Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #621
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Not 100% but wasnt one overturned in the Arizona game but still think the coaches are around 6% in overturning calls.

On another note, do the NFL target certain players fine wise, reason I ask is Beckham was fined for wearing his pants too short, now I know it's too soon to know but at least 3 Bengals players are doing the same, be interesting to see if their fined.
I'm not sure the NFL publicizes fines like that. Not sure. So it maybe only the name guys are mentioned in the media. I think the NFL usually just sends them a letter and then docks their checks.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #622
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I'm not sure the NFL publicizes fines like that. Not sure. So it maybe only the name guys are mentioned in the media. I think the NFL usually just sends them a letter and then docks their checks.
Going of a site called spotrac but no idea how reliable they are, I know they have Beckham fined $14,000+ for uniform violation which I'm thinking was the pants issue as Beckham posted the letter.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #623
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

So yeah the talk of Carolina trading Newton is a complete joke. If he's healthy he should play, if he's not then no one is trading for him anyway. Allen is atrociously bad.

So is Rivera. Begone you piece of ****. He brings as much excitement to a team as Marvin Lewis.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:51 PM   #624
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I am a fan of the theory that the other NFC south teams tanked so that the falcons would keep quinn and not be able to draft chase young. Saints are locked into the playoffs and Carolina was obviously going nowhere.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:21 AM   #625
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So we all know it has been established that PI has to be super obvious for it to be reversed. But how super does obvious need to be?
Not obvious at all at full speed. The ball is there a split second after contact. They are never overturning that.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #626
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

split second? he is being tackled before the ball has even shown up

Old 11-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #627
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
It's misguided, but I'll try to explain.

There are many people that think Mason started it. He was retaliating after Myles took him down by trying to rip his helmet off first. He also pushed off against Myles groin area after the fact. He then went after Garrett after they both got up. They think Garrett is responsible for the altercation.

To be clear, I don't think Mason should be suspended. But there are people out there that think "if he didn't do this, then he wouldn't have done that" kind of mentality. It doesn't work that way. You're responsible for your own actions, not someone else's. You can't punish someone based on what they did because of what you did. That's chaos.

Punish Mason as if Myles didn't swing the helmet. What would he get? Nothing.
I don't think he should be suspended but I do think he had a hand in the escalation of the fracas. Garret's tackle of Rudolph, I believe, was flag-worthy, roughing the passer (late hit, tackled him to the ground after the late hit), even though it was not called. I think Rudolph felt the same and acted out in frustration/anger by taking hold of Garrett's helmet and yanking it around (I didn't notice any groin-shots). If I were Garrett, that would've made me upset. I believe Rudolph's helmet yanking is what set Garrett off. Garrett then went off the deep end. It's the whole "The guy who shoves first tends to not get flagged. The one who shoves back does" type of thing.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 11-18-2019 at 11:41 AM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #628
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I don't think he should be suspended but I do think he had a hand in the escalation of the fracas. Garret's tackle of Rudolph, I believe, was flag-worthy, roughing the passer (late hit, tackled him to the ground after the late hit), even though it was not called. I think Rudolph felt the same and acted out in frustration/anger by taking hold of Garrett's helmet and yanking it around (I didn't notice any groin-shots). If I were Garrett, that would've made me upset. I believe Rudolph's helmet yanking is what set Garrett off. Garrett then went off the deep end. It's the whole "The guy who shoves first tends to not get flagged. The one who shoves back does" type of thing.
You see that type of late hit and rustling on the ground all the time. Normally it's just off-setting 15 yard penalties if it gets called at all and no one remembers it happened.

What you do not see all the time is a guy swinging a helmet at someones head. That's a lot more extreme than shoving and shoving back.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #629
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
At this point, I think the result of every PI review should have the Celebrity Deathmatch ref announce the decision on each stadium's Jumbotron.

4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #630
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

[Deleted]

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-18-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Avoiding a controversial subject.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #631
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

[Deleted]

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-18-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Avoiding a controversial subject.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #632
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

And this is why I don't get into the Kap discussion unless it is solely about football.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #633
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And this is why I don't get into the Kap discussion unless it is solely about football.
You're right, CM. I have withdrawn what I said even though it did not really involve his beliefs and actions. I was looking at it from an organizational, human resources aspect but the situation is too highly charged for that. As you may have seen before I deleted the posts, I had second thoughts about even raising the subject. Thanks for the heads up.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-18-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:03 PM   #634
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
One thing first. It was not a late hit by any stretch of the imagination. You get one step and Garrett was well within that. What he did do is throw him to the ground in a way that could draw a flag.

That out of the way, yes, I agree with you. But people are trying to use what you just said as a reason to suspend Mason because what it led Garrett to do. It doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
You're right, CM. I have withdrawn what I said even though it did not really involve his beliefs and actions. I was looking at it from an organizational, human resources aspect but the situation is too highly charged for that. As you may have seen before I deleted the posts, I had second thoughts about even raising the subject. Thanks for the heads up.
Don't be shy, just go post your thought in the OTD section. I missed the post you deleted.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #635
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
One thing first. It was not a late hit by any stretch of the imagination. You get one step and Garrett was well within that. What he did do is throw him to the ground in a way that could draw a flag.

That out of the way, yes, I agree with you. But people are trying to use what you just said as a reason to suspend Mason because what it led Garrett to do. It doesn't work that way.

Don't be shy, just go post your thought in the OTD section. I missed the post you deleted.
You're right on the one step. I thought I remembered him being further away. It was the bringing him to the ground that I remembered most. I agree that Rudolph should not have been suspended.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:02 PM   #636
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Rivera & Hurney.........the clock is ticking.........
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-19-2019, 01:43 AM   #637
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LOL a still shot. Your image is at the 18 second mark. The ball is there and just about passes at the 19 second mark and it's in slow motion!

So yeah, what you essentially did was show a still shot a fraction of a second before the ball got there.

From what I understand it has to be obvious at real speed. They don't do still shots on replay with regards to PI calls.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #638
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rivera & Hurney.........the clock is ticking.........
This is years too late.

I was overjoyed when gettleman was finally fired, then they hired literally the only person who is worse.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #639
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is years too late.

I was overjoyed when gettleman was finally fired, then they hired literally the only person who is worse.
Hurney is better simply because he isn't an anal jerk.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #640
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Remember a few months ago when I was arguing Gettleman's a good GM? I don't think he has enough DTs yet, so Giants fans can look forward to the team drafting Derrick Brown and getting Damon Harrison back.

Also I wholeheartedly believe the NFL is making an intentional mess of the whole reviewable PI thing so that they can say 'see, it failed' and scrap it after one year.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote