Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Announcing OOTP 21, Pre-Order Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #961
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,380
Thanks: 5,737
Thanked 40,827x in 6,332 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Wow.
What? That's life! Packs are random within their odds, so there are great packs, bad packs, and everything in between.

My personal team is still buried in a Bronze level league, I did not have much luck with my packs at all. But, again, **** happens.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-04-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #962
Westheim
Hall Of Famer
 
Westheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,114
Thanks: 2,558
Thanked 5,251x in 2,951 posts
I don't know, maybe it's me, but my neck thickens up when I see people bitching about a gold card in their pack. I know, you'd like it, Sunshine, but you're not going to be the first OOTP PT player to haul three perfects and two diamonds from a single standard pack...

A slight detour now. I play the federal lottery all the time. There are two drawings a week. I know my chances are pathetic, but from time to time some numb, dumb idiot wins Ä15m and it might as well be me then.

From July through December last year I went 19 straight weeks winning ZERO. Not even a consolation price. Not even with my priced Raccoons Retired Numbers. The last drawing before Christmas I then won five bucks. Did I write an email to the lottery complaining about those sad five bucks? No. When I won my first five bucks in almost half a year, I didn't throw a tantrum that I didn't win the jackpot.

Chances for a gold card in a standard pack in PT are vaguely in the same ballpark as winning five bucks in that lottery. The ticket roughly costs the same. When I drew my third Zack Wheeler, I had a good laugh. Okay, it was the laughter of a crazed guy that had seen too much ****, but I didn't make a new thread just to sound off.

Bear with developers of all games, any game, for a bit, that have to put up with people whining or cussing over their games all the damn time, usually for no reason. The game clearly states the odds. They are not in your favor. There is no need to sound off about the next pack with Steven Matz (61) and five 40-somethings. We all open those. None of us gets anywhere with them. Those cards are 50 PP towards the next pack. Only very few feel the need to voice their continuous disappointment about it. You will open many of those before you pull a perfect card.

And then somebody whines about pulling a gold? Pff!!

I could not be a game developer and live off that. Because I would tell all these whiners what I think of them, in frank terms. I will consistently have sympathy for game developers that deal with threads like the one that was merged into this cesspool in swift fashion, so they can focus on something actually important. E.g. their game.
__________________
Portland Raccoons, 58 years of excell-.... of baseball: Furballs here!
1983 * 1989 * 1991 * 1992 * 1993 * 1995 * 1996 * 2010 * 2017 * 2018 * 2019 * 2026 * 2028
1 OSANAI
: 2 POWELL : 8 REECE : 10 BROWN : 15 HALL : 28 CASAS : 32 WEST : 39 TONER : 46 SAITO

Resident Mets Cynic



Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
atabakin (01-04-2019), strakapoud (01-07-2019), Zorro (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #963
Airdrop01
All Star Starter
 
Airdrop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lenexa, KS / Wilson, WY
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 704x in 361 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Packs are random within their odds, so there are great packs, bad packs, and everything in between.

This would have been an appropriate, professional response rather than the first one.



At least respect your customers. That will serve you well, brother.


I am genuinely trying to help you here. This is what I would tell my kids or friends as well.
__________________
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #964
zrog2000
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 584
Thanked 888x in 528 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
This would have been an appropriate, professional response rather than the first one.



At least respect your customers. That will serve you well, brother.


I am genuinely trying to help you here. This is what I would tell my kids or friends as well.
Please. I like the fact that he talks like a regular human.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
7 thanks for this post:
AirmenSmith (01-04-2019), Clavette (01-04-2019), Markus Heinsohn (01-07-2019), NYY #23 (01-04-2019), strakapoud (01-07-2019), Thundercrack (01-04-2019), Zorro (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #965
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer
 
NYY #23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,964
Blog Entries: 17
Thanks: 4,152
Thanked 3,425x in 2,493 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
This would have been an appropriate, professional response rather than the first one.



At least respect your customers. That will serve you well, brother.


I am genuinely trying to help you here. This is what I would tell my kids or friends as well.
Oh come on, you can't be serious. He put a smile after it.

I get tired of reading the constant stream of my pack sucks, or is someone out to get me. I can only imagine how tired of it he gets.

Someone has to have a pretty thin skin to take offense to that, or just looking to start trouble.

Last edited by NYY #23; 01-04-2019 at 11:37 AM.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-04-2019), Clavette (01-04-2019), Thundercrack (01-04-2019), Zorro (01-04-2019), zrog2000 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #966
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,325
Thanks: 4,444
Thanked 8,246x in 3,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
This would have been an appropriate, professional response rather than the first one.
I did not read his response as disrespectful. But then I am a mind-numbed fanboy who can't think for himself, so what do I know.
__________________

Orcin is online now   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-04-2019), strakapoud (01-07-2019), Zorro (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #967
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,801
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,924
Thanked 1,247x in 908 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Oh come on, you can't be serious. He put a smile after it.

I get tired of reading the constant stream of my pack sucks, or is someone out to get me. I can only imagine how tired of it he gets.

Someone has to have a pretty thin skin to take offense to that, or just looking to start trouble.
Yes for under 40 bucks (Which is all you ever need to spend, Your choice) and a lifetime or at least a year until the next edition comes out . I will never understand the crying about whale teams or lousy packs or OOTP intentional attemps to cheat the customers in PT. You do not have to play this mode. The regular game is and has always been wonderful. Go back to playing it. You can call me a fan boy but I feel Markus should be able to make all the money he can on this game. I can never repay all the years of pleasure this game has given me. There is no price on that.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
NYY #23 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #968
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,801
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,924
Thanked 1,247x in 908 posts
In truth we lost a great programmer because of that . Shaun Sullivan who made Pure Sim (Which I thought was a great simulation) took customer criticism to much to heart and ended up giving his last edition away and then quitting. He took useless complaints from people to much to heart and he walked away from his dream. I use to talk to Shaun and tried to let him know what a great person and not just a programmer he was. He started his own business and claimed he was just to busy to put out the kind of game he wanted to but I knew he was just to nice of a guy and could not handle any crybaby criticism. He always tried to please every customer and that was his down fall. He never realized or learned the fact that some people are just ignorant and rude and just liked to cause drama because their life sucked so they loved to take it out on others. I miss him to this day. Not just for the game but for the person he is . He was another gift in my life.

Last edited by Zorro; 01-04-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #969
pizzaddict
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53x in 16 posts
Zorro, you make it sound like the guy is dead. He is alive and kicking and working on an engine for a new baseball game.

https://twitter.com/LiquidSullivan?lang=en

Last edited by pizzaddict; 01-04-2019 at 01:25 PM.
pizzaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #970
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,801
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,924
Thanked 1,247x in 908 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaddict View Post
Zorro, you make it sound like the guy is dead. He is alive and kicking and working on an engine for a new baseball game.
Lol, Sorry if it sounded like that, All I meant was he is wonderful programmer (Customer caring.) who took EVERYTHING to heart so much that it creeped into his personal life and a lot of the complaints were just bogus.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #971
AirmenSmith
All Star Starter
 
AirmenSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 1,798
Thanks: 341
Thanked 377x in 226 posts
Zorro,

I agree many of us could never repay ootp for the amount of enjoyment the team has brought to many of us. They should be able to make as much money as possible, many of us would support them raising the price if they deemed necessary. Fan boys or not OOTP is amazing and we will continue to buy it every year.

I guess I just don't understand the fight between F2P and P2W, as well as the censorship that OOTP has on the PT board here. How are these discussions about F2P and P2W any different then the ones we have all had on the OOTP general board? We have all seen the disagreements about online vs offline, or historical vs current, or fictional vs non fictional. Those disagreements have and will always take place but those threads almost never get locked.

Even when civil conversations are taking place about F2P and P2W, we have the threads locked and why? Why is it different here then the other boards?
__________________
Go to ITP forums and show your support for the greatest baseball RPG ever

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-04-2019), byzeil (01-04-2019), old timer (01-04-2019), SayHey1 (01-04-2019), whobob (01-04-2019), Zorro (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 03:56 PM   #972
SayHey1
Minors (Double A)
 
SayHey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 131
Thanks: 117
Thanked 70x in 35 posts
I'll honor a Dev request to keep comments on Perfect Team balance to this thread.

I'm new to the OOTP series. I bought my first ever edition this year prior to even hearing about Perfect Team. Once I got my hands on Perfect Team, it felt a lot like my childhood days of playing the board game Superstar Baseball. Super exciting!

Because of this, when OOTP 19 went on sale this year, I bought 2 of my friends the game when it was on sale as early Xmas presents....neither of whom were what you'd call huge baseball fans...(one of them had no idea who most of the big names from the 70's-80's were for example).

Despite the above, we all tried it at first and fell in love with the game!....at least for about 7-8 weeks of play. It was a blast looking for that "diamond in the rough" that you theorized would help your team compete at a value! I'm sure most here can relate to this. :P

Recently though, all 3 of us have come to the conclusion that even after spending a reasonable amount of money ($20-$40) we have determined that it can move you up almost too quickly in leagues (2 of us are in Diamond, 1 in Perfect) but once you achieve this level you are seriously outmanned by the Whales who obviously are spending much more than we are. Moreover, the players we need to upgrade to compete at this level are so prohibitively expensive that it will take months and months (if not years) to save the points needed to acquire them.

Because of the above, all 3 of us are waning in our interest and its a real bummer. I see similar sentiments talked about on the board here. It's a real thing going on in the PT universe.

I know there are people out there who love the game so much they can't stand to hear criticism about it, but Devs need to know the status of the game for those that are losing interest. I want PT to be successful. I think there are solutions to continue to make PT fun for all. I hope they consider the feedback as intended which is to improve it for all rather than how some characterize it as "whining".

Thanks for your attention to my humble thoughts.
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
AirmenSmith (01-04-2019), BoofBonser26 (01-04-2019), byzeil (01-04-2019), chazzycat (01-04-2019), Weaseltail (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #973
Cobbiusto
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 61
Thanks: 77
Thanked 31x in 12 posts
Not sure when it happened over the course of my lifetime that people began to believe that because someone else has a thing, they deserve that thing too. I grew up poor and learned early on that if I wanted something I didnít have, then I needed to work hard and save for it or else learn to do without it. I am not poor now because I did work hard and save, and I could afford plenty of PPs to compete with the best. But I havenít spent a dime and I am enjoying the heck out of this format as my teams bounce around from bronze to silver to gold and back. Because I also learned that my enjoyment in life isnít directly related to the amount of money I spend. If you want to compete at the top, then fork over the dough. If you are unwilling or unable to do so, then donít worry about it. Your quality of life will not be affected by a bunch of blips on a computer. Even if you did win a F2P league, in the back of your mind you would still know you didnít have the best team and couldnít compete with the best so what would be the point? Another thing I have learned Ė Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff. If you enjoy this game, play it. If you donít then quit and find something you do enjoy. Life is too short to be miserable unnecessarily. Enjoy the day all!
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
atabakin (01-04-2019), Orcin (01-04-2019), Zorro (01-04-2019), zrog2000 (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #974
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,801
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,924
Thanked 1,247x in 908 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbiusto View Post
Not sure when it happened over the course of my lifetime that people began to believe that because someone else has a thing, they deserve that thing too. I grew up poor and learned early on that if I wanted something I didnít have, then I needed to work hard and save for it or else learn to do without it. I am not poor now because I did work hard and save, and I could afford plenty of PPs to compete with the best. But I havenít spent a dime and I am enjoying the heck out of this format as my teams bounce around from bronze to silver to gold and back. Because I also learned that my enjoyment in life isnít directly related to the amount of money I spend. If you want to compete at the top, then fork over the dough. If you are unwilling or unable to do so, then donít worry about it. Your quality of life will not be affected by a bunch of blips on a computer. Even if you did win a F2P league, in the back of your mind you would still know you didnít have the best team and couldnít compete with the best so what would be the point? Another thing I have learned Ė Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff. If you enjoy this game, play it. If you donít then quit and find something you do enjoy. Life is too short to be miserable unnecessarily. Enjoy the day all!
Wow, Great post. Life is definitely to short to worry about the things that do not really matter.......
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cobbiusto (01-06-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #975
Clavette
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 252
Thanks: 183
Thanked 129x in 76 posts
Holy **** 49 pages. Guess I missed this thread.

I'd like to complain to my state that i bought a $20 scratch ticket and didn't win anything this week. I didn't bother to read the odds and now I'm offended..

Seriously though I think the perfect leagues should have type of tiered pyramid where the best of the best move up until theres only 1 or a few super top tier leagues. This would help with those who aren't able to compete with the brees' and waverunners of pt.

Just my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #976
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,325
Thanks: 4,444
Thanked 8,246x in 3,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Recently though, all 3 of us have come to the conclusion that even after spending a reasonable amount of money ($20-$40) we have determined that it can move you up almost too quickly in leagues (2 of us are in Diamond, 1 in Perfect) but once you achieve this level you are seriously outmanned by the Whales who obviously are spending much more than we are. Moreover, the players we need to upgrade to compete at this level are so prohibitively expensive that it will take months and months (if not years) to save the points needed to acquire them.

Because of the above, all 3 of us are waning in our interest and its a real bummer. I see similar sentiments talked about on the board here. It's a real thing going on in the PT universe.

Serious question... what did you hope to accomplish with your $20-$40 investment?
__________________

Orcin is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #977
Thalion
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 409
Thanks: 43
Thanked 223x in 144 posts
What’s the record for non logo/mod related thread?
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #978
stl jason
Hall Of Famer
 
stl jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 1,102
Thanked 1,626x in 1,046 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Whatís the record for non logo/mod related thread?
there's a thread in off topic with over 93000 replies....


got a ways to go to catch up
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #979
chazzycat
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 995
Thanks: 313
Thanked 711x in 398 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Serious question... what did you hope to accomplish with your $20-$40 investment?
Well I'm not the person you're asking but I'm in the exact same position. Spent $40 because it seemed at the time it would help me keep pace with other teams, give me a better chance to win, and get promoted, which is the whole point, right?

With that small investment I made the playoffs every week, got promoted every week, and even won the WS once. Good times were had. But now I am in perfect league, I totally hit a wall because my gold/silver player roster just can't compete with perfect/diamond rosters. I can't improve my team because the points have dried up, I can't get relegated without tanking and risking a ban, and I certainly can't win. So yeah there are no good options for me really and I'm starting to lose interest. If you have any suggestions other than throwing hundreds of $$$ into the game, I'm all ears...

Lesson learned I suppose. I won't be throwing small amounts at this game next time around. Better to just chill in a lower league as an FTP team.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-05-2019), Orcin (01-04-2019), SayHey1 (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #980
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,325
Thanks: 4,444
Thanked 8,246x in 3,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Well I'm not the person you're asking but I'm in the exact same position. Spent $40 because it seemed at the time it would help me keep pace with other teams, give me a better chance to win, and get promoted, which is the whole point, right?

With that small investment I made the playoffs every week, got promoted every week, and even won the WS once. Good times were had. But now I am in perfect league, I totally hit a wall because my gold/silver player roster just can't compete with perfect/diamond rosters. I can't improve my team because the points have dried up, I can't get relegated without tanking and risking a ban, and I certainly can't win. So yeah there are no good options for me really and I'm starting to lose interest. If you have any suggestions other than throwing hundreds of $$$ into the game, I'm all ears...

Lesson learned I suppose. I won't be throwing small amounts at this game next time around. Better to just chill in a lower league as an FTP team.

I don't have any other suggestions, but this is exactly my point. There's no way that $40 is going to compete with people that are spending $1000 or more. That's senseless. All that $40 will do is put you a level or two above the free players. So, if you spent $40 in hopes of getting above the free players, welcome to diamond level (perfect if you got lucky in week 4 and were in a weaker league).
__________________

Orcin is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-05-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments