Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #21
stevem810
All Star Starter

Herve Delage

Herve is always calling me to see if I included him in the newspaper column. I tried to tell him that the focus is supposed to be about a young player and what it is like to experience pro baseball from a 16 year old and up....but, you know Herve. No problem, I can't help but like the guy. He's like an older brother in some respects. Not a real focused one, ha ha. But, he's got a big heart and talent to go with it. So, sometimes, I will include stuff about Herve.
Le Vauclin (AA) is our closest affiliate to a .500 record (11-15). Herve guarantees me that they will finish .500 or higher. We'll see.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #22
stevem810
All Star Starter

May 9, 1961

One of our better games this season. We rolled.
Attached Images
Old 05-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #23
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Box Score for the Game

For you stat guys like me.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #24
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Minors

Our AAA franchise seems to be the weakest link in our system at the moment. Le Diamant is 12-26 but coming off back to back shutouts by Cosman (1-4) and Jordain (4-3) both at the expense of the Artists in front of their Parisian home crowd.
victoire sur la route

Here is a snapshot of the minor league levels and top prospects for the Diamonds. Check out Herve, would you?
Attached Images
Old 05-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #25
stevem810
All Star Starter

My past week

I'm on a bit of a mini tear this last week. Man, I'd like to say good-bye forever to that pesky Mendoza Line.

editors note: Julien, cool it on the Line thing. It hasn't been invented, yet.
Attached Images
Old 05-15-2018, 06:49 PM   #26
stevem810
All Star Starter

The 1961 Rookie Draft

Le Diamant will be drafting first in the amateur draft that is a little over three weeks away. There are so many rumors out there about who will be selected first.
Our Scout, Patrick Beck, is from St. Pierre. So, a lot of us think he is recommending a Martinique selection. Maxime DuPont is from St. Pierre, so, we're kind of thinking he will be Mr. Beck's favorite. I know Maxime, he's a great player. The scouting staff refer to him as 'a student of the game'. OSA is not very high on him. But, here's the thing. Maxime is a centerfielder. My position. I mean, I'd love to have him on the team. I just hope they wouldn't move me to make room. Don't get me wrong, I'd do it. I'm a team player, but, still there is something about center field that makes me just feel 'alive'. I love the straight in look. The catchers flashing the sign. The location of the mitt. It's all stuff I've trained myself to respond to.
Antoine LeRoux is a Starting Pitcher from France. I hear he is amazing. I'm looking at his stats from high school. They are obscene. I'll show them to you and tell me you don't agree. Who would you pick if it were up to you?
Well, I've got to get ready for tonight's game. We are playing the French Le Mans Racers for the second night in a row in Basse-Ponite. We won by one run yesterday as Matt Lund (3-3) went the distance for us. I was 1 for 4.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-15-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #27
stevem810
All Star Starter

Basse-Pointe and Mt. Pelee

For those of you who have never been to Basse-Pointe it has an amazing location, close to Mt. Pelee. I try and take time to look around every day just to appreciate the beauty of it all. Hey, this would make a good post card, don't you think?
Attached Images
Old 05-17-2018, 01:07 AM   #28
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Basse-Pointe Team

I put together this page so readers could learn a bit about the Bandits. Dave Higgens (23 years old) may be joining Herve in AA, at least, that's the latest rumor. That would open up playing time for Proctor and Jolivet.
Attached Images
Old 05-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #29
stevem810
All Star Starter

Bandits Hot, and so am I

The Bandits are still in last place. The good news is we have won 7 of the last 8 games and are just 2 back of the third place Les Trois-Ilets Chargers. Only 6 games back of first place St. Anne means we can get back in this before it is too late.
As I write this account for the press I am on a ten game tear that has seen my average rise 73 points. I'm no Stan Musial, but it feels good to contribute to the Basse-Pointe team effort. I'm a lot more relaxed this past week. I don't know if I'm hitting better because of it, or, if hitting better made me relax. Our Batting Coach Hamid Pinto says it is a bit of both.
Attached Images
Old 05-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #30
stevem810
All Star Starter

Forgot about Herve

Herve asked me to include his past 10 games, too. Actually, he asked for the past 11 games because that way you could see his 4 hit game against Saint-Jean-sur-Richilieu Cows. Herve's Parrots lost in a close one. Herve stole his first bag of the season that game. Hits sure seem to come in bunches for him. He's like a hitting machine, that guy.
Attached Images
Old 05-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #31
stevem810
All Star Starter

A Glimpse at our Minor League Teams

Here is a quick look at the Diamond affiliates and the top prospects. No surprise, on Herve. We have a second baseman on the AAA Waveriders that I will tell you about, soon. It's 22 year old Ewen Joly. He is our #7 prospect and has been playing good ball for the past year and a half.
Attached Images
Old 05-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #32
stevem810
All Star Starter

Herve MEYER picks up 5 hits

In an FRBL game played in Paris, Herve Meyer put together a 5 hit performance to lead Giverny over Paris. Hitting only .262 on the young season, Meyer put on quite a show.
I look forward to my first visit to France when we play the Meyssac Blue Sox next week. The Blue Sox have a .500 record and are lead by Maxine Mathon, their 2b, who is hitting .337.
Attached Images
Old 05-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #33
stevem810
All Star Starter

Minor League Second Sackers

There is an interesting situation developing at second base for our franchise. A lot of us are speculating about pecking order and I'll tell you why.

First, we have Leo Mercier playing for Le Diamant. In his 2nd season he is pretty much treading water with a 0.3 WAR. But, Leo is just 23 years old. He has good defensive range and has shown improvements from his rookie year.

Next, in AAA, we have 22 year old Ewen Joly. Ewen is probably just a bit better with the glove than Leo. At the plate his .874 OPS is making the decision to hold him back difficult for the team management. His power game is developing, and that is something the Diamonds could use more of in the line up.

To complicate the matter, we have our buddy Herve DeLage playing 2b for the AA Parrots. Herve just may be the premier defensive 2b in our system. We already know about his batting stroke, but heading towards the end of May, Herve has really ramped it up. His OPS is over .200 points higher than last year, AND he is playing at a higher level.

I don't know what they are going to do about call ups and promotions. Our head scout, Patrick Beck, was in Basse-Pointe before our last road trip and we asked him what was going to happen.
"We haven't decided anything, yet. But, I'll tell you this much boys, these situations have a way of working themselves out. Even if we call it wrong, in the end, we get it right."

So, look the profiles over while pretending you are the Scout. I mean, the safe thing is, do nothing. OK, here they are....
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-22-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #34
stevem810
All Star Starter

May 21

I had my 17th birthday 4 days ago. Still, just a kid. The guys and the coaching staff had a little party for us after the game. We enjoyed the cake that one of the mom's baked for the party. It was a bit subdued because we got thrashed by the Meyssac Blue Sox 10-2. It was a close game that was tied 2-2 after 7 innings. Calvet and Lalanne hit long homers in the 8th and 9th that sealed it. I had a single in 3 trips to the plate.

The good news is the next night we paid them back, big time. Down 8-4 in the 9th with 2 outs, Harrie Goudie fouled off 3 pitches in a row before lining a ball over the fence for a grand slam homer! We pushed across a run in the 11th to take the game, 9-8.
Attached Images
Old 05-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #35
stevem810
All Star Starter

Vic Cosman

Vic Cosman is considered the 'Ace' of the Diamonds. His nickname should be Tough Luck. I mean imagine having a 3.14 ERA and being 1-6. He's got the goods, just not the luck. His fastball is estimated to be between 93-95 MPH and he's got 3 quality pitches...fastball, curve, and change.

I've included his pitching log for Spring and the Regular Season. I'm predicting big things for Vic. Le Diamant's pitching coach Arnaud Pommier says he will be one of the top 5 pitchers in the FRBL some day. No pressure, Mr. Cosman.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-24-2018, 05:01 PM   #36
stevem810
All Star Starter

Report Card for our Closer

Benjamin Andre (we call him Ben) got his 'report card' from the Head Scout which had good news/bad news. It looks like as Ben matures he is getting a little more mustard on the heater to go with his excellent movement.

Area for improvement? Control. Mr. Beck says that Ben will never make it to Le Diamant unless he gets control of his stuff. "Dial it down, if you have to, but I want walks at less than 3.0 per 9 IP, 2.5 would be better", were the words that Patrick passed along to Ben (according to Ben). Ben currently is allowing 5.6 BB/ 9 IP. So, I asked him if he was going to take that advice. Ben just looked at me with one of the 'what do you think' looks. Fits his profile, if you ask me.
Attached Images
Old 05-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #37
stevem810
All Star Starter

Draft Day

We are on the edge of our dugout seats waiting to get word on who will be selected by Le Diamant as the #1 Rookie Selection today.

No way do they not pick Antoine LeRoux, out of France. Look at his HS stats. I'd love to play CF behind this kid. Well, he's just 1 year younger than me, I guess.
Attached Images
Old 05-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #38
stevem810
All Star Starter

Long Gone!

If Ernie Harwell (Detroit Tiger WJR broadcaster) was announcing our May 26th game against the Pantin Vultures, he might have said something like this, "Martial Andre, sets, and deals. Henri swings...it's back, way back, and LONG GONE!" Julien Henri, the kid from Sainte Pierre has just hit his first homer of the season, and 4th of his career.
Plus, we won 5-0, too. Sweet!
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 05-26-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #39
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Ah, Ernie Harwell! Favorite baseball voice of my youth. (My favorite Harwellism: called strike out, "and he stood there like the house by the side of the road." )
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:03 PM   #40
stevem810
All Star Starter

Basse-Point is now + .500

While we await word on the rookie draft selections it's noteworthy that the Bandits are now playing better than .500 ball! We are 26-25 and have won 8 of the last 10.

After our maiden year of 34-90, the organization is feeling much better about our development. I'm not proud of the fact that I lead the team in K's (see graphic), but, knowing my numbers are improving in other areas keeps me from getting discouraged.

Hitting Coach Kevin Smith told me today that I'm doing very well. Actually, ahead of where they thought I would be at this stage of the season. That made me feel pretty good. All of us agree, Coach Smith has done a real nice job with our batting strokes this year.

I'll have word on that draft pick before the night is over so this is something that you'll not want to miss.
Attached Images
Image Image