Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Announcing OOTP 21, Pre-Order Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2019, 02:12 PM   #161
redtiger7
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 456
Thanks: 8
Thanked 78x in 61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Swede View Post
Hi,
Just about to buy FHM 6: I have two short questions though.

Are you able to modify how many fight/penalties there are in a season (or over a period of years) and how high/low the scoring numbers are?

Asking as I would like to replicate different eras in custom mode.
Yes to both. You can find them in the edit league screen
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Chicken Swede (10-31-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 03:29 PM   #162
jilech
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Denmark
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1x in 1 post
How come the all-time Jersey Numbers list in clubs History tab isn't filled out in standard game when it is in historical games?
jilech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:50 PM   #163
Northernsky
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 300
Thanks: 29
Thanked 23x in 16 posts
How do I get out of paying cap penalties? Having a hard time finding this answer. My payroll is low so not sure why I am paying penalties.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #164
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,477
Thanks: 104
Thanked 10,000x in 3,488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
How do I get out of paying cap penalties? Having a hard time finding this answer. My payroll is low so not sure why I am paying penalties.
The ones at the start of the game are those which are active for the team in real life, e.g. the $3 million cap hit from Luongo the Canucks are stuck with for the next three years. After that, the only cap penalties will come from offseason contract buyouts.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:12 PM   #165
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,477
Thanks: 104
Thanked 10,000x in 3,488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilech View Post
How come the all-time Jersey Numbers list in clubs History tab isn't filled out in standard game when it is in historical games?
We just added them to the modern database this week, they'll be in after the next update (although there seems to be a glitch with Montreal's, that may take one more update to fix.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
jilech (10-31-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #166
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 757
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50x in 39 posts
Was just wondering if we can schedule our own pre-season games yet or pre-season tournaments or are we still limited?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:36 PM   #167
Northernsky
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 300
Thanks: 29
Thanked 23x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The ones at the start of the game are those which are active for the team in real life, e.g. the $3 million cap hit from Luongo the Canucks are stuck with for the next three years. After that, the only cap penalties will come from offseason contract buyouts.
I finally noticed it in the Salary obligations tab. It's not easy to see if you don't know what your looking for. Be cool it was in red or something easy to spot.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:44 PM   #168
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,477
Thanks: 104
Thanked 10,000x in 3,488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Was just wondering if we can schedule our own pre-season games yet or pre-season tournaments or are we still limited?
No, not possible yet.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:43 PM   #169
rain94
Minors (Single A)
 
rain94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 76
Thanks: 2
Thanked 74x in 20 posts
How can we leave suggestions for future versions of FHM? Should I just create a new thread with some suggestions or will you guys have a dedicated thread?
rain94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:47 PM   #170
Izonli
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hi! I have a question regarding how the powerplay operates. If i run my pp with 4 forwards and 1 defender, how do i know where they will end up? Would be really nice to have something like this: https://i.gyazo.com/ec9c1532390334c0...091be66de6.png
That u can drag players to the spot you want them to operate on.
Izonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #171
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,325
Thanks: 67
Thanked 570x in 324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain94 View Post
How can we leave suggestions for future versions of FHM? Should I just create a new thread with some suggestions or will you guys have a dedicated thread?
Right now, just make a post.

There may come a time later in the year when there's a main thread, but not right now.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #172
GMO123
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 227
Thanks: 117
Thanked 53x in 25 posts
In the latest update (6.3.54), it states "-custom games now default to having the Percentage of Talent from Stats set to 0 - having no stats history available for every player was depressing the ratings to the point where reaching the cap floor in the initial draft was very difficult. If you wish to use the Stats-to-Talent feature in custom games, we suggest only re-enabling it after 1-2 seasons have been completed.".

After 1 or 2 seasons what is the preferred or more realistic setting for 'Percentage of Talent from Stats' for custom games? - same as before - 25?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #173
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,477
Thanks: 104
Thanked 10,000x in 3,488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
In the latest update (6.3.54), it states "-custom games now default to having the Percentage of Talent from Stats set to 0 - having no stats history available for every player was depressing the ratings to the point where reaching the cap floor in the initial draft was very difficult. If you wish to use the Stats-to-Talent feature in custom games, we suggest only re-enabling it after 1-2 seasons have been completed.".

After 1 or 2 seasons what is the preferred or more realistic setting for 'Percentage of Talent from Stats' for custom games? - same as before - 25?
Yeah, and 40-40-20 for current-last-next to last (when you've only got one season of stats, the "next to last" will get split proportionately, so it'll effectively be 50-50-0 after Season 1).
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:38 PM   #174
GMO123
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 227
Thanks: 117
Thanked 53x in 25 posts
I'm unsure what 'Job Rating' for a staff member means.

I have a scout who has a high rating/attribute for Coaching Goalies ('Very Good') so I switched his position from Scout to Assistant Coach for Goalies.

However his 'Job Rating' for Coaching is 'very poor', but 'Excellent' for 'scouting'.

The Job Rating seems to be contradictory compared to his abilities so I'm unsure what 'Job Rating' means.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:00 AM   #175
GMO123
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 227
Thanks: 117
Thanked 53x in 25 posts
For the manager options/Team Control Settings I have 'Assistant' chosen for 'Setting Lineups and Tactics'.

I'm the GM/Head Coach.

Do the assistant coaches' ratings for misc skills 'tactics' and 'ingame tactics' affect anything because the 'assistant' is taking care of Tactics?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:25 AM   #176
GMO123
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 227
Thanks: 117
Thanked 53x in 25 posts
On the Team Staff screen/page, at the bottom there is the box for Offensive coach, giving the name, Coach Forwards, Coach Prospects, Off Training and Def Training ratings.

I can understand the importance of those attributes except for Def Training.

Why is Def Training included or mentioned in the main attributes box for an Off coach?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:37 AM   #177
GMO123
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 227
Thanks: 117
Thanked 53x in 25 posts
If an assistant coach is set to have more than one role (e.g. Off coach and Def coach), does that affect anything negatively?

Do both the Off and Def players get the full benefit of his coaching skills because his time is split between the two roles?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:52 AM   #178
il Rezzonico
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 9
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Before than i buy this game, I seen on the preview there was puck on the rink (like last version of FHM 5)
actually when I select the options “show puck location“ they show me a diamond on the rink and not a puck.
why?
there are some way for have exactly the puck on the rink? I think it's more immersive.

thank you
il Rezzonico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #179
obseen
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Pto

How do PTOs work. I see the option to offer, but I don't get a response
obseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:52 PM   #180
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,325
Thanks: 67
Thanked 570x in 324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
I'm unsure what 'Job Rating' for a staff member means.

I have a scout who has a high rating/attribute for Coaching Goalies ('Very Good') so I switched his position from Scout to Assistant Coach for Goalies.

However his 'Job Rating' for Coaching is 'very poor', but 'Excellent' for 'scouting'.

The Job Rating seems to be contradictory compared to his abilities so I'm unsure what 'Job Rating' means.
I'm not sure I quite understand the question. But a Scout doesn't necessarily make a good coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
For the manager options/Team Control Settings I have 'Assistant' chosen for 'Setting Lineups and Tactics'.

I'm the GM/Head Coach.

Do the assistant coaches' ratings for misc skills 'tactics' and 'ingame tactics' affect anything because the 'assistant' is taking care of Tactics?
It can help shape what the AI chooses, but your Assistant will make the team to the best suit you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
On the Team Staff screen/page, at the bottom there is the box for Offensive coach, giving the name, Coach Forwards, Coach Prospects, Off Training and Def Training ratings.

I can understand the importance of those attributes except for Def Training.

Why is Def Training included or mentioned in the main attributes box for an Off coach?
Because it's important to coach all around. Defense training typically works with defensemen and offensive, Forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
If an assistant coach is set to have more than one role (e.g. Off coach and Def coach), does that affect anything negatively?

Do both the Off and Def players get the full benefit of his coaching skills because his time is split between the two roles?
Does it negatively affect? No, but you're usually better off having at least 2 assistants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Rezzonico View Post
Before than i buy this game, I seen on the preview there was puck on the rink (like last version of FHM 5)
actually when I select the options “show puck location“ they show me a diamond on the rink and not a puck.
why?
there are some way for have exactly the puck on the rink? I think it's more immersive.

thank you
The previous symbol had to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obseen View Post
How do PTOs work. I see the option to offer, but I don't get a response
If you offer and don't get a response, they didn't accept.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments