Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
Dr. Strangelove
Minors (Double A)

1900s

Well, tried a 1905 game a while ago but there weren’t many 3D ballparks available then. Has anything improved in the matter? And more importantly, are all 3D ballparks included in the collection available on the Steam Workshop?
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Well, tried a 1905 game a while ago but there weren’t many 3D ballparks available then. Has anything improved in the matter? And more importantly, are all 3D ballparks included in the collection available on the Steam Workshop?
Silvams set kind of starts with 1910's Comiskey. Here is a link to some wooden parks. No to the 2nd part to my knowledge, I could be wrong.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=269143
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

There is generally not a great deal of data on pre-1910s ballparks, period, which makes any park creation, 3D or otherwise, something of a creative exercise as much as one of recreating the past. FWIW the spate of new parks during the teens was due in large part to a trend called the "City Beautiful" movement, which saw (mostly private business) build not just new baseball fields out of concrete and steel (this being the biggest difference; the previous ones were pretty much all wood structures not made to last for decades) but a wide assortment of other semi-public attractions as well. I think the last of the pre-1910s parks was Crosley Field in Cincinnati, which itself was renovated pretty heavily from its (wooden) origins but at that was torn down in 1970.

By the way, only tangentially related, and the logistics of this make my head hurt, but some time prior to the 1920s homers should be a product of speed and gap power rather than HR power. Probably you'd need to have some kind of sliding scale wherein, say, 95% of them hit in 1903 were of the inside the park variety, slowly getting down to "only", say, 25% by 1920 (I have no idea what the actual numbers are or if they're even out there, though I suspect they do exist now for many seasons). That would also wreak havoc with ratings-based leagues but a. ratings already suck for pre-modern play (the AI will still grossly overrate HRs all to crap in seasons where a 200 HR power rating will give you 8 homers), and b. you can at least get somewhat away from this by forcing the game to make evaluations based on stats.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote