Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Spring Training DL Issue

Not sure if I just never noticed before or if it's a new issue. I have a minor league player on the 40-man roster that got injured during spring training. I try to put him on the DL, but he goes on the major league DL so he will end up accruing ML service time for the next 3 months.

There was no way for me to demote him to AAA before putting him on the DL as the game doesn't allow roster moves to injured players.

There should be a way to put minor league players on the minor league DL during spring training.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If a player is on the 40-man roster and gets injured in an MLB game (or MLB spring training), then he can only go on the MLB DL. The only way to avoid that would be to waive/DFA him to remove him from the 40-man roster and then you could put him in the minors and on the DL (although I'm sure if that happened in real life, the MLBPA would get upset at the team).

Basically, a guy on the 40-man roster in spring training IS in the majors, and has to be treated as such.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

I understand that's how the game does it, but it does not happen in MLB that way. See this thread here where it was an issue 8 years ago.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=185606

In particular, the following post was based on the 2007 CBA (not sure if things changed) stating that players on the 40-man roster can be demoted if injured during spring training if they do not have a contract for the next season.

I understand the rules are probably too complicated for OOTP to get 100% right, but we should be able to at least demote guys with no major league experience if they get injured during spring training. Otherwise, we're taking a huge risk giving players a shot during spring training.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote