Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Do you ever "unretire" a fighter for a comeback?

I was curious if anyone ever brings a fighter out of retirement for a comeback. If so, do you make any ratings adjustments based on his "End" ratings?
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
hamed

I do on occasion when a fighter comes out of retirement in real life. I read Ezra Sellers fought last night after being retired for 3 years. I don't make adjustments like "End" of career in his case because I think he was rated a 5 or 6 anyway so not a top contender even in his prime.
hamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

I allow comebacks often. When I do, I don't adjust anything and they must comeback and fight at the "end" stage. Depending on how good they were before, they may have a few good fights in them, but you have to be careful or they will get clocked easily.

Often my comebacks are for Title Shots only. Usually I'll let a former champ have one more shot at glory. I actually had one come back and win the unified title (all three of my World Titles)! Then I let him go back into retirement, vacating all the belts. I know it's silly, but hey I thought it was a great storyline that made him more of a legend.

Just my little world though...
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
I have random retirements at the end of every year. Those fighters (if they had a winning record) have a random chance to comeback at the end of the next two years. If they were prime at the time of the retirement they have a 50/50 chance of coming back at prime. If they were post prime the stay there. If they were end or just retired naturally they don't comeback.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
Jim_Kidd
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Can View Post
I allow comebacks often. When I do, I don't adjust anything and they must comeback and fight at the "end" stage. Depending on how good they were before, they may have a few good fights in them, but you have to be careful or they will get clocked easily.

Often my comebacks are for Title Shots only. Usually I'll let a former champ have one more shot at glory. I actually had one come back and win the unified title (all three of my World Titles)! Then I let him go back into retirement, vacating all the belts. I know it's silly, but hey I thought it was a great storyline that made him more of a legend.

Just my little world though...
Who was that fighter who came back for the one more shot at glory? Just curious. I've done that a few times myself. Gene Tunney did it in my universe a long, long time ago.
Jim_Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 AM   #6
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

My uni is combined with many fictional fighters. The fighter that I brought back was a fictional fighter named Randy Vacario. His final record was 63-6-1. He had previously been a four time World champ for me.

At the time all three of my world belts were unified and held by a very low rated champion (South African Thoiba Xhoma - with a "2" overall rating!) who won the titles by a fluke.

As I said before, I don't change fighters when they "comeback". Vacario was at the "end" stage. I was sure he COULD defeat the fly by night champ, but I really wasn't sure he WOULD. You never know, especially when a fighter is at the "end" stage.

It made for great fun in my uni to have him comeback and win all three titles and retire leaving them all vacant. AAAHHHH I love this game!
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote