Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Questdogs Name Set Problems

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this, but im trying to make a 1993's Atlanta historical system there is one problem, Ken Griffey is Caucasian, yea thats a problem I think its directly related to the QD name set It says this:

OOTP loads this file whenever the user creates a new game. You can edit this file as long as you watch the syntax. Please read the online manual section about customizing the world XML file.
NATION tokens:
use_hardcoded_ml_player_origins - either 1 (=yes) or 0 (=no). If missing, the value will be set to 0. By default it's 1 for the USA nation record in the XML file. Just disable it (set it to 0) or delete it and OOTP will not use the hard coded player distribution for that nation anymore.
this_is_modern_usa - either 1 (=yes) or 0 (=no). If missing, the value will be set to 0. By default it's 1 for the USA nation record in the XML file. There should always be at least one nation with this flag enabled because OOTP needs it as the nation for pre-defined leagues, like NL or AL.

When OOTP creates fictional players for modern US major leagues, it will need to find the following nations by name: Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Japan, Panama, Australia, South Korea, Germany, Aruba, England, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Taiwan. So you should not change the names for these nations if you want to simulate realistic major leagues!

The thing is, im not using this and followed the Online manual and im using the default Word Default and im confused
So with those who are familiar with Questdogs nameset any help?
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #2
NYYANKS98
Minors (Double A)

I don't know if this relates to your problem but I had the same issue with Billy Hamilton because he shared a name with another prolific base stealer from 100 years ago. I just reloaded his portrait by going into the editor and he changed into a proper face that actually looks surprisingly like his real life face.
NYYANKS98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:12 PM   #3
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Yea, the thing is, every Hispanic, African Anerican, Indian Etc is white
Old 02-23-2016, 02:07 AM   #4
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Did you install the historical facegens already?
Old 02-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
Did you install the historical facegens already?
Forgive me but I don't know what that means
I already created face gens in the save if that's what your asking
Old 02-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerDuckson View Post
Forgive me but I don't know what that means
I already created face gens in the save if that's what your asking
You have to go get them from Add-Ons Central, and download and install them. Click on "File" button at the top of the page, then click on Add-Ons Central. Once in Add-Ons Central, make sure you have "OOTP Developments" and "OOTP Mods.com" as available servers (because I don't remember what server this gold mine originates from) on the right side of the screen, and it should be one of your options on the left side of the screen (as highlighted in image below). Once you've located it, click Download. Once it's finished downloading, you'll be prompted to install. There should be an "Install" button at this point. Click on it, and you've got a pile of historical face gens. Only problem is you'll have to start another game for them to take effect.
Attached Images

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-23-2016 at 05:15 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I think the problem you're having has nothing to do with Questdog's Name Set. His Name Set (I believe) is for fictional leagues only, and it sounds like you're playing historical, or at least you're trying to figure out why a player who is black IRL would have a white face gen. That has nothing to do with his name set, which gives fictional players names which are more era suitable (I think - I must confess I've never used it). Leave his name set alone, and go get the Historical Face Gen Pack loaded up. You'll be glad you did.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote