Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Rule 5 players

I drafted a player in the rule five draft. After keeping him on my roster for the full year, I went to demote him in the second year and was told that he had to remain on the roster for the whole year. What gives? I already kept him on the roster for a full year.
ewank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Was he on the DL for a large portion of the year? Players need to be on the active roster for 90 days or else they retain rule 5 status going into the next year. Under the contract page you should be able to see how much time they have left if he falls under that case.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
Salmon
Minors (Single A)

Rule 5 eligibility is being incorrectly calculated. I have 1 player who is 20 years old with 2 years experience who is Rule 5 eligible already and no matter how I edit his experience he is still eligible. I have other players who signed at 19-20 have three years experience and are Rule 5 eligible.
MLB's Rule 5 states-player signs at age 18 or younger they have to play at least 5 years to be eligible. Player is 19 or older have at least 4 years experience to be eligible.
Please fix this, I have been playing the same league for 12 years (since 2008) and can't continue until this is corrected.
Thanks
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Rule 5 eligibility is being incorrectly calculated. I have 1 player who is 20 years old with 2 years experience who is Rule 5 eligible already and no matter how I edit his experience he is still eligible. I have other players who signed at 19-20 have three years experience and are Rule 5 eligible.
MLB's Rule 5 states-player signs at age 18 or younger they have to play at least 5 years to be eligible. Player is 19 or older have at least 4 years experience to be eligible.
Please fix this, I have been playing the same league for 12 years (since 2008) and can't continue until this is corrected.
Thanks
There are some exceptions to that rule (I believe the main one is minor league FA who sign with a new team, or players who are released and sign somewhere else). Internally, there is some trouble with exactly how we could process that, so the rule for us is that any minor league free agent signed is immediately exposed in the draft. I would imagine that's what's happening in your case.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Salmon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There are some exceptions to that rule (I believe the main one is minor league FA who sign with a new team, or players who are released and sign somewhere else). Internally, there is some trouble with exactly how we could process that, so the rule for us is that any minor league free agent signed is immediately exposed in the draft. I would imagine that's what's happening in your case.
Thanks for your response.
I checked the rule 5 eligible players in my organization and there were 2 players who were signed as minor league FA's but the majority who are mistakenly eligible were originally drafted. I checked CPU managed organizations and found that they had many more minor league FA's but there were also erroneously placed drafted players.

My theory is that players who are promoted/demoted within a calendar year and play for multiple minor league teams within an organization are double or triple counted.
I am certain that something is wrong and its creating an abnormally large number of rule 5 eligible players for each team.
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #6
GTAltman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Was he on the DL for a large portion of the year? Players need to be on the active roster for 90 days or else they retain rule 5 status going into the next year. Under the contract page you should be able to see how much time they have left if he falls under that case.
Matt, I'm having the same issue trying to demote someone.
Image includes game date, injury history and when acquired.

He meets all eligibility requirements to be demoted.

I run this league, is there a way I can manually override this for myself and others in the league?
Attached Images
GTAltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
GTAltman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAltman View Post
Matt, I'm having the same issue trying to demote someone.
Image includes game date, injury history and when acquired.

He meets all eligibility requirements to be demoted.

I run this league, is there a way I can manually override this for myself and others in the league?
If we were in the NFL, we'd hear this...
UPON FURTHER REVIEW...

There is a new addition to the Contract Screen showing how many days are left for a former Rule V selection to stay on the active roster.
I've never seen this before, nor know when it was added, but this is a brilliant addition - whenever it was added.

Disregard my previous post, Matt.
Attached Images
GTAltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #8
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also first round on MLB Roster but rest of rounds if get Drafted stay in Minor's,