Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #521
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
The article says it is within the team's right. It is just that the teams don't usually do it. I'd imagine because it isn't good advertisement for any future FA's. I would expect the NFLPA to advise players about playing for Washington unless they are your only offer or they offer a significantly higher salary. This has gotten way past "just business".
Right, but this is all after the fact. I'm not suggesting the team can't do what they're doing, just that he may have a civil lawsuit. But he has to go through the union first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
I don't see where this is cut-and-dry that Williams is in the right and the Redskins are in the wrong (which appears to be the sentiment of the posts here). It's a bit of "he said / they said" with the combination of a holdout and trade demand. It's not just a cold-hearted team refusing to pay a player struck by cancer.

At least that's how I'm reading it. I could be missing something.
Here's the thing. Does the player have a reasonable expectation that team doctors would do their best in diagnosing him correctly? If the answer is yes you can throw everything that happened afterwards right out the window. How long did the doctors know about it, and what did they say? I'm speaking strictly from a civil lawsuit POV. I don't know what the union will accomplish, if anything.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #522
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Heh, this is how today's game is described in the TV listings:

Name:  Image0093.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  76.4 KB

Some "supremacy," eh? More like "futility." Yeah, I'll watch it anyway.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #523
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

I have the Jets +4. They'll lose by 20, but O'well.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #524
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

One of the best defensive stands I've seen for a long time from the Bills @ Browns, I know the Browns have been poor in the red zone but to defend 8 plays at the 1 takes some doing.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #525
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Toronto did it last season and next season will be playing in the top league of rugby league in England, if a league and sport in England can work it out who could be bought by Aaron Rodgers from a years salary and still probably have change then I'm sure the NFL can work it out. Plus they play more games in Super League.
Yep. Not to mention a big issue I seem to see is the "criminal history", like most super league lads don't have issues with that. A multi billion dollar a year corporation like the NFL that literally has so much money floating around that the franchises main point of revenue is the $250 million in "good work being a franchise for another year" from the NFL each year would not have issues fielding a team in a foreign nation and the UK gov can see the money it brings in.

Though... a London team wouldnt work due to time zones mainly imo. One game a year is all fine until the London team is adapting to new timezones every week. You know? Mexico City sells out just as much as London, they should move a team there instead.
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #526
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

My team isn't playing this week so I'm vying for a Chiefs and Dolphins win lol.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #527
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I have the Jets +4. They'll lose by 20, but O'well.
You, sir, failed to reckon with the greater futility of the New York Giants! To your benefit, of course.

The Giants' offense is better with Jones, Barkley, Tate, and Slayton; that's for sure. They still have a way to go with their defense, particularly the secondary, and team discipline - too many dumb penalties.

They're better than they were these past few seasons and hopefully only a year or two away from being contenders again.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #528
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Miami taking a run at the play offs?
Old 11-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #529
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

That's cold-blooded.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #530
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

AB wants to know if fans want him back.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-10-2019, 07:05 PM   #531
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Don't know why anyone would care if he's back in the NFL? For me, I care about team, not any individual player. I won't miss him or any other player for that matter.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #532
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Don't know why anyone would care if he's back in the NFL? For me, I care about team, not any individual player. I won't miss him or any other player for that matter.
I'm sure you'd be sad if your favorite player from your favorite team left though.

I don't care much for AB but he's a remarkable talent and even if hes having an offseason right now, he's still top 5 WR. My team would be glad to have him
Old 11-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #533
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Break up the Dolphins
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #534
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

The dolphins are winning games, cats and dogs living together, what's going on in the world.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #535
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Ron Rivera actually did some good coaching today even though it didn't work out. The 2 pointer after scoring from down 14 is one of the best mathematical plays you can make.

Meanwhile the completely phantom roughing call that turned a punt from the Packers five into a drive that killed the entire half was the worst bit of referreeing of the day. The expected point swing of that one rigged call is bigger than any single non-qb in the sport.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #536
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Ron Rivera actually did some good coaching today even though it didn't work out. The 2 pointer after scoring from down 14 is one of the best mathematical plays you can make.

Meanwhile the completely phantom roughing call that turned a punt from the Packers five into a drive that killed the entire half was the worst bit of referreeing of the day. The expected point swing of that one rigged call is bigger than any single non-qb in the sport.
IDK how the Panthers held the Packers to 24. Line got no pass rush. And as Aikman noted (the first among the media I've heard bring this up), the Panthers have had huge holes blown thru them all season. I couldn't tell if Donta Jackson was playing for Carolina or Green Bay. If he wasn't getting toasted, he was getting a flag trying to prevent from getting toasted. The only reason Cockrell wasn't just as bad was because he wasn't targeted as much.

Carolina was as good offensively as they have been all year. Allen just made critical mistakes at the wrong time. The INT in the end zone. The unforced fumble. And he was unable to get the team 6 at the end. The Panthers crossed the 50 I think, every time they got the ball. That's what made that phantom roughing call on McCoy so tough. Panthers would have undoubtedly scored if the Pack punted from the end zone like they should have.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #537
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

I missed the start of the Browns game last night but by all accounts Kareem Hunt got a good reception, that got me thinking of AB and comments on here. Now there different stories as theres no proof if AB did something but there is with Hunt. So I'm thinking what would it take for you to stop following your favourite NFL team, what would your reaction be if you were a Browns fan?

Personally I'd think twice about being a Browns fan, probably leaving myself open as I all Packers players wont be angels.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #538
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
I'm sure you'd be sad if your favorite player from your favorite team left though.

I don't care much for AB but he's a remarkable talent and even if hes having an offseason right now, he's still top 5 WR. My team would be glad to have him
Well of course, you mentioned from my favorite team. I was assuming he meant fans in general, which is why I said what I said. As a Colts fan I would be upset Luck retired. As a fan of a different team (that sucks), I don't care one iota.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #539
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
I missed the start of the Browns game last night but by all accounts Kareem Hunt got a good reception, that got me thinking of AB and comments on here. Now there different stories as theres no proof if AB did something but there is with Hunt. So I'm thinking what would it take for you to stop following your favourite NFL team, what would your reaction be if you were a Browns fan?

Personally I'd think twice about being a Browns fan, probably leaving myself open as I all Packers players wont be angels.
I was a Seahawks fan for almost 20 years when I dropped them during the Erickson era because the coach was driving drunk, one of the Blades brothers accidently shot his brother while trying to shoot his brother (if I remember it correctly) and other stupid behavior. Then I dropped the Panthers for a while during the Rae Carruth era.

But what you bring up is the reason why I stopped pulling for teams in other sports. I hate getting attached to a franchise and then they disappoint you with their character. That's why I no longer have a favorite NBA or MLB team. I enjoy the game better than way. But I can't get the Tar Heels out of my blood.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-12-2019, 12:09 AM   #540
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

In 2018, there were 8 overtime games through week 10, in 2019, so far there are 4 overtime games through week 10.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote