Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Season 29 (2047) Discussion Thread

Two newly promoted teams for me.

The Redlegs are in P422, which doesn't seem like a terribly bad league, whale-wise. Perugia is perhaps the most accomplished team, but there's not a lot of Perfect League champions. Most teams seem to have lower-level titles, and the Redlegs, with their Silver, Gold and Diamond crowns, fit right in there.

I was able to pick up the great Garry Maddox (born in Cincinnati!) at below 7-day AVG. He's going to start at CF now and 100 Eric Davis moves into a super-sub role, making sure all my outfielders will be well-rested.

The South Side Lumber Company was able to snag All-Star James McCann, also for below 7-day AVG. With a distinct dearth of White Sox catching in this game, I had been waiting to get this card to make it my second post-collection acquistion (after Cisco Carlos, who proved to be the missing piece for promotion to Diamond). ASG McCann will now start over Sherm Lollar, and take the space on the roster held by...LIVE McCann.

White Sox catching in this game is so sparse, I was seriously considering picking up Diamond Pudge, even though he's a Red Sox card, just because he's Pudge.

Time to build my balance back up and take a run at some more pitching. Maybe upgrade Silver Roberto Hernandez (who I've had as my closer since Iron) with Gold Robo.

And as I mentioned in another thread, the Thetford Mines Mineurs have completed the Expos mega-collection and now have the services of 97 OVR Pedro and 98 OVR Vladdy Daddy. Promotion is imminent.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 10-07-2019 at 12:28 PM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Well, I'm riding high after 2 WS victories on Sunday.

Now to watch those 2 teams get crushed in their new tiers.

Teatotallers will march on to .500 or better. And with a little luck, I'll finish out that twins/senators missions by the end of the week.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Raccoons have been relegated one year after their only Perfect playoff appearance (0-1 then…) to Diamond. That was a wise investment of $250.

Numerous players with no auction house value this week, and some that are flatout broken (McNeil, Tatis...).
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My 1st season in perfect went better than expected. Sure, 71-91 isn't a good record, but my pyt record was 78-84, which was better than I thought I would do. I still think I am going to struggle until I rip another Perfect or Diamond or two.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Both my teams stay in the same league type. Decided to purchase a diamond pack. And this was the result.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

I'm in the situation that 2 of my teams are F2P yo yo teams that are better than diamond but worse than perfect, and one team that is good enough to make the playoffs but get bounced out pretty quickly. So I'm not going to be bothering with OOTP until tournaments come out (if they are still planned for this version)

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #7
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Huntley Red Raiders must be pleased. No Singapore Sluggers for them this season. Fortunately for the Raccoons, the Sluggers are in the other conference. So let's see... 9 perfect championships, 125 W per season average (our best season was 124 W) and their #5 SP is our #1 SP. No problem! Another perfect championship awaits us... Maybe next year?

I just noticed a little 3k PP boost and found out we got our 3000th win! I wonder why there wasn't anything for our 2000th W?

I was planning on getting a new #2 SP, but now I'm wondering if I should get 2 elite RPs instead? I could get Smith and Eck (I'd sell 99 Eck), for example. Hmm... Tough decision. The bullpen kept letting us down last year and if we got a new SP, we'd move 99 Johnson to the bullpen where he's done pretty well in the past, but he's not as good as Smith or Eck.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 10-07-2019 at 06:36 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #8
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Topeka Defenders: This will be the first full season without big changes to the team midweek I'm guessing. Walsh, Appling, 90 Ichiro will all get a full season in the team. This is also the first season for new addition, Zack Grienke. Fresh off their first perfect league playoff appearance via a wild card loss, the Defenders look to make the push for consecutive playoff appearances. This should be an interesting season.

Missouri Legends: No significant additions last season but the team made the push and won their division. The result? A CS series loss and resulting promotion to Diamond. Zack Greinke will hope to continue on his Cy Young Award winning season. Amos Otis won his 3rd consecutive gold glove in RF last season. Think I'm just going to be saving some points and looking for a couple upgrades. Will be an interesting season.

Kansas Rangers: The Rangers ended their Silver stay in style by winning the Silver Level Series 4-1!! Bob Gibson was named MVP and Cy Young award recipient. Duke Snider and Ray Lankford were silver slugger winners. A late addition in the playoffs for the pack only team is Pedro Astacio who now gets a full season to play with the team. Let's hope Gibson continues his domination in Gold this year.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #9
Izz
Hall Of Famer

P435 for the 'Glou, as we enter our 10th week in perfect. 9-8 start.

Made a few wee changes this season. Moved Simmons off the active roster and moved Aparicio to a roving defensive role. Have elevated Tim Anderson to play SS and train up at 2B. Have moved Dykstra to the top of the lineup and Betts to #9. Trout's started off the season slashing .274/.392/.371. TBH, I don't care if the slugging doesn't go up much as long as he keeps getting on-base.

We have the Exeter Blue Hawks in our conference (thankfully not in our division). The worst perfect league season the Blue Hawks have had was 99-63, which meant they must've been in a whale-only division because their usual record is between 120-135 wins. They have 10 perfect league championships. Their 25-man roster has 19 perfects and they have a further 25 perfects on their reserve roster... We had them in our league a couple seasons ago, opposite conference but played them 4 times. Splitting the 4-game series with them might be my PT2.0 highlight! We just finished our first 3-game set with them this season and didn't score a single run

ETA: Just pulled live Gerrit Cole. Is he useful at all or should I go with my first instinct and sell him?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 10-07-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #10
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

After 10 seasons in Perfect the YakAnglers found themselves in the wrong division and were sent back to Diamond, after making the playoffs the previous two seasons. The only good thing about last season was pulling 99 Nap Lajoie and selling him for 220k. With more PPs than we'd ever even come close to, multiple changes were made:
88 Ivan Rodriguez 14.5K
97 Spud Chandler 49,999
98 Gooden 40K
87 Maddox 14.5K
91 Dykstra (finished mission 10K?+-)
96 Colavito 20K
93 Schoendienst 20001
95 Molitor 15K
90 Garber (finished Mission 9984)
97 Gagne 18.5K

We've started 12-7 in Diamond, not great but we'll take it.

The Marathoners survived a 3-way tie for the final relegation spot last season and have added 96 Whit Wyatt and 93 Phil Rizzuto. They have started 8-9 and are 1.5 game back.

The Miners, who usually go up and down from Perfect, actually played decent last season and won 78 games. They've added 96 Bob Lemon and 83 Carew. Also tried to catch lightning in a bottle again (Diamond pack) but ended up with 93 Snell who go quick sold.

Last edited by RunninYakAngler; 10-07-2019 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling!
RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #11
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are in P454 this week (wow, these league designation numbers are getting up there, eh?) and this league is an interesting league that is full of familiar teams. It should also be quite challenging.

In the AC East, we have a couple of solid teams (Texas Padres and Belfast Dodgers) that have yet to break through for a PL medallion even though they regularly win 100+ games. The Belfast Dodgers have been especially hard luck as they've made the PL playoffs every year since 2023 (save for 3 times) and have zero titles to show for it.

In the AC Central, the uber teams Austin Express and RealMadrid El Blanco both have 3 PL titles and look to beat each other senseless.

The AC West will be dominated by the Manhattan Momos. The Momos are a new-ish team (est. 2038) that has raced up to Perfect, but has yet to break through for the medallion despite winning at least 115 games in each of 4 seasons in Perfect. This team has some funky stuff going on with the pitching staff with Eric Gagne on a 9-pitch limit in the rotation and Seaver and Grove on strange, short leashes--makes me wonder if this is one of the guys going for the pitching wins record.

Over in the NC...

The Saint Paul Fighting Saints (4 PL medallions) appear to be the class of the NC East. But, the Arkport Wolves and Kansas Champs also have one PL medallion each. Note: does it bother anyone else when a team name starts with a space? Anyone else notice the extra space? Just me? Because it's the Kansas _Champs.

In the NC Central, the Carmel-By-The-Sea Otters (2 PL titles) and the Kyary Pamyupamyurin (1 PL title, apologies if this team name is a curse word in Thai or something) should be strong competitors. I've been in the same league as Carmel a few times now and I'm not sure I've seen a team so derived from collections as this one--I count 13 players being collection players, and all of the best ones at that.

And then there's the NC West. We have a trio of familiar sounding teams--the La Crosse Fighting Frogs (yours truly, 2 PL titles), the Huntley Red Raiders (4 PL titles, no Singapore Sluggers in sight), and the Excelsior Dodgers. Not sure what it is with "Dodgers," but this Excelsior version is like the Belfast version in the other league in that they've made the playoffs a bunch (19 times) and have yet to win it all. Kinda reminds me of when Scotty disabled the trans-warp drive so that smug starfleet captain couldn't keep up with the Enterprise. Anyhow, the Frogs/Red Raiders/Dodgers should make for an uber competitive division so the Midland Rockhounds and Oklahoma City Bombers (really? really chose that for your team name? not New York City Truthers or something?) might want to check in next week to avoid the carnage that's coming to them by facing this trio 57 times a piece. And the Momos in interleague play. And St. Paul, Carmel, and Kyary for home-and-away series.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 10-07-2019 at 10:13 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Sorry - I know I should be pulling for a fellow Froggies owner...but...

OTTERS!!!

I love otters. They are easily my favorite animal.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #13
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

OTTERS!!!

SPTT team

Old 10-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #14
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post

OTTERS!!!

Let's just stipulate that if it's an animal nickname and said animal spends some time on land and some time in the water, then it's innately good.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #15
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Let's just stipulate that if it's an animal nickname and said animal spends some time on land and some time in the water, then it's innately good.
Like a beached whale or a drowned kitten.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #16
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
P435 for the 'Glou, as we enter our 10th week in perfect. 9-8 start.

We have the Exeter Blue Hawks in our conference (thankfully not in our division). The worst perfect league season the Blue Hawks have had was 99-63, which meant they must've been in a whale-only division because their usual record is between 120-135 wins. They have 10 perfect league championships.
Izzy, don't you know that the Zero-Time Perfect League Champion 21-2 Victoria Vikings are steamrolling the league? Those same Vikings with 0 Perfect cards, 13 Diamonds, and a smattering of Gold/Silver/Bronze cards? Led by 0.45 ERA Clayton Kershaw, and 1.05 ERA Tom Glavine?

Haha, I don't know what's going on with this start but I'm enjoying it. Unfortunately I had a winning streak of 17 cut short, but it was worth 4,000 PP.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:39 AM   #17
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

PP rebounded to above 100K and naturally did another run of 100 packs (I've totally given up on the AH--just no way to get MINT cards at the level I'm looking at...everything is 2nd hand when it comes to elite cards). Still not really getting anything good enough to roster, but I got an oddly high amount of diamond cards from this latest batch. Most were LIVEs (first world problems, I know): Clevinger, Greinke, Kluber, Morton, Snell, Donaldson, and Story. Also got 3 historicals: 94 Mel Ott (which I figure will be involved in the Giants collection), 93 Chris Carpenter (probably will be in the Cardinals collection, perhaps for a perfect Pujols), and 90 Dick Raddatz (I see just the 10-12K PP I'll get for him).

Old 10-08-2019, 12:43 AM   #18
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Izzy, don't you know that the Zero-Time Perfect League Champion 21-2 Victoria Vikings are steamrolling the league? Those same Vikings with 0 Perfect cards, 13 Diamonds, and a smattering of Gold/Silver/Bronze cards? Led by 0.45 ERA Clayton Kershaw, and 1.05 ERA Tom Glavine?

Haha, I don't know what's going on with this start but I'm enjoying it. Unfortunately I had a winning streak of 17 cut short, but it was worth 4,000 PP.
And you're only 2 games above pythag... Nice!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #19
old timer
Hall Of Famer

No doubt about it now. I'm definitely getting me some bullpen upgrades. We were 20-2 with the best record in the league. Then the Singapore Sluggers came to the Evergreen Forest. They took the 1st game 6-5 in 10 innings, with Eck blowing that one. Then we lost 9-7 in 10 innings with the whole bullpen (well, only 3 guys) helping lose that one. You know, I'm starting to understand why the Red Raiders feel so fondly about those Sluggers now.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:28 AM   #20
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P454: Oh, Hi, Old Friends!

Thanks to waittilnextyear for an excellent overview of our star-studded league! Wow, this is going to be a challenging week. P454 feels like a Perfect Team college reunion--so many familiar faces! Random thoughts about those old friends below...

The Belltown Bums in the AC East were in my league last year, winning 103 games before bowing out in the Sub-League Series. They are off to a slow start this year, but don't sleep on dem Bums...

Quote:
In the AC Central, the uber teams Austin Express and RealMadrid El Blanco both have 3 PL titles and look to beat each other senseless.
Huntley collided (sorry) with the Express back in 2041, when we were in the same division. Austin slightly outpaced Huntley by 22 games, 128 wins to 106 wins, to take that division, but Nero and I were both anticipating an epic Division Series clash...until the Red Raiders lost the Wild Card game to a team it bettered by 24 games during the regular season. Viva la baseball playoffs...

Quote:
The Saint Paul Fighting Saints (4 PL medallions) appear to be the class of the NC East. ... Note: does it bother anyone else when a team name starts with a space? Anyone else notice the extra space? Just me? Because it's the Kansas _Champs.
The Red Raiders may have just swept Saint Paul in a 3-game series in Huntley while I was typing this...kind of surprised we pulled that off. Also, YES, the extra space bugs the crap out of me. Thank you for pointing that out!

Quote:
In the NC Central, the Carmel-By-The-Sea Otters (2 PL titles) and the Kyary Pamyupamyurin (1 PL title, apologies if this team name is a curse word in Thai or something) should be strong competitors.
I haven't come across Kyary in PT 2.0 that I recall, but I believe the Red Raiders have matched up with them a number of times back in PT 1.0...and it never goes well for Huntley.

Quote:
And then there's the NC West. We have a trio of familiar sounding teams--the La Crosse Fighting Frogs (yours truly, 2 PL titles), the Huntley Red Raiders (4 PL titles, no Singapore Sluggers in sight), and the Excelsior Dodgers. Not sure what it is with "Dodgers," but this Excelsior version is like the Belfast version in the other league in that they've made the playoffs a bunch (19 times) and have yet to win it all. Kinda reminds me of when Scotty disabled the trans-warp drive so that smug starfleet captain couldn't keep up with the Enterprise. Anyhow, the Frogs/Red Raiders/Dodgers should make for an uber competitive division...
Huntley may have defeated the Dodgers 4-2 in the 2025 Diamond League Series... They're a great team that's had really poor playoff luck.

And the La Crosse Fighting Frogs...why does that team name ring a bell? It couldn't be because they upset Huntley 4-2 in the 2032 Perfect League Series to win their first Perfect League championship, could it? Or is it because they are run by someone who was once labeled as one of the best managers in all of Perfect Team by some message board crackpot? Nah, that can't be right...

Good luck to the Frogs, the Express, the Dodgers, the Saints, the Bums, Kyary, and all the rest of P454!

And finally, I must switch gears to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Huntley Red Raiders must be pleased. No Singapore Sluggers for them this season. Fortunately for the Raccoons, the Sluggers are in the other conference. So let's see... 9 perfect championships, 125 W per season average (our best season was 124 W) and their #5 SP is our #1 SP. No problem! Another perfect championship awaits us... Maybe next year?
It's all up to you, old timer! This week, the Raccoons are honorary Red Raiders! And I really, really hope I didn't just doom you to failure by saying that!

Last edited by JasonC23; 10-08-2019 at 01:34 AM.
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote