 8:20). After the Tanguay goal recently resigned RW Nail Yakupov tries his best to get the Coyotes back into the lead but hits the post not once but twice! Young tender Mark Visentin is able to stand up under the pressure that the Avalanche bring on him in the last few minutes of the game and Arizona and Colorado are heading to OT!
The OT period starts and ends with the Avalanche completely owning the Coyotes as they put up 2 shots on net but ring 2 more off the posts! Mike Ribeiro does not make it any easier for the Coyotes in the OT by taking a tripping penalty with less then 2 minutes to go. But Visentin and the defence hold strong and the Coyotes take the game to a shootout.
In the Shootout Mike Ribeiro makes up for his terrible penalty in the third by getting the Coyotes off to a great start netting it past Varlamov. For the Avalanche Tanguay starts out the shooting (already with two goals on the night) but is unable to get it past Visentin letting the Coyotes take the 1-0 lead. The second round sees the Coyotes send up defensemen Keith Yandle who makes an amazing deke as he also slides one by Varlamov which puts the coyotes up 2-0 and puts tons of pressure on the Avalanches next shooter Andrei Markov. Andrei comes in on Visentin and tries to out wait the young net minder but to no advantage as he puts the puck right into the pads and the Coyotes get the Shootout win 2-0 and finish the game with a 5-4 victory!
Coach Wells after the game in the press conference had this to say about the young Max Domi amazing third period. “This is a special kid, one that will have not only a long future in Arizona but also in the NHL. He does so much for this team from winning FO (Max won 72.7% on the night) to being able to put the puck in the net and get others to do it. It is great to see him get his first AND second goal of his career so fast, not the last two goal night to come from him that is for sure.”
Max Domi finished the night with 2 points in under 12 minutes of play but shows the Coyotes that he is an asset that they should be using more, possibly on the PP. Henrik Samuelsson finished the game with a -1 but says he enjoyed the time he got on the PP and ES and learned a lot about the NHL game already.

NOTES
  • Mark Visentin ends the game with the W on only a .875 save %
  • The Coyotes go 2 for 5 (40%) on the PP and kill off the only penalty taken (M. Ribeiro in OT)
  • Three players get two goals (Max Domi [ARZ], Alex Tanguay [COL], and Andrew Agozzino [COL])
  • Coloardos' LD Jan Hejda finishes the game with 4 assists and the most points out of any player
Old 02-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #86
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Questions for the audience!

Hey readers,
so I am not sure how many of you have read the entire series or at least most of it but I would like to know what you guys would like me to do.
I recently changed up my writing style to more of a longer writing which is about a single page long in any word documentation. What I would like to know is if you guys would rather me write these longer more in-depth game summaries and not post the end game stats, or the shorter ones and post the end game stats.
If I don't post the end game stats (in picture form like I have in the past) what I would most likely do is end up going back and making master posts for people to see online so that I do not have to link each and everyone here on the post.
The reason I want to change is that it is much easier for me to just post the entire month at the end online in a large grouping then all of them on the forum after each game.
Please let me know what you think and enjoy the rebuild!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #87
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

October 7, 2014

Tonight sees the Arizona Coyotes get their home opener against the Philadelphia Flyers (0-1-0) who is coming off of 4-2 season opener loss to the LA Kings.
Good news for the Coyotes as they get 2nd line RW and Captain of the team Shane Doan back, sending rookie Henrik Samuelsson back down to the AHL Portland Pirates. The Coyotes are again seeing a beat up team in the Flyers as they are missing their Captain Chris Pronger and veteran LW Vincent Lecavalier. The Coyotes will use this to their advantage while facing this very strong and rested Flyer team. Coach Wells has told the media that he is excited to see his boys come out and fight again in another game and that people should be expecting to see the Coyotes come out with a bit of fire in their step tonight at home.
The first period sees a very defensive game to start and a very slow start for the Coyotes who are unable to put up a shot until 10:20 into the game. However tender Mike Smith holds the team in there against the Flyers squad who gets off a total of 10 shots to end the period. The Coyotes killed their first penalty of the game and also got two really good scoring opportunities on their own PP but neither team was able to come away with a goal and the score is still tied at 0-0. The Coyotes will start the second period on the PP with over 1:30 remaining in that penalty.
The second period starts out at a much faster pace then the first, something that Coach Wells seems very pleased out on the bench. The Flyers finish off killing the penalty they started the period with and shortly after going to 5 on 5 hockey get lucky as a Max Domi shot rings off the post, leading to a rush the sees the Flyers net the first goal of the game (S. Couturier 3:06). That is not long lived as the Coyotes come back firing hard in the fifth minute of playing as Cal Heeter has trouble handling a David Moss shot and the rebound goes out and the Coyotes get a nice wide open tap in to get the game tied up (M. Domi 5:34). The Coyotes do not stop there and 30 seconds later add a second goal to go up 2-1(L. Lessio 6:04). The teams start to tighten up defensively after the short volley of shots and when the Coyotes are given the chance on the PP they get their third past Cal Heeter (M. Hanzal 9:46). The Coyotes end up dominating the Flyers in the second period holding them to 8 shots and getting 14 shots on net themselves. The Coyotes take the 3-1 lead into the second intermission and look to keep up the solid play.
The third period sees the Flyers and Coyotes exchange shots at each other in a back and forth third period that sees neither team gaining the advantage until a break at the 5:50 that sees an amazing play by Rundblad and Ribeiro that sets up the Arizona goal (R. Klinkhammer 6:00) to take the 4-1 lead. Mike Smith then is tough in goal for the Coyotes and turns away the 10 shots he faces, and gets lucky on the last minute hit post, and the Coyotes finish this game off with the win at home!
After the game Coach Wells speaks to the media and had this to say about the game, "We came out very flat in that first period and we have to thank Mike for standing on his head in the first 20 minutes, but after that little hiccup I feel like we stepped up our game and just clicked all together and really won this one as a team." When he was asked about another great night from rookie Max Domi his reply was simple, "Kid has got skills, he has 4 points now in the last two games and he is starting to get his line mates going as well. This is a great thin to see and I couldn't be happier for the kid."

Notes
  • Mike Smith ended the game stopping 27 of 28 shots and finished with a .964 SV%
  • No Coyote player finished the game with a +/- in the negatives
  • Young Lucas Lessio finished the game with 1 goal and 2 assists to get him the top point totals in this game
  • The Coyotes went 1 for 3 on the PP (33%) and killed off their only penalty for the second straight game in a row
  • Cal Heeter is the Flyers backup tender, who was called up last year from their AHL team

Last edited by deanwells1234; 02-20-2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Added to the Notes section
Old 02-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #88
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
Hey readers,
so I am not sure how many of you have read the entire series or at least most of it but I would like to know what you guys would like me to do.
I recently changed up my writing style to more of a longer writing which is about a single page long in any word documentation. What I would like to know is if you guys would rather me write these longer more in-depth game summaries and not post the end game stats, or the shorter ones and post the end game stats.
If I don't post the end game stats (in picture form like I have in the past) what I would most likely do is end up going back and making master posts for people to see online so that I do not have to link each and everyone here on the post.
The reason I want to change is that it is much easier for me to just post the entire month at the end online in a large grouping then all of them on the forum after each game.
Please let me know what you think and enjoy the rebuild!
Talk about timing! I just posted on my Dynasty that I'm considering changing to a jpg pix of the games screen of the non-Panther games thus simulating what you have been doing with the Yotes games... My reasoning is by using word and the .jpg pix I can eliminate (or highlight) the stats typing text. and hopefully shorten the hours spent at the keyboard. So I'm actually heading where you are, just as you head away from it!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #89
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Talk about timing! I just posted on my Dynasty that I'm considering changing to a jpg pix of the games screen of the non-Panther games thus simulating what you have been doing with the Yotes games... My reasoning is by using word and the .jpg pix I can eliminate (or highlight) the stats typing text. and hopefully shorten the hours spent at the keyboard. So I'm actually heading where you are, just as you head away from it!
That is great! I think that will work really good for your dynasty, I personally never cared to add in what other teams are doing and such as I dont know how much people really care about those things... maybe I should start?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #90
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
That is great! I think that will work really good for your dynasty, I personally never cared to add in what other teams are doing and such as I dont know how much people really care about those things... maybe I should start?
I'd do what makes you happy - I love to see some of the rivalry games and penalty filled games and it inspires me... also by keeping track I get a feel of players/teams that are red - hot (Chi - Patrick Kane, Mtl - Max Pacioretty) and good defensive teams (Rangers, Hurricanes)... So it does serve an advance scouting purpose as well as immersive enjoyment for me.

But overall even though I crave the input from others, I know I have to do what makes me happy or I will lose interest and another dynasty will bite the dust... Which is what I'm afraid of when OOTP 16 comes out!!!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #91
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I'd do what makes you happy - I love to see some of the rivalry games and penalty filled games and it inspires me... also by keeping track I get a feel of players/teams that are red - hot (Chi - Patrick Kane, Mtl - Max Pacioretty) and good defensive teams (Rangers, Hurricanes)... So it does serve an advance scouting purpose as well as immersive enjoyment for me.

But overall even though I crave the input from others, I know I have to do what makes me happy or I will lose interest and another dynasty will bite the dust... Which is what I'm afraid of when OOTP 16 comes out!!!
Ya I tend to do what makes me happy I do want to see more of what is happening in the season and stuff so I have slowed down my game a lot looking around the league more and stuff. I definitely have already gone through a week where I haven't even thought about playing FHM, but that is more because of getting upset with the game engine and some of its crazy things. But with Domi on the lineup I dont know if I am going to get that way for a while also I dont have the problem with OOTP 16 as I am not really a baseball fan
Old 02-21-2015, 02:31 AM   #92
Chorc
Minors (Single A)

Liking this

Picking Virtanen 3rd is a good choice.
Chorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:14 AM   #93
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

October 9th, 2014

Tonight the Arizona Coyotes take on the Buffalo Sabres (1-0-1) at home for the second and last time before heading out on a 4 game road trip that will take them down through Florida. Due to the high success of the Coyotes third line [L. Lessio (1-3), M. Domi (3-1), D. Moss (0-1)] many suspect the third line to start to get more minutes, as well rookie M. Domi will start to see some PP time centring the second 5 on 4 and 5 on 3 PP units along side line mate L. Lessio and S. Doan (C). The Buffalo Sabres will be without young RW Alex Chiasson in tonights game as he is out with shoulder soreness.
The Buffalo Sabres projected lines are as such:
T. Vanek (8.0a) – H. Sedin (8.0a) – R. Vrbata (7.5a)
M. Foligno (7.5a) – C. Hodgson (8.0a) – D. Stafford (7.5a)
J. Zucker (6.5c) – T. Ennis (7.5a) – Z. Girgensons (7.0c)
B. Brassart (6.5a) – M. Grigorenko (7.5b) – M. Nieto (7.0a)
T. Myers (8.0b) – C. Ehrhoff (8.0a)
W. Mitchell (6.5a) – R. Ristolainen (6.5b)
R. Wilson (6.5b) – C. Ruhwedel (6.5a)
R. Miller (8.0a)
M. Hutchinson (6.0a)
The Coyotes line up as such:
R. Klinkhammer (6.5a) – M. Ribeiro (7.5a) – N. Yakupov (7.5a)
M. Boedker (7.5a) – M. Hanzal (7.5a) – S. Doan (7.0a)
L. Lessio (6.5a) – M. Domi (7.0a) – D. Moss (7.0a)
L. Korpikoski (6.5a) – K. Chipchura (6.5a) – P. Bissonnette (7.0a)
O. Ekman Larsson (8.5a) – K. Yandle (8.0a)
M. Stone (7.5a) – D. Rundblad (6.5a)
B. Gormley (7.5a) – Z. Michalek (7.0a)
M. Smith (8.0a)
M. Visentin (6.0a)

In what could only be described as a very evenly matched game the Coyotes and Sabres played each other very well and even. Neither team really took any momentum which is lucky for the Sabres as M. Hanzal could have for the Coyotes after ringing a puck off of the post just two minutes into the game. After the rattling of the post it is the Sabres who get on the board first off of a J. Zucker goal at 8:14. The 1-0 lead is short lived however as young Coyote stud O. Ekman Larsson nets one on R. Miller at 12:28 off of the face off one timer. The rest of the period is very even between both teams but it is the Coyotes who get the break when rookie M. Domi is located in the perfect place to get the weird bouncing puck off of the missed shot by D. Moss and net his fourth goal of the season at 18:58. Buffalo has successful killed off two penalties this period and will be starting the second period down a man with 1:54 left in that PP. Overall the teams are evenly matched but the Coyotes are the ones going away with the 2-1 lead into the first intermission.
The second period is the tale of two halves as the Coyotes absolutely dominated the first 10:30 seconds of play forcing the Sabres to try and kill of 3 penalties, of which they only were able to kill off 1, and outshooting the Sabres 9-1 with the first second period shot coming at the 10:30 second mark! The Coyotes were able to get contribution from its second PP line with goals from M. Domi at 6:44 his second of the game and from S. Doan (C) at 9:54. After being dominated for the first half of the game the Sabres switched the switch and dominated the Coyotes for the next five minutes which saw them erase the 4-1 lead and bring the game to a 4-3 game with goals from R. Ristolainen at 11:18 and M. Grigorenko at 14:36. However at the end of the period the Coyotes were able to retake control of the game and end the period getting the last 4 of 5 shots.
The third period is an emotional one for all the Coyotes fans out there as it starts with a B. Brassart goal just :34 into the periods start on a shot the caught M. Smith completely off guard and looks like he never even saw the shot coming. The Sabres continue to pummel the Coyotes for the next 11 minutes and it sees them take the lead on the first PP of the game for them when C. Hodgens gets one in at 5:40. The Coyotes never give up however and almost get one in at the 12 minute mark as O. Ekman Larsson and K. Yandle both put shots off the posts less then 30 seconds apart! But R. Miller is lucky and gets away with highway robbery. The Coyotes are given a lucky break again as the hockey gods do everything they can to help out the Sabres as the Coyotes finish off the game on the PP and are unable to even get a shot on goal! They lose this one 5-4 to the Buffalo Sabres and are now 2-2-0 on the season.
Here is what Coach Wells had to say about the third period , “Well the wheels just feel off, not much more to say about it. This isn't the same Buffalo team that finished 11th in the East last year. This is a playoff bound team that reworked itself really quick over the offseason. Got to give it to them they fought hard and have the resilience to come back from a 4-1 deficit.”

Notes
  • Max Domi keeps on his very hot streak getting finishing the night with three points (2-1) and his second two goal game in his short NHL career
  • Lucas Lessio is still hot just like Domi getting two assists to take his point total to 6 in just 4 games this season
  • The Sabres and Coyotes both went 33% on the PP with Buffalo going 1-3 and Coyotes going 2-6
  • The Sabres held the Coyotes to just 4 shots in the third period which helped them with the comeback
  • The Sabres finish the last 30 minutes of the game outshooting the Coyotes 23-10
Old 02-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #94
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

October 11th, 2014
News has surfaced within the Coyotes organization of a trade with the Detroit Red Wings (3-0-0) who were looking to fill up a poor centre core. The Coyotes have sent AHL C Chris Brown (6.0a/6.5a) and QMJHL prospect C Laurent Dauphin (6.0a/6.5a) in exchange for OHL prospect G Jake Paterson (4.0a/4.5a) and the Red Wings 2015 second round draft pick. GM Wells had this to say about the trade, “We here at the Coyotes organization would like to thank Chris Brown and Laurent Dauphin for all they have done in the organization and wish them the best in the future. However we felt that it was in the Coyotes best interest to plan ahead and look to advance our team this year through the draft”
Besides the news of the trade the Coyotes are also busy tonight with a road game that sees them Columbus, Ohio to take on the Blue Jackets (4-0-0). The Jackets have sustained some very critical injuries so far this season but it hasn't stopped their great play.
The Blue Jackets projected lineup:
O. Moller (8.0d) – A. Anisimov (7.5a) – C. Atkinson (7.5c)
B Jenner (7.0b) – L Draisaitl (5.5a) – N Horton (8.0b)
R Umberger (7.5a) – N Foligno (7.5b) – M Letestu (6.5b)
A Wennberg (7.0e) – M Calvert (6.5b) – I Audy-Marchessau (6.5b)
F Tyutin (8.0b) – J Wisniewski (8.0b)
J Johnson (8.0a) – D Savard (6.5a)
R Murray (7.5a) – A Madaisky (5.5b)
S Bobrovsky (8.5a)
B Elliott (7.0a)
Scratched players:
[RD]S. Robidas (7.5a) – [C] B. Dubinsky (7.5a) – [C] R. Johansen (8.5b)
M. Boedker (7.5a) – M. Ribeiro (7.5a) – N. Yakupov (7.5a)
L. Korpikoski (6.5a) – M. Hanzal (7.5a) – S. Doan (7.0a)
R. Klinkhammer (6.5a) – K. Chipchura (6.5a) – P. Bissonnette (7.0a)
M. Smith (8.0a)
M. Visentin (6.0a)
The Coyotes make a small Lineup change sending M. Boedker up to the first line LW and L. Korpikoski up to the second line LW while R. Klinkhammer is sent down to the fourth line LW after not producing on the first.
The first period is a defensive battle as neither teams are able to get a shot on goal for the first six minutes of play. It is Columbus' A. Anisimov who gets the first shot of the game on the PP and he also comes away with the first goal, as M. Smith misplays the first shot of the game at 6:12. The first period sees M. Smith bounce back after the early mishap and stop all 8 shots he faced after that moment in the first. The Coyotes on the other hand seem to be a little off as they only get 5 shots on net but could have been way more as they miss 7 total shots that period, that compared to the two missed shots by Columbus. Luckily for the Coyotes they head into the first intermission only down 1-0 and have a great chance to come back in this one.
The first minute of the second sees both teams coming out hot as each ring a shot off the post but after that the Blue Jackets take complete control of the game more then doubling the Coyotes in shots 13-6! M. Smith tries his best to keep the Coyotes in the game but goals from N. Foligno at 11:44 and a PP goal from N. Horton at 15:38 sees the Coyotes go down 3-0. On the other end of the ice Blue Jackets backup tender B. Elliott has stopped all 11 shots he has faced while M. Smith has stopped 19 of 22.
The third period sees more of the same from the Coyotes as they let the Blue Jackets run over then on both ends of the ice netting their fourth goal at 5:38 on a A. Anisimov shot, which led to the goaltender change with M. Visentin coming in for M. Smith. The Coyotes start to get shots on net but all are turned away by B. Elliott who stops all 21 shots faced and earns him the SO and the W.

Notes
  • The Coyotes had a total of 13 missed shots in the entire game, which could have lead to at least one goal scoring opportunity.
  • The Coyotes go 0/3 on the PP with the Jackets going 2/3
  • The Jackets dominated on both ends of the ice even with a hurt and injured top two centres missing and talents defensemen
Old 02-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #95
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

October 13th, 2014
Tonight the Coyotes head to Tampa to take on the Lightning (3-1-1) and look to bounce back after their bad game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Lightning have young forward stud J. Drouin out of the lineup with a bone bruise in his wrist looking to be out another 2 weeks. The Lightning will look to tend with the very talented S. Stamkos who has been off to a slow start to the season only netting 1 point in the first 5 games of the season.
The Blue Jackets projected lineup:
C Kreider (7.5a/7.5a) - S Stamkos[A] (10.5b/10.5b) - N Kucherov (6.5b/8.0b)
R Malone (6.5c/6.5c) - D Legwand (7.5a/7.5a) - T Purcell (7.5b/7.5b)
A Killorn (7.5b/7.5b) - V Flippula (7.5a/7.5a) - J Brown (6.5a/6.5a)
B MacLean (7.0a/7.0a) - T Johnson (7.5a/7.5a) - C Paquette (5.5b/6.5b)
V Hedman (8.5b/9.0b) - M Staal (8.0a/8.0a)
S Koekkoek (6.0b/7.5b) - E Brewer (7.5b/7.5b)
M Ohlund (7.0b/7.0b) - M Carle [A] (7.0a/7.0a)
B Bishop (8.0a/8.0a)
O Pavelec (7.5a/7.5a)

M. Boedker (7.5a) – M. Ribeiro (7.5a) – N. Yakupov (7.5a)
L. Korpikoski (6.5a) – M. Hanzal (7.5a) – S. Doan (7.0a)
R. Klinkhammer (6.5a) – K. Chipchura (6.5a) – P. Bissonnette (7.0a)
M. Smith (8.0a)
M. Visentin (6.0a)

The first period is a complete domination by the Coyotes and M. Smith as they get out to a quick lead on a M. Boedker goal on the third shot of the game at 4:16. For the rest of the game the Coyotes dominate on the side of face offs but do give up 5 shots on the first PK of the game but M. Smith stands strong in the net and leads the Coyotes to a 2-0 lead to go into the second period after a M. Hanzal late period goal at 18:56.
The second period sees the Coyotes and Lightning play a very even period with the Lightning getting closer in the face off stats as well as tie up the game 2-2 off of goals by C. Paquette at 3:44 and J.T. Brown at 14:26. The Coyotes killed off their second penalty of the game only giving up 1 shot to the Lightning. Both teams go into the third period tied up at two and it is a brand new game.
The third period sees the Coyotes and kill off another two penalties, giving up 2 shots on net during those four minutes. It does not take long however in the Third for the Lightning to get ahead with a N. Kucherov goal at 5:16. The Coyotes fight hard and D. Moss sends one off the post with less then 6:51 remaining, which doesn't swing the momentum any better as N. Kucherov netted his second of the period at the 15:00 mark. The Lightning go away from this game with the 4-2 win and the Coyotes drop the fourth game in the short season already.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #96
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Hey everyone! So I got an update coming tonight (no pictures) but the Coyotes finished the second season (missed playoffs by 6 points) finished 9th in the West. But was a very tough year. Draft tonight!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #97
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Hey guys, so after another year where the team was terrible, goalies were ****, and overall the games seemed sack I am calling off this dynasty. I'll still probably play in my spare time but until the match engine comes out. No more dynasty as I'm sick and tires of getting blown out and having no consistency or control over the team and its play style