Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #21
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Save it... back it up...

Import it to XX. If you don't like it, go back to XIX.
I might want to play both 19 and 20 at the same time(if my PC can handle it).

I was just listening to SiriusXM and playing OOTP20 at the same time and everything went wonky.

I might start an NCAA type Triple A 250 plus team League and if that's a go then I would play that on 20.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #22
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
I've always imported my league immediately no matter where I am in the season. Have had no major issues. Figure if there was I could always jump back to the previous version and import again after the fix is released.

Anyway, I see some nice refinements in 20 especially on the 3D side. Took a while to go all in on 3D, but I'm finally there. Only see it improving over time.

If there is a disappointment for me, I'd say it's not having the customizable pants yet (Optional high socks included). Was really hoping we would get those with this release.
I don't recommend importing into 20 mid-season. Nothing game breaking will occur, but a lot of the AI changes can have a pretty big impact on rosters and lineups. Also pitchers with bad change ups can sometimes import with developed changeups... which can turn an average prospect into a great one.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #23
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
I don't recommend importing into 20 mid-season. Nothing game breaking will occur, but a lot of the AI changes can have a pretty big impact on rosters and lineups. Also pitchers with bad change ups can sometimes import with developed changeups... which can turn an average prospect into a great one.
Thanks, for the insight, Ktulu. I was probably two months into my current season when I imported to 20. As always, will keep an eye out for any issues. But, all is well so far.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:48 AM   #24
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
I've always imported my league immediately no matter where I am in the season. Have had no major issues. Figure if there was I could always jump back to the previous version and import again after the fix is released.

Anyway, I see some nice refinements in 20 especially on the 3D side. Took a while to go all in on 3D, but I'm finally there. Only see it improving over time.

If there is a disappointment for me, I'd say it's not having the customizable pants yet (Optional high socks included). Was really hoping we would get those with this release.
The only reason I don't import my other two leagues immediately is that I like to finish the league with the version I have started it.

It has nothing to do with the fear of any issues, it's just the stubbornness of an old man
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:47 AM   #25
discodude5
Major Leagues

Long time fictional only player. Every year I look at the features list and it usually feels a bit underwhelming for fictional but as the year goes on and there are patches and updates I can't imagine going back to last years game.

For me the price of the game and the hours of enjoyment I get it's not even a question of getting the new game. If you have a very limited budget or you don't have much time to play it could make sense to skip this year since there doesn't seem to be any huge must have change for fictional. You could easily have a good time playing '19.
That's how I look at football manager every year since I don't play it very much. I play more ootp in a month than fm in a year.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote