Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
NimCross
Bat Boy

What happened to Mark Trumbo

Hi Everyone,

I purchased OOTP17 this holiday from the steam sale. Its my first stab at OOTP series and it's been fun so far.

For my first league I am trying out Manager Mode with the Orioles. I figured it would give me a taste of what is going on without to much GM stuff, until I am ready. When playing my fourth game, I made some line up changes. I hit the play button, which was one of my first learning lessons as I simmed the game instead of coaching it. The game simmed and I got a message that I received a new player. My lineup now had a third catcher on the roster and Mark Trumbo was gone, with no explanation of what happened to him. The email explained that I received a player but no explanation of any player being removed. Later in the season I had a player received and it told me what player was moved down, but not with the Trumbo situation.

I checked all my team rosters, he is off the 25 and 40 man roster, he's not a free agent, and when I do a search it says he is on the Orioles MLB team. I played about 10 more games periodically looking for him with the same results.

He doesn't exist in the Major Leagues unless you search his name, but then he's not on the team it says he is. Can anyone offer any suggestion or what I might have done? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nim
NimCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hi Nim:

That's very odd!

I think we'd need to see your saved game files to get an idea of what might have happened. Can you upload them for us to check out as per the instructions linked in my sig, then drop me a line to let me know what you called them?

Thanks much!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
NimCross
Bat Boy

I will, thanks.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Are you sure he didn't suffer an injury in that game you accidentally simmed? He may have gotten hurt and was placed on the 60-day DL, which would remove him from both the 25-man and 40-man roster. You would've gotten an e-mail saying he was hurt, but possibly you overlooked it.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Post some screenshots of player lists where he is and is not visible. Could he be suspended?

Duh and of course check the DL as a smart poster said.

Check the box score of the game he disappeared from

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 01-11-2017 at 05:22 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Are you sure he didn't suffer an injury in that game you accidentally simmed? He may have gotten hurt and was placed on the 60-day DL, which would remove him from both the 25-man and 40-man roster. You would've gotten an e-mail saying he was hurt, but possibly you overlooked it.
Good point!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
NimCross
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Post some screenshots of player lists where he is and is not visible. Could he be suspended?

Duh and of course check the DL as a smart poster said.

Check the box score of the game he disappeared from
Thanks for the help guys, he is not on the DL and there are no messages of any injury for him. There are no messages mentioning anything of him. Only the one where a third catcher was added to my roster. I thought he might be injured, but I had another player injured and I got an email saying he was injured and it let me know where that player was and what happened.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
NimCross
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimCross View Post
Thanks for the help guys, he is not on the DL and there are no messages of any injury for him. There are no messages mentioning anything of him. Only the one where a third catcher was added to my roster. I thought he might be injured, but I had another player injured and I got an email saying he was injured and it let me know where that player was and what happened.
Just doubled checked, not on the DL.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #9
NimCross
Bat Boy

when you look him up you can see his profile. He's not injured and is 100% rested / health status OK.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:02 AM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

You may have a custom filter on which would make him disappear from lists.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #11
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Check you DFA list and waivers. He has an ML contract so he may be waived and DFAed to bring the catcher up. That would be the move to create 25 man space. If he has been DFA he will be off the 25 man but on the 40 man.