Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 02-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Requests for Slaabovian Republic League and related subleague logos

Folks, I need up to four logos for the Slaabovian Republic League and its two subleagues, those subleagues being the Follis Division and the Gens Division, please, if you don't mind too much here. One primary and one secondary for the Slaabovian Republic League, and one each for either subleague, if possible.

For the Slaabovian Republic League's primary logo, I need a golden sun in the middle of it, the letters SRL, and either Established 1901 or Est. 1901 somewhere on the logo. Besides gold, I would like to see at least three of the following colors, if not more, present in the logo: red, blue, green, white, and/or black. Its ultimate shape and choices of the aforementioned colors and/or others will entirely be up to the designer, for sure. But I still would prefer a non-circular and/or non-square logo for the league's primary logo, just the same.

The secondary logo should be in the shape of a shield of some sort, and feature the sun, the required letters, and the date mentioned above, at the very least. It should also have a minimum of three colors mentioned above, please.

The Follis Division's logo should not be circular or square, and it should primarily be in blue, white, and cardinal, if possible.

The Gens Division's logo should also not be circular or square, and it should primarily be in red, white, and black, if possible.

All logos must roughly fit the 1901 to 1915 or 1920 timeframe, if possible. Other than the above conditions, you will have free reign to design the logos as the Lord may lead you to create them, for sure. IF you have any questions, then you know how to reach me, I hope.

Thank you all for your time and attention and assistance here, then, and I look forwards to seeing what you can each come up with, if you're willing to try to help me out here. I would try myself, I think, if I knew I could make the items myself a great deal closer to what I may be envisioning here. But I'm definitely nowhere as good as many of you, in terms of making logos, generally speaking, at least. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-27-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Revising request here, trying to make it simpler and easier to understand and all
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not particularly good at logo work, but I can grunt out a few now and then. Here's an attempt at the SRL logo, I hope you get enjoyment out of it.

Last edited by chey; 02-27-2019 at 06:04 PM.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Wrong date, but very nice logo, just the same. The date shown must be 1901. Thank you. Will download logo once proper date shown. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Here you go CD.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 PM   #5
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Which is the primary, and which the secondary? Thank you for your help. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
chey
Minors (Triple A)

There's only one so far, I can't promise I'll get to a secondary logo (although one is usually sufficient for how often you actually see a league logo in-game).
Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #7
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Here's a quick secondary for you.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #8
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Thank you very much. Commented in your BBL thread a while back. If you could fill those requests as well, would certainly be most appreciative. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:09 PM   #9
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Date-related text hard to read. Can you make it more visible, please? Thank you. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #10
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Here it is with larger date-related text. Not sure what BBL requests you're referring to, sorry.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Much better, this version of the secondary. One last change, please, if you don't mind? Can you please make the primary 300x300 and transparent, for easier readability of the primary, especially because I often find it harder to read smaller-sized text. Thank you, if you do, in advance. CD out.

P.S. Let me recheck the related BBL thread, please, and I'll see what I last left for comments related to it, and get back to you about what I'm talking about here. Thank you. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #12
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Must have confused you with bchevy, sorry. Similar names and all, of course. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #13
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Here you go.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:30 PM   #14
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Thank you very much. I should be able to use this logo and the improved secondary one by the 1910's or 1920's in the applicable dynasty or dynasties, I'm sure. I'll use Eugene's SRL-related logos until then, in any case. But these logos will be slotted in somewhere along the line, most definitely, chey. Good work! CD out.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #15
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

For the Follis Division, think something along the lines of a bat and a scroll crossed, with a ball at the top, and a six-pointed star at the bottom much like the Star of David, but with each point filled in, and FD in the middle of the star. Rest of logo details up to you, as long as the resulting logo is not circular or square.

For the Gens Division, think something along the lines of the Indian Head seen here in its first slide: https://www.stclair.new.rschooltoday.com/, in the middle of the logo. Another six-pointed star similar to the first star should be below the aforementioned head, with the letters GD in its center, and another ball should be above that head. Rest of logo details up to you, as long as the resulting logo is not circular or square.

I graduated years ago from this school, so this sort of thing has significant enough meaning to me. And we were still the Indians when I graduated from there. They changed their team name to the Cyclones sometime later on.

Thank you for your time and attention here, so far, chey. CD out.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #16
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Hope these division logos can help you out to some degree. I'm a pretty low skill designer, so the scroll and bat stuff is likely beyond me. I also don't feel personally comfortable using a First Nations person as a logo.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Well, it wasn't a First Nations Indian, for I'm from the United States. Not Canada. But our school's teams were called the Indians, before certain legislation was likely passed in my state, whenever that was. There used to be a lot of American Indians/Native Americans in the applicable area of Minnesota quite a while ago, it seems. I don't know yet when my school changed its team nickname to the Cyclones, but it was certainly some time after I finished there, and after I left the area.

IF you don't want to include something like that in the Gens Division logo, fine. Thanks for your help anyway. Maybe someone else would be willing to include something related to my high school alma mater, and might better be able to visualize what I'm thinking of here for the potential subleague logos under the SRL.

In any case, I should be able to use the above-provided logos for at least the time being here, I think. Now where would I put them again, please, so that they could be seen in relation to the All-Star Game logos, et cetera, perhaps? Please advise. CD out.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #18
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know the answer to that, unfortunately; I've never used custom sub-league logos in-game.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #19
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Well, maybe someone else might know. Thanks for your help, in any case. Much appreciated, for sure. CD out.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #20
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Could you please resize the above subleague logos to 300x300 and/or 150x150, and make them transparent, if it's not too much of a problem for you? Thanks. CD out.