Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
YeOldTonk
Bat Boy

Adjusting Rosters

I started a 1969 Seattle Pilots franchise in Challenge Mode. Was wondering if there was a way to manually change the rosters of the teams.
The game starts on March 1, 1969. Lou Piniella wasn't traded to the Kansas City Royals until April 1st of that year, but in the game, the players have already been traded. Was hoping to reverse the trade to see how the team would do with the 1969 Rookie of the Year in the outfield.
YeOldTonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk View Post
I started a 1969 Seattle Pilots franchise in Challenge Mode. Was wondering if there was a way to manually change the rosters of the teams.
The game starts on March 1, 1969. Lou Piniella wasn't traded to the Kansas City Royals until April 1st of that year, but in the game, the players have already been traded. Was hoping to reverse the trade to see how the team would do with the 1969 Rookie of the Year in the outfield.
Could you do commish mode > force trade and trade all the players that were involved back to the teams you want them on?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
YeOldTonk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Could you do commish mode > force trade and trade all the players that were involved back to the teams you want them on?
Would like to be the Coach & GM. Is that a different mode to play or can I switch? Sorry, first time player of OOTP.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would like to be the Coach & GM. Is that a different mode to play or can I switch? Sorry, first time player of OOTP.
No need to apologize. Go to "Manager's Office" and click on the "Control & Auto Play Settings" tab and just under the heading "Play Mode" there should be a box that says "Play in Commissioner Mode". Check that box. It's also known as playing in "God Mode" so be careful not to abuse your powers. Act as...Seattle Pilots. Now go into Your League > Player Info > Trading Block > Initiate Trade tab. Make sure Seattle and Kansas City are the two teams involved. Send John Gelnar and Steve Whitaker back to Kansas City for "Sweet Lou". If the Kansas City GM wants more, force the trade as is on him. BOOM! Lou's back with Seattle and Gelnar and Whitaker are back with Kansas City.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #5
YeOldTonk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
No need to apologize. Go to "Manager's Office" and click on the "Control & Auto Play Settings" tab and just under the heading "Play Mode" there should be a box that says "Play in Commissioner Mode". Check that box. It's also known as playing in "God Mode" so be careful not to abuse your powers. Act as...Seattle Pilots. Now go into Your League > Player Info > Trading Block > Initiate Trade tab. Make sure Seattle and Kansas City are the two teams involved. Send John Gelnar and Steve Whitaker back to Kansas City for "Sweet Lou". If the Kansas City GM wants more, force the trade as is on him. BOOM! Lou's back with Seattle and Gelnar and Whitaker are back with Kansas City.
Bueno! Thankya much. I tried to make the trade before, but it wouldn't let me because KC didn't have the money.

Wasn't sure if it would screw up the Challenge Mode as well.

Edit: Commissioner Mode is disabled in Challenge Mode. I'll keep pestering the Royals about a trade....

Last edited by YeOldTonk; 03-21-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bueno! Thankya much. I tried to make the trade before, but it wouldn't let me because KC didn't have the money.

Wasn't sure if it would screw up the Challenge Mode as well.

Edit: Commissioner Mode is disabled in Challenge Mode. I'll keep pestering the Royals about a trade....
That makes sense because you're playing against other OOTPers around the globe and you can't be a God among mere mortals.