Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 AM   #41
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

So while it shows its value in pitching/defense, you pay the price in offense....

I did make the playoffs though, so not too bad a season
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:49 AM   #42
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

I'm liking those 7 Great Gloves! ... that's 1750 PP on top of your post-season earnings right there. But I'm most impressed with Dierker getting you the GG. That guy can do anything!!! (Except hold runners, but who's counting!)

I'll try to cobble together a Leaderboard of sorts and put it on the first post.

Did the players who beat out Ichiro and Adames have higher zone ratings?
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:38 AM   #43
Izz
Hall Of Famer

3 Gold Gloves for me, which was about the max I could expect, given it's really only CF, SS and 2B where I have elite defense.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #44
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
I'm liking those 7 Great Gloves! ... that's 1750 PP on top of your post-season earnings right there. But I'm most impressed with Dierker getting you the GG. That guy can do anything!!! (Except hold runners, but who's counting!)

I'll try to cobble together a Leaderboard of sorts and put it on the first post.

Did the players who beat out Ichiro and Adames have higher zone ratings?
Yeah i happened to check, i forget off top of my head who won 2b but it was definitely better. Ichiro had decent season, with 10+ ZR and 10+ assists, but I remember Kevin McReynolds won and had a ZR of 30.

I think my league was offense heavy (hence my awful offensive ratings). I checked the expanded team stats too and I had like 100+ overall team ZR. Some other guy was in the 80 in the other conference, but otherwise there were so many negative ZRs and teams in teh 10-20 range.

So maybe 9 is possible, but in addition to having a great defensive team you might need some other factors like all the teams in your conference basically ignoring defense haha
Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #45
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
So while it shows its value in pitching/defense, you pay the price in offense....

I did make the playoffs though, so not too bad a season
Those were almost my exact ratings. I ended up winning the Series and getting promoted to Silver.

And only 3 GGs for me this year. Belt, Pillar, Lofton (RF).

I done goofed while trimming my roster and accidentally sold Aparicio otherwise he was a lock to win it. I got lucky and found one in the auction house that was already trained to 105 at 2B.

They really need a mass sell option on cards because it gets so tedious doing it one at a time that I sold more than one of my 60 rated players that I was actively using.
taz20075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #46
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz20075 View Post
Those were almost my exact ratings. I ended up winning the Series and getting promoted to Silver.

And only 3 GGs for me this year. Belt, Pillar, Lofton (RF).

I done goofed while trimming my roster and accidentally sold Aparicio otherwise he was a lock to win it. I got lucky and found one in the auction house that was already trained to 105 at 2B.

They really need a mass sell option on cards because it gets so tedious doing it one at a time that I sold more than one of my 60 rated players that I was actively using.
There is an option in PT settings that you can set to sell any card under X player rating. So if you set it to 60 it will sell all cards automatically that are rated 59 or lower. Thats what I have it set at.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #47
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Do you have to remember your team's ERA, or how many shutout victories you had? That's part of another post that I got going on these forums: the Quest for 33 Shutout Victories. One guy last season got 40! The 100+ year old MLB record is 33.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #48
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Do you have to remember your team's ERA, or how many shutout victories you had? That's part of another post that I got going on these forums: the Quest for 33 Shutout Victories. One guy last season got 40! The 100+ year old MLB record is 33.
I did see the other thread and happened to check shutouts, and it wasnt that close to the record - just 20. Here is the pitching stats I happened to save:

Old 02-25-2019, 01:21 AM   #49
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Year 2030 - 4 Great Gloves

The Sullustans committed more errors in 2030 (65) than they did in 2029 (53). Our team ERA went up from 2.91 to 2.99, but our own batting average went up, from .252 to .266 and we won 8 more games to finish 99-63, good enough for a Wild Card berth in my crazy dominant division.

All of which to say is that the pull to actually win playoff rounds and championships is real, and has maybe pulled me a bit off course in the Quest for the 9 Great Gloves.

In the Year 2030, we got only 4 (1 less than 2029 and our record):

Aparicio : 7 years in a row.
Belt : 4 years in a row.
Pillar: 5 years in a row.
Kiermaier: 6 out of the last 7 years.

These guys are locks.

My catcher Tony Pena won a Great Bat award. Here's his fielding stats, with the GG winner (Realmuto)'s stats underneath:

Seems weird that Realmuto won, given that he only played 88 games. That led me to look up the qualifications for the Great Glove:

"A catcher must have played in at least half of his team’s games by his team’s 142nd game (a minimum of 71 games)"

At least my Pena won a Platinum Stick Award!

Anyway, with the PP I've earned, I went and bought a Kevin McReynolds and a Nolan Arenado. As I wrote earlier, the pull to actually win playoff rounds and championships is real.

Onto 2031!
Old 02-25-2019, 01:29 AM   #50
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Anyway, with the PP I've earned, I went and bought a Kevin McReynolds and a Nolan Arenado. As I wrote earlier, the pull to actually win playoff rounds and championships is real.

Onto 2031!
McReynolds will get you Gold Gloves too. He's won 4 in a row for me at CF, and I've seen other teams where he's playing the corners at an elite level.

I won 2 Gold Gloves this year, which was 2 more than I was expecting as I shuffled my defense around in the second half when I thought I was out of contention so I could train some guys up in new positions. CF (McReynolds) and 2B (Nellie Fox) were my winners. Aparicio didn't get the nod at SS but he did shoot up from 0 at 2B to 72 in just 45 games (40 started, 350.2 innings total).

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 02-25-2019, 02:16 AM   #51
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
The Sullustans committed more errors in 2030 (65) than they did in 2029 (53). Our team ERA went up from 2.91 to 2.99, but our own batting average went up, from .252 to .266 and we won 8 more games to finish 99-63, good enough for a Wild Card berth in my crazy dominant division.

All of which to say is that the pull to actually win playoff rounds and championships is real, and has maybe pulled me a bit off course in the Quest for the 9 Great Gloves.

In the Year 2030, we got only 4 (1 less than 2029 and our record):

Aparicio : 7 years in a row.
Belt : 4 years in a row.
Pillar: 5 years in a row.
Kiermaier: 6 out of the last 7 years.

These guys are locks.

My catcher Tony Pena won a Great Bat award. Here's his fielding stats, with the GG winner (Realmuto)'s stats underneath:

Seems weird that Realmuto won, given that he only played 88 games. That led me to look up the qualifications for the Great Glove:

"A catcher must have played in at least half of his team’s games by his team’s 142nd game (a minimum of 71 games)"

At least my Pena won a Platinum Stick Award!

Onto 2031!
How do you win so much with those hitters?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:43 AM   #52
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
How do you win so much with those hitters?
It really is the pitching. The 4 highest rated cards on my team are SP, and I picked up Satchel Paige for the bullpen mid-season. The defense that I keep on chirping about just makes those pitchers that much better.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #53
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

After 7 last season - I came back to reality with only 4 gold gloves this time too (Victorino, Pillar, Machado (1B) and Jody Davis). We had an awful season at like 65 or so wins, and it was mostly due to the poor hitting some of these guys had.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #54
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
After 7 last season - I came back to reality with only 4 gold gloves this time too (Victorino, Pillar, Machado (1B) and Jody Davis). We had an awful season at like 65 or so wins, and it was mostly due to the poor hitting some of these guys had.
Holy crap, you actually got a GG with my man Jody?

In the 11 full seasons I used him, I had more All Star appearances (1 at Diamond level in 2025) than Great Gloves (none)

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #55
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Holy crap, you actually got a GG with my man Jody?

In the 11 full seasons I used him, I had more All Star appearances (1 at Diamond level in 2025) than Great Gloves (none)
haha he was frigging brutal at the plate, batting ~.150 or something horrendous, but yes he did get the gold glove and he also got one last season when I had 7.

Its a pack only team so my only other option is Yadier Molina who isnt too hot either for me.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:50 PM   #56
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Gold Gloves for Lofton (RF), Pillar (LF), Simmons (SS), Aparicio (2B), and Belt. Lost CF to another Kiermaier and was training up Tulo at 3rd (next year). Still no love for Lieberthal. Dropped Wallach to reserves because he was sporting a hefty 56 OPS+.

Next project is training up Pesky and figuring out where to play him.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:31 AM   #57
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh well... Another season, another Lieberthal snub. He's yet to win one. Other than P I grabbed a GG at every position save 3B (Tulo lost to Arenado). I've been averaging 6-7 GGs.

I really think this is a winning combo for ftp or min $. I'm regularly getting the PP for 6-7 GG, playoff berths, lowest P ERA, most wins, Cy Youngs and multiple MVPs.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:17 AM   #58
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Year 2031 Review

The Sullustans picked up only 4 Great Gloves. And taz20075 check out who won at Catcher:

Belt wins it for the 5th year in a row.
Pillar - a decent year at the plate (.265 / .300 / .465 with 10 HR and 73 RBIs) - wins for the 6th year in a row.

I started Nellie Fox for the first time for the entire year and he pulled through defensively, although a real slug at the plate (.234 / .287 / .312). And actually I didn't realize how poorly he played batting third in the lineup! But he got a Great Glove so all is forgiven.

And Izz wasn't kidding about Kevin McReynolds. (Thanks for the recommendation, man!) He replaced Kiermaier and came through with the Great Glove, but also at the plate, slashing .262 / .303 / .422 with 21 homers (tying for the team lead with Nolan Arenado). He also led the team in WAR with 3.8.

//

Experiments like this will have to continue in the presumably tougher environment of Gold. Not only did the Sullustans make the playoffs (coming in as a Wild Card after forcing a 163rd game), we won the whole kit and caboodle, going 21-4 in our last 25 games including the regular season. After winning the 163rd and the Wild Card game, we swept the next two series and then won the WS 4 games to 2. So yeah, I'm only slightly disappointed at the 4 Great Gloves.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:50 AM   #59
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Sullustans picked up only 4 Great Gloves. And taz20075 check out who won at Catcher:

Belt wins it for the 5th year in a row.
Pillar - a decent year at the plate (.265 / .300 / .465 with 10 HR and 73 RBIs) - wins for the 6th year in a row.

I started Nellie Fox for the first time for the entire year and he pulled through defensively, although a real slug at the plate (.234 / .287 / .312). And actually I didn't realize how poorly he played batting third in the lineup! But he got a Great Glove so all is forgiven.

And Izz wasn't kidding about Kevin McReynolds. (Thanks for the recommendation, man!) He replaced Kiermaier and came through with the Great Glove, but also at the plate, slashing .262 / .303 / .422 with 21 homers (tying for the team lead with Nolan Arenado). He also led the team in WAR with 3.8.

//

Experiments like this will have to continue in the presumably tougher environment of Gold. Not only did the Sullustans make the playoffs (coming in as a Wild Card after forcing a 163rd game), we won the whole kit and caboodle, going 21-4 in our last 25 games including the regular season. After winning the 163rd and the Wild Card game, we swept the next two series and then won the WS 4 games to 2. So yeah, I'm only slightly disappointed at the 4 Great Gloves.
Congrats!

Only 1 GG for me this season. Nellie Fox, which was a surprise, as I thought he was outperformed by a couple other guys in my diamond league. But I'll take the PP.

Aparicio put up a +19.9ZR at SS but that was only 4th-best in our conference. He was beaten by his clone on another team plus 2 Simmons'. Still, his range was over 5, which I don't think I've seen before on my team from a guy who started 135+ games.

Re McReynolds, yep, he's got pop, especially vs LHP. He hit 34 for me at Gold level 1 season and 28 at Diamond last season. Still, I swapped him out for Garry Maddox halfway through this season. McReynolds' low contact, poor eye and poor avoid Ks hurts him at the higher levels more than his power can make up for.

Maddox has the same range as McReynolds, but will make a couple more errors and doesn't have as strong an arm. His eye and Avoid Ks aren't great either, and he doesn't have any pop, but he's a good gap hitter, will put the ball in play plenty, and is great on the basepaths.

I'm keeping McReynolds on the reserve roster, though, just in case.

Last edited by Izz; 03-04-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #60
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I only won one last season and it was a player that I ended up benching in favor of a little more offense, Kevin McReynolds.

Apparently the competition is tighter at Diamond level.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote