Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 01-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
bagman67
Minors (Single A)

Questions about the Game

I plan on purchasing the game soon and was wondering if someone can answer these basic questions for me.

The way I like to play the game is by single season stock replays. Just play one season then when the stanley cup is done start it over or play another season. I want the most realistic results possible. Also I just like to watch the games unfold without managing or being a GM. Wierd, i know but thats just me.

Questions
1) What settings should I use or not use for single season so I get the most realistic results possible

2) I probably not going to use injuries as I do not like them. Can I turn off injuries in the game?

3) same goes for trades... especially after reading how bad the trades are. can i turn trades off ?

4) Is there an out of town scoreboard? like if im watching a game unfold will i see the other scores of the live games going on? (OOTP has this feature)

5) if my game im viewing is a blowout can i switch to another game that is being played at same time (OOTP you can do this)

6) do you suggest i get the game from steam? or buy from ootp directly.. does one or the other have an advantage over the other one?

7) How long does it take to view a game being played out if i want to watch the game in detail full action from start to finish

Ill probably think of more questions after i purchase the game..
thanks

Tom
bagman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I highly recommend FHM2 over FHM1. 2 is miles ahead and well worth the price.

1) the game already replicates pretty closely so you don't need to change anything.

2) I can't remember for FHM1 ( I have a feeling no) but you can change injury frequency in 2.

3) You can change the trade frequency in 2.

4) No. Maybe one day but I imagine it's low on the list for now.

5) No, but you can speed up your game.

6) Steam automatically updates. I'd recommend non steam if you don't mind applying updates yourself...that way you can get the updates faster (it normally takes extra time to get on steam). But some people just love steam. Personally I don't.

7) Games can go in real time or faster (a couple minutes) depending on your preference.

If you decide on FHM2, check out the mods section for some great jerseys and logo packs.