Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #1
henry296
All Star Reserve

1968 Random Debut

I thought it would be interesting to try to sim a random debut league using the 1968 modifiers starting in 2016 and see what type of offensive numbers would create. I simmed the first season and saw really good results with just a few batters hitting over 300 and many pitchers with sub 2.00 ERAs. i turned off the automatically calculated league modifiers and then simmed 80 years into the future. Eventually the league batting averages creeped higher with George Sisler even hitting 400, but I only ended up with 4 players hitting 500 HRs.

I auto-calc the modifiers and turned on automatically calculate and simulated another 15 years this morning and saw the league batting averages again going higher into the 260 range.

I assumed this because I didn't auto-calc each year and it started to blend the real modifiers.

Is there a way to generate a long-history with a given set of modifiers and strategy without managing each year. Basically let the computer run while I sleep and work.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I thought it would be interesting to try to sim a random debut league using the 1968 modifiers starting in 2016 and see what type of offensive numbers would create. I simmed the first season and saw really good results with just a few batters hitting over 300 and many pitchers with sub 2.00 ERAs. i turned off the automatically calculated league modifiers and then simmed 80 years into the future. Eventually the league batting averages creeped higher with George Sisler even hitting 400, but I only ended up with 4 players hitting 500 HRs.

I auto-calc the modifiers and turned on automatically calculate and simulated another 15 years this morning and saw the league batting averages again going higher into the 260 range.

I assumed this because I didn't auto-calc each year and it started to blend the real modifiers.

Is there a way to generate a long-history with a given set of modifiers and strategy without managing each year. Basically let the computer run while I sleep and work.
I don't think so. I think the auto-calc every year just before opening day method is the one you want to stick with if you want to put a strangle hold on the offensive output of your league. Also leave the Auto adjust league totals modifiers box unchecked in conjunction with auto-calcing every year. There's no other method that I know of that works this well. Sorry.

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-24-2017 at 05:31 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I don't think so. I think the auto-calc every year just before opening day method is the one you want to stick with if you want to put a strangle hold on the offensive output of your league. Also leave the Auto adjust league totals modifiers box unchecked in conjunction with auto-calcing every year. There's no other method that I know of that works this well. Sorry.
Why leave do you leave the Auto adjust league totals modifiers box unchecked? I do the auto-calc the day before the season starts but have the adjust box checked along with the advance every year for both strategy and financial, but then again I am advancing everything by year and not freezing to a specific year.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Why leave do you leave the Auto adjust league totals modifiers box unchecked? I do the auto-calc the day before the season starts but have the adjust box checked along with the advance every year for both strategy and financial, but then again I am advancing everything by year and not freezing to a specific year.
I just have advance every year checked for financials. Every other box is unchecked for me because I lock everything to 1984. Even though I have advance every year checked for financials I still have to advance it on the first day of the offseason for some reason.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:45 AM   #5
henry296
All Star Reserve

I ran the recalc on opening day each year and ran it for 20 years and got the results I wanted. Batting averages ranged from 235 to 242. After 20 years nobody reached 3000 hits or 500 homers. George Sisler did have the best career average at 337. Mickey Mantle won 5 mvps.

Best pitching season was Mark Prior in 2025 with a 0.88 ERA. Babe Ruth is the leader in wins at 296 but Jon Lester should pass him next year.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:30 AM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I ran the recalc on opening day each year and ran it for 20 years and got the results I wanted. Batting averages ranged from 235 to 242. After 20 years nobody reached 3000 hits or 500 homers. George Sisler did have the best career average at 337. Mickey Mantle won 5 mvps.

Best pitching season was Mark Prior in 2025 with a 0.88 ERA. Babe Ruth is the leader in wins at 296 but Jon Lester should pass him next year.
Good to hear. It's important to have your run scoring environment fit what you want.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #7
henry296
All Star Reserve

One thing I noticed is that after about 10 years when i hit re-calc the modifiers didn't change much. Is that because my league stabilizes and possible that is not required?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing I noticed is that after about 10 years when i hit re-calc the modifiers didn't change much. Is that because my league stabilizes and possible that is not required?
They will constantly adjust as needed. Perhaps it indicates that your league had found great stability with run scoring at that low a level. Who knows? But the best way to keep it there is the once a year technique. At least it's the best that I've come across. Could also be that because your run scoring environment is such an extreme (extremely low in this case), that it's easier to stay at that level once it finds it. I would still advocate the once a year thing though, and it's really not that much trouble. It just takes a couple of seconds, and the results are terrific.