Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
tbrown85
Bat Boy

'State-less players' issue in my US States as Nations League

Hi All,

I've been working on a 'US States League' where each US state acts as a separate nation after I found a 'states as nations' world_default file. However, i'm currently running into an issue where there are a certain number of players getting into my inaugural draft whose place of birth is 'Unknown', and that do not have any state listed as their 'nationality'. This won't work with the league rules I want to use, wherein each state has a ML team which is made up predominantly of players from that state, with a certain amount of out-of-state 'imports' allowed. These stateless guys would act like wildcards that don't count towards the roster limits, defeating the point of the roster rules.

My method for creating the inaugural draft pool is as follows: Under the 'players' tab in the league creator I deselect everything, then go back through and select (checkbox) the 50 individual US states - I want the 50 'states as nations' to constitute 100% of the players for all time, so 'from random nation' is 0%. I do the same process for the entry draft pool while i'm there, AND I disable all international / indy league free agents.

So this means that each state should provide 2% of the draft pool (2% x 50 states = 100% of players - about 9000 players in all and 160-something rounds to fill all the minor leagues), but when I click 'round nation percentage to 100' - It rounds everything to 1.84%. 1.84 x 50 = 92 if my calculator's right, so i'm guessing that these 'stateless' players are the missing 8%... Now, I admit that this is still a WIP, I still have to change all of the teams' nationalities to their respective states and base the league out of a state which might well have something to do with the 1.84 thing - why i'm posting now is because it seems wierd to me that 'rounding up to 100%' gives you a figure that is less than 100%, and because even if I type the '2%' value in myself these stateless guys still show up. Can anyone think what might be causing it and/or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
tbrown85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Check this...

Look under your League Settings, Rules tab, be sure to check "Disable Automatic Creation of Free Agents"

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
tbrown85
Bat Boy

A quick update - changing the league nationality to one of the 'state-nations' and changing all of the teams' locations to their correct states seems to have fixed the 'stateless' players / 1.84% thing... though it looks like a lot of guys still have the 'unknown' place of birth, that's nbd.

Thanks for the tip txranger, but i can't find that specific checkbox you mentioned. I do have everything I can find relating to the creation of free agents set to 'off' though. I just simmed another draft and the free agent situation does look a bit wierd... there are guys listed in the top 25 free agents and it looks like none of them are stateless (presumably guys that didn't get picked in the draft), but no names at all in the 'free agent pool' tab...
Old 02-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
Ike348
All Star Starter

If you're using my file, there is an issue where players are listed with "Unknown" place of birth when regions are used. I don't know why it happens, and I don't know how to fix it.

If you are using my file, and it is a different issue, I will try to fix it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #5
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

What version of OOTP are you using to create your US States League?
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
tbrown85
Bat Boy

Ike348: As far as I can tell it is your world_default file I'm using. I downloaded yours just now and compared it to the one I'm using (which has very minor modifications done by myself so the standard 2-letter US State abbreviations are used alongside the 'nation flags' - your file used the same 3-letter abbreviations mine originally had, which confirms to me that it IS yours - I hope you don't mind the edit...) In any case, the big issue for me was the blank state / nationality thing which now seems to be solved. As long as my game knows what state a player is from unknown hometowns / places of birth is something I can live with, no worries.

BottomOfTheSixth - I'm doing all of this on OOTP 15.

Last edited by tbrown85; 02-12-2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clarity